Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

From the maker of Gumballs and Dragons comes Super Snail, an idle game with a frankly ASTOUNDING amount of content. Explore the six realms, gather relics, report or aid fugitives, befriend your awful partners, defeat the Hitmen, and kill the Demon Gods. You know, normal snail stuff.

Gameplay

Gameplay is very simple, in theory. You explore the Realms in an idle-game manner, randomly spinning on the Explore Grid, which gives you materials with which to gain and improve Relics, Equipment, and such. However, this is just the basic engine that powers the rest of the game.

Realms
The realms are broad pastiches of countries, each one with a unique gimmick and a tendency towards specific types of rewards.

1. Koryeo - South Korea! Its… South Korea. :effort:
2. Yamato - Become an elemental ninja!
3. Cathay - Get involved with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms by beating all of them up!
4. Murika - A civil war rages between two factions, and you must choose a side*: The North vs The South, Mechanical vs Biological, Marvel vs DC! (*you will need to kill them both)
5. Britland - I’m not here yet, but I’m sure there’s some tea and crumpets bullshit happening.

Several areas are yet to release (Kemet, Hellas and Bharata), and there’s more to discover in the deepest realms of SPACE! Build yourself a rocket to find out more.

The Snail
You’re a snail, congratulations! You’ve been selected to be Traveler #1532663 in the quest to defeat the six Demon Gods for Gaea’s Will. You are definitely on the side of good.

Being a chosen traveler, you now have the ability to shove random organs into your body, to become stronger, and alter your DNA so that you can take on and improve your Forms: Zombie, Demon, Angel, Mutant, Mecha, and eventually the mighty DRAGON. Find the various cells from these forms to research and improve them!

As a Snail, you have two sets of stats, HARD and AFFCT. Your HARD stats (HP, Attack, Rush, Defense) are your combat stats. You smack your opponents around with these. Its generally recommended to push Attack highest, as there’s a 20 round limit in fights. Rush will give you an extra attack every round if you meet the enemy’s AFFCT threshold.

AFFCT (Art, Fame, Faith, Civ, Tech) are your soft stats that you use to make checks. They won’t do anything in combat, but every monster you’ll face has a check you have to make to use your Rush. AFFCT also gates off things such as new equipment slots.

There’s a TON of things in this game, here’s a few interesting ones to get you excited:

Relics!

Minigames!

LEGALLY DISTINCT characters from your favorite IPs!

This cool cat!

SNAIL RESOURCES
I’m not writing a newbie guide, the wiki already has good one: https://supersnail.wiki.gg/wiki/Newbie_Guide
The wiki also has a list of Snail Codes for FREE STUFF: https://supersnail.wiki.gg/wiki/Snail_codes

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Reserved for later

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Quoting from the general thread:

GetDunked posted:

Fair enough, yeah. The trait specific bonuses didn't seem super major to me but maybe I'm not mathing it out right.

I think they end up being worth it just because they're percentage vs the static bonuses from levelling up. Like, I'm at 1.2 mil power, and +1% defense from the mirror upgrade maths out to 149 defense. Likewise if I get the attack bonus it'll be an extra 234 attack. It's still a relatively small bonus, but larger than simply leveling up traits for the 100 stat points per level. Also, you know, Attack and Defense tend to be better than HP and Rush, so having those stat points focused is nice.

Though maybe I should just focus on Lady Liberty instead. Intel/Loot/Maps/Cells are generally harder to come by, and every 5 levels you get a 5% bonus to one of them.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Juat noticed op mini games pic has more than I have. I haven't unlocked a mini game in ages. Is it through progression or is there something I missed, like killing/dying to the wrong mailbox visitor

Btw thanks for the thread go rv! I'm gonna try not to spam it up

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

You get minigames from a lot of places, honestly. The wiki has a list.

A lot of them are from progression, but there's also fun stuff like buying from a visitor, getting great lottery luck, getting terrible lottery luck, and rare rent.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
These weapons are so confusing. I am 100% of the first 2 maps but I have the sword futsuno, do I dismantle it? I have the mats for lots of other items but it seems like they might be pitfalls. How in the world do I figure out which I should use?

Edit:

fyallm fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 8, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

fyallm posted:

These weapons are so confusing. I am 100% of the first 2 maps but I have the sword futsuno, do I dismantle it? I have the mats for lots of other items but it seems like they might be pitfalls. How in the world do I figure out which I should use?

Yes you will want to dismantle old area weapons after you dominate the area.

You will unlock better stuff as you go.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes you will want to dismantle old area weapons after you dominate the area.

sorry I edited my post, these are what I'm using, but I have no idea what to build or use next

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

fyallm posted:

Form weapons are generally not great, don't worry about those. Realm weapons can be safely dismantled when you're done with the realm and have no need for the stat boosts.

