Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ort posted:

When I think of Hollywood Brown, I just think “another Mecole Hardman”. I haven’t paid attention to him since his rookie year but I don’t remember anything to get excited about. Someone change my mind.

waaaaay better than Mecole. Hollywood is an actual receiver who can do receiver things, while still being fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mecole Hardman can not run routes. It isn't even his feet, it's like his brain blocks him from understanding where he needs to be.

Rice somehow was just born with that ability.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I am so excited for next season. I wish it was September already.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Also, I have been thinking about the draft.

With Hollywood Brown in the fold, it is no longer a dire need to take WR at 32. I am okay with anyone besides IOL or a RB or QB

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've been watching some Hollywood, and it seems to me he's very good at finding gaps in zone coverage. It's all coming together.
I have this idea Sneed will get traded closer to the draft, and we move up to get a OT.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trading Sneed and moving up for OT is like my best case draft scenario.

I hope it's JT Latham but would also accept Amarius Mims.

Joe Alt is obviously the best case scenario since his dad is already in the ring of honor at Arrowhead but I'm not allowing myself to even think that way, he's top 10

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Chiefs getting Brown for $7M / 1 year, while the Browns pay $41M guaranteed over 3 years for Jerry Jeudy is wild.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well one tries but sucks other doesn’t

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I’m not sure how high this year first+ Titan’s 7th + Titan’s 2025 third are going to get you in this draft but going after a OT in first seems like the smart move. Then comeback around for WR + CB on day 2.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

https://x.com/sonofbum/status/1772377723211538769

Haha god I love Wade Philips.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1773133791483081037

a new weapon for patrick mahomes

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Has any rugby player ever switched to playing football and was actually worth a poo poo? I feel that it can't possibly be some wildly new idea that only Andy "my son cripples little girls" Reid could've possibly conceived of. Kickers don't count.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

jordan mailata is the only one i can think of

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

he's gonna catch a touchdown wide open in the flat

I mean, if Toney and Skyy can do it, anyone can

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
The new kick off rules might be spot for rugby guys.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Doctor Teeth posted:

jordan mailata is the only one i can think of

love me some mailata, but he played league, not actual rugby. (apologies for the pedantry.)

only nfl rugby player i can think of is christian wade, who was on the bills for a while.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

dingo with a joint posted:

love me some mailata, but he played league, not actual rugby. (apologies for the pedantry.)

only nfl rugby player i can think of is christian wade, who was on the bills for a while.

What's the difference

All I know is this Welsh dude has ridiculous speed and that Wales Rugby is currently a dumpster fire

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Forrest on Fire posted:

What's the difference

All I know is this Welsh dude has ridiculous speed and that Wales Rugby is currently a dumpster fire

Rugby league is 13 a side, rugby is 15. League has no rucks / mauls, you play the ball / kick on the 5th tackle instead. League players are generally better.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
League has a limited tackle count. (Usually 6 tackles before the ball is turned over). This, and a lower number of players on the pitch means there is a stronger emphasis on passing/off-loads. League is actually a great sport to watch, compared to kick and chase muck that is Union.

JRZ is a Union winger, which the probably the position which is most similar with their League counterparts. They are the fastest players on the pitch and are most involved in scoring tries (as scoring on the wing usually limits the number of tacklers compared to the middle of the field - as passes need to be backwards/sideways, most passing is designed to move the ball quickly across to change the angle of attacker and limit the number of defenders involved)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://x.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1774517510143926499?s=20

rashee rice pulled a jon jones

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah look at all those bags and guns in the pic of 4 of them walking away

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
They’re all just out of frame, laughing too

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Having been hit by someone street racing on a busy highway before, I hope they throw the book at him.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 1, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah look at all those bags and guns in the pic of 4 of them walking away

lol

friends episode where Joey sells the manbag

waffle enthusiast posted:

Having been hit by someone street racing on a busy highway before, I hope they throw the book at him.

He wasn't even driving the Corvette it was just in his name. He clearly knows the dude that was driving though, they walk away together.

I guess a statement is coming today.

edit: lol on the "statement"

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1774893197254168678

edit 2: this attorney is a Texas State Senator soooooo

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 1, 2024

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

thoughts and prayers

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

well yahoo, Carson Wentz.

I don't want to think about Rice, hope he was a passenger.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos dudes I managed to snag JJ McCarthy in the goon draft. Relish in this now because it's not happening in real life.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos dudes I managed to snag JJ McCarthy in the goon draft. Relish in this now because it's not happening in real life.
Boo, JJM is not going to unlock Marvin Mims.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Boo, JJM is not going to unlock Marvin Mims.

he will throw the 10 most beautiful passes per game you've ever seen

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I really hope it does

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Very disappointed in you, 3DH

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Y'all are crazy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

crazy I say!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

JJ to MIN book it

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
If the Broncos trade up to 4 to take JJMC as QB4, Jim Harbaugh is going to laugh and laugh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/alexinsdorf99/status/1775248683719684415?t=vBaYTRGDTlLE_tVEX2Rr8w&s=19

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

sure whatever

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1775253036387926068

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I'm 100% fine with Andy Reid having more tools in his offensive tool box. He seems to have a decent play every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
clyde had one of the more* reliable sets of hands on the squad last year. i didn't really bat an eyelid when i saw him on this year's cut list, but given how difficult non-rear end hands seem to be for the chiefs to find these days, yeah fine, back you come clyde-io, i'm sure andy can draw you up a sweet unexpected catch for a tud.