Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Lmfao at that guys gigantic inferiority complex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Rich billionaire owners are the reason teams move in the first place, since they like to pit cities against each other to get public money to build new stadiums to hold non-football events to get even richer. The league generally begrudgingly accepts moves, rather than pushes for them. Green Bay is one of the top 5 least likely teams to ever move, for historical and economic reasons.

Yeah Green Bay is more or less one of the pillars of the league, it's not like moving the Rams

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I would prefer a loud public embarrassment to someone like Kliff who tricked them into running the Mike Leach offense for multiple seasons in the NFL

I also don't think he has anyone on defense who could run the scheme he was supposedly hired off of, that just so happened to have some of the most talented defensive players running it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nodoze posted:

I don't think Gannon will get fired unless he is Urban or Hackett levels of inept/embarrassing, which he very well might be.
Both those teams had high expectations, especially the Broncos. I think this is more of a Jim Tomsula hire in that he will be bad because they expect him to be bad then they will fire him because he was bad so they can hire someone good. I expect he'll be fired so the Cards can hire Ben Johnson to be the HC with a new young QB they draft #1 overall.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/chandler-jones-big-problem-josh-mcdaniels-dave-ziegler-las-vegas-raiders/

Chandler Jones doesn't want to work with McDaniels or Ziegler

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Smart guy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gully Foyle posted:

Arthur Smith I think will get a pass if the Falcons don't do anything because this a QB evaluation year for Ridder.
One neat trick to staying employed is to keep changing your starting QB every year.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Forrest on Fire posted:

I would prefer a loud public embarrassment to someone like Kliff who tricked them into running the Mike Leach offense for multiple seasons in the NFL

I also don't think he has anyone on defense who could run the scheme he was supposedly hired off of, that just so happened to have some of the most talented defensive players running it

I mean say what you will but Kliffs record is gonna look a lot better than what comes next.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I mean say what you will but Kliffs record is gonna look a lot better than what comes next.

Absolutely, this is a team fully prepared to suck, unlike a lot of other teams that had better players and expectations. I think that if the bar for coaching were at floor level, Gannon would trip on it while talking about the need to always keep your eyes forward or some hokey bullshit

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Rich billionaire owners are the reason teams move in the first place, since they like to pit cities against each other to get public money to build new stadiums to hold non-football events to get even richer. The league generally begrudgingly accepts moves, rather than pushes for them. Green Bay is one of the top 5 least likely teams to ever move, for historical and economic reasons.

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. ?
5. ?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

D-LINK posted:

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. ?
5. ?

Those were top three I could think of, I just said five because it’s a nice round number. But if I had to fill out the top five I’d probably put the Giants and Bears in there as well. I’m talking leaving their home market entirely, not just moving to the suburbs, which the Bears seem pretty intent on doing.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

D-LINK posted:

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. ?
5. ?
I doubt the Bears, Eagles, Dolphins, Broncos, or 49ers would ever move. A few others too but thats all the thought I'm putting into it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I doubt the Bears, Eagles, Dolphins, Broncos, or 49ers would ever move. A few others too but thats all the thought I'm putting into it.

Those are great answers. They already moved the 9ers to Santa Clara tho. I got tripped up on the Giants for the same reason

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

D-LINK posted:

They already moved the 9ers to Santa Clara tho.
They're still the San Fran 49ers though. Bears might move to a suburb but they're still the Chicago Bears. I guess it depends on your definition of "move". I was thinking along the lines of "Bears leave Chicago (area) for St. Louis" or "49ers leave SF (area) for San Diego" rather than "move down the highway to a more economical somewhere they get government money and/or cheaper land for a new stadium".

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They're still the San Fran 49ers though. Bears might move to a suburb but they're still the Chicago Bears. I guess it depends on your definition of "move". I was thinking along the lines of "Bears leave Chicago (area) for St. Louis" or "49ers leave SF (area) for San Diego" rather than "move down the highway to a more economical somewhere they get government money and/or cheaper land for a new stadium".

The city of Pittsburgh would be smoldering ash if the Steelers ever left the North shore at the confluence. The distance between old 3 Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field is like... a large parking lot?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think we're done with full-scale relocation now that they finally got their LA teams (which was an important bargaining chip for decades). Fleeing to the richer (whiter) suburbs is the new hotness.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Browns are never going anywhere.