The really good early weapons tend to come from sidequest progression. The Sewer Turtle gives you the nunchucks, the Old Wizard gives you the wand, Ratman gives you the Trident.

The nice thing about the game is that dismantling is really easy, you just pay 100 WTads and you get a full refund of the materials. I broke down my Know-It-All i got early on so that I could make the Old Man Wand and it was a HUGE upgrade.

The discord has this tier list for weapons:
S-Tier: Norris Chucks, Big Bounce, Fortress, Paralysis Ring, Traveler Outfit, Old Man Wand, Poseidon’s Trident

A-Tier: Golden Dragzul Fang, Power Spinach, District 9, Hydra’s Gloves, Cretaceous Weapon, Million Volts, and Dracula Cape

B-Tier: Super Warrior, Claw of Destruction, Soul Walking, Azazel’s Wand, Centaur Armor, Mark 4, Lotus Platform XII, Know-it-all Device, Empress’ slippers, Empress Gloves, Ancestral Legacy, and Gilded Belt

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

fyallm posted:

sorry I edited my post, these are what I'm using, but I have no idea what to build or use next

You should have the strength sword. That is great for realm stuff. Outside of that a lot of the best gear is just luck.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The tl;dr of weapons is you want weapons with good substats. Equipment base stats never get very high and are a drop in the bucket, but something like the nun-chucks, which give ignore def? Not only is that a rare stat, but because it's an percentage based stat, it'll stay useful even if its a fairly small number.

So if you're going for pure progression, you basically just wanna use equips from the 3rd and 4th tab. There are some form-specific equips that give stuff like crit chance, so use those too if you've got 'em.

For farming you should also be using the current realm's equip, as well as your current form's farming equip.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Arzaac posted:

The tl;dr of weapons is you want weapons with good substats. Equipment base stats never get very high and are a drop in the bucket, but something like the nun-chucks, which give ignore def? Not only is that a rare stat, but because it's an percentage based stat, it'll stay useful even if its a fairly small number.

So if you're going for pure progression, you basically just wanna use equips from the 3rd and 4th tab. There are some form-specific equips that give stuff like crit chance, so use those too if you've got 'em.

For farming you should also be using the current realm's equip, as well as your current form's farming equip.

Great news! I will disenchant the futsuno sword, and I just crafted the strength sword to use and I still need to craft the dang demon scythe orange tier

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat I've been using realm weapons this whole time.

My game seems to be hosed atm, I tried downloading an update this morning and it stalled so I restarted the app, and now at home on better wifi it's downloaded 87.85M/35.86M and the progress bar literally extends beyond the end of the screen and it seems to be stuck here. This is more or less exactly what happened to me before I cleared app data and then also fully uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Servers aren't down or anything, right?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

explosivo posted:

drat I've been using realm weapons this whole time.

My game seems to be hosed atm, I tried downloading an update this morning and it stalled so I restarted the app, and now at home on better wifi it's downloaded 87.85M/35.86M and the progress bar literally extends beyond the end of the screen and it seems to be stuck here. This is more or less exactly what happened to me before I cleared app data and then also fully uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Servers aren't down or anything, right?

I'm in the game and its working fine for me

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Arzaac posted:

I really don't think it's worth it unsealing all the realm traits versus just constantly upgrading mirror. Unsealing gives you a total of 100 stat points (assuming 10 HP = 1 stat, as the game often does) for 300 magic potions, but then upgrading that further only takes an additional 100 magic potions for 100 more stats. Plus, every 5 tiers you get a boost to the realm trait itself.

Since the magic potion cost for upgrading does slowly scale, yeah you'll eventually want to unseal another realm trait for the stat boost, but I think I'd at least get to like T10 mirror first.

from the general thread but worth addressing

my mirror now costs 290 to enhance but gives

T11 -> T12
Snail HP +2400 -> 2800
Snail ATK +240 -> 280
Snail DEF +480 >> 560
Snail RUSH +240 >> 280

FYI to respec an enhance costs 2000 wtads which isnt cheap but doable once they start rolling in daily (i make about 350 from killing the hitman a day now)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fyallm posted:

I'm in the game and its working fine for me

Thanks! I did another fresh reinstall from home and I'm in now. Plus I was able to log in with my google account up front so I don't have to replay the first part of the game :toot:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Here's a quick Relic Forge guide from the discord. Don't waste your RF on random poo poo!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm only now realizing that HARD and AFFCT are acronyms lol

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Go RV! posted:

Here's a quick Relic Forge guide from the discord. Don't waste your RF on random poo poo!