I can't ever see the NFL allowing a city to lose a team twice.

The Raiders don't count

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Yeah now that LA/Vegas has teams what cities would even be candidates for a move or expansion?

San Diego and St Louis probably the most likely since they already had teams, but then...what? San Antonio? Salt Lake City? Portland? Nothing particularly jumps out as a viable billionaire leverage town to hold anyone ransom

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The mormon church could add a pro sports team to their investment portfolio

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Yeah now that LA/Vegas has teams what cities would even be candidates for a move or expansion?

San Diego and St Louis probably the most likely since they already had teams, but then...what? San Antonio? Salt Lake City? Portland? Nothing particularly jumps out as a viable billionaire leverage town to hold anyone ransom

Give me my goddamn Chargers back

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Pegulas threatened to move to Austin of all places during stadium negotiations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

The Pegulas threatened to move to Austin of all places during stadium negotiations.

Saints to San Antonio was the big threat before they won a Super Bowl. Texas seems like the most obvious candidate for a relocation.

Or London.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Saints to San Antonio was the big threat before they won a Super Bowl. Texas seems like the most obvious candidate for a relocation.

I always figured Jerry just like.... Wouldn't let this happen

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Or London.

Yeah, Texas or London would also be my suggestions, and I wouldn't dismiss a wild card city like Toronto. Wasn't that a potential rumor for the Bills at one point before they became good again?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, Texas or London would also be my suggestions, and I wouldn't dismiss a wild card city like Toronto. Wasn't that a potential rumor for the Bills at one point before they became good again?

Mexico City and Toronto are by a wide margin the biggest cites in NA without teams, but Mexico presents a lot of challenges Toronto doesn't (elevation, height, relatively much greater cultural and economic difference). Guadalajara, Monterrey, and Montreal are all also bigger than the biggest US metro without a team (unless you count Tijuana in with San Diego, who tbf should never have lost their team). Then it's St. Louis, and a big logjam of Portland/Orlando/Sacramento/San Antonio, all of which are both much smaller and fairly well established fanbases for existing teams.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

a neat cape posted:

Give me my goddamn Chargers back

The Chargers have a 20 year lease to stay in LA which means as soon as Dean Spanos no longer owns the team the new owner will break the lease as soon as they can get a new stadium built.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

The Chargers have a 20 year lease to stay in LA which means as soon as Dean Spanos no longer owns the team the new owner will break the lease as soon as they can get a new stadium built.

It seems hosed up that this is already year 7 in LA

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Those were top three I could think of, I just said five because it’s a nice round number. But if I had to fill out the top five I’d probably put the Giants and Bears in there as well. I’m talking leaving their home market entirely, not just moving to the suburbs, which the Bears seem pretty intent on doing.

I'd include the Lions quite high up on this list. They're the 5th oldest franchise and have been in Detroit since 1934. Also, if they were going to move driven by "this team stinks" reasons then it sure as poo poo would have happened by now.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a neat cape posted:

:stare:

Can't be, you mean year 3 right? Right??

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I still can't think of them as anything but the SD Superchargers

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

a neat cape posted:

What the gently caress?!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

a neat cape posted:

No fuckin way

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

:stare:

Can't be, you mean year 3 right? Right??

It’s year 3 in SoFi Stadium, but don’t forget the years at that little soccer stadium. Their last game in San Diego was New Years Day 2017.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I still accidentally call them San Diego all the time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Everyone does. You say San Diego and literally nobody is confused about who you're referring to. There's 8 year olds out there who'll just bust out .... Super Chargers if you say San Diego.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

It’s year 3 in SoFi Stadium, but don’t forget the years at that little soccer stadium. Their last game in San Diego was New Years Day 2017.

Also pandemic time means 2017 is simultaneously three years ago and thirty

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
San Diego Chargers. Anaheim Angels. Seattle Thunder.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

Also pandemic time means 2017 is simultaneously three years ago and thirty

:hmmyes: 2020 alone counts as like 17 normal years

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Could Andy Reid be on the hot seat after last night's loss? My sources say, no what the gently caress is wrong with you? Get out of my house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

What the gently caress? I'm looking at the list of Chargers seasons now and I feel lightheaded...