RF = ?

And yeah I've been upgrading randomly

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Go RV! posted:

Yeah idk about some of this. A bunch of those events can only be accessed way late down the line. The best relics to try and grab seem to be the ones that either give w-tads or snail stats

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RF is the currency for the relic forge, you mostly get it through weekly event rankings. You can access the relic forge by going to weekly events and clicking the relic forge button on the bottom left.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

fyallm posted:

RF = ?

And yeah I've been upgrading randomly

Relic Forge.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
OHHHHHHHH I thought this was clicking the David looking icon on the bottom and upgrading there.

I went to the relic forge and see I only have 35 RF resources... As this is only like week 1.5 of me playing, but this helps, thanks!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Also i just figured out that the turtle and incense thing was the actual turtle in the sewer room just chillen... I had no idea, lol I zappped him with some incense since I had about 17

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah idk about some of this. A bunch of those events can only be accessed way late down the line. The best relics to try and grab seem to be the ones that either give w-tads or snail stats

I mean, it's not a tier list, it's literally just telling you what relics from the relic forge have unique uses

You probably should spend some rf on the unispark though, your options are getting lucky, spending rf, or waiting weeks until you're strong enough for the fissure boss

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

fyallm posted:

OHHHHHHHH I thought this was clicking the David looking icon on the bottom and upgrading there.

I went to the relic forge and see I only have 35 RF resources... As this is only like week 1.5 of me playing, but this helps, thanks!

Save until you have 120 relic pieces. The sss relics are the big boosts.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

fyallm posted:

Also i just figured out that the turtle and incense thing was the actual turtle in the sewer room just chillen... I had no idea, lol I zappped him with some incense since I had about 17

Yeah take a look at the incense wiki. There is a bunch of stuff you want to do with those before you start zapping things from the sky.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I started some dragon orbs cooking this morning in preparation for the next offering event and promptly fat fingered the time skip option, burning 8 days. I am very smart.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah take a look at the incense wiki. There is a bunch of stuff you want to do with those before you start zapping things from the sky.

Yeah, I think the wiki says to zap the turtle as the first thing to do with the incense. so I will wait to do that a few times

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

fyallm posted:

Yeah, I think the wiki says to zap the turtle as the first thing to do with the incense. so I will wait to do that a few times

Turtle, ghost girl, 11 rats, and bat

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I like the game, but its just-do-whatever-without-documentation freewheeling nature is both good and bad. Like, I blew up two helicopters with my incense, but my turtle just sits in the room like a bump on a log and always has. I'm making slow progress in the first rocket-combat area, but the wolf generals along the way keep handing me my rear end. I'm making progress in snail development, tier IV in everything but Zombie, but hitting a hard wall in terms of cell availability, and "Zombie needs five forms unlocked" and "the fifth form requires ungodly TECH" is a bad joke.

Speaking of non-wolf generals in Cathay, I am assuming that they're a running gag, as whether they're leveled or not, they die as soon as they go on exploration. Been paying respects for days and have close to 20 corpses now. I'm at 90%+ in the first two areas and not sure what I'm missing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
It is a slow idle game. You just check in like 3 times a day for 15 minutes. Sometimes longer when you unlock stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

It is a slow idle game. You just check in like 3 times a day for 15 minutes. Sometimes longer when you unlock stuff.

Yeah I think this is why I'm digging this so much right now; for a while it's insanely overwhelming because it keeps throwing tutorials at you and you have tons of skips so you can do most things right away and never stop clicking on red !'s for hours. But two or three worlds in it really has revealed itself as a slow idler almost like an NGU because there's dozens of obscure interwoven mechanics that all improve *something* and as long as you're checking in a couple times a day to restart your run or start new gene research or anything you're probably making gradual progress whether you know it or not.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Arzaac posted:

I mean, it's not a tier list, it's literally just telling you what relics from the relic forge have unique uses

You probably should spend some rf on the unispark though, your options are getting lucky, spending rf, or waiting weeks until you're strong enough for the fissure boss
Also the unispark has really good compass effects for exploration, so it'll be a solid buff even if you take awhile to need it for Mecha V.

This game is cool, ty for makin the thread

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
The Cathay generals do kind of just die really fast, especially early on. I maxed the ones with a utility skill first (+Intel, -Prestige Cost) before any of the stat related ones. Zhuge Liang and Yu Ji (I think you have to unlock these with Intel) give partners when maxed; Kong Rong gives a green relic; probably more I'm forgetting?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

delfin posted:

Speaking of non-wolf generals in Cathay, I am assuming that they're a running gag, as whether they're leveled or not, they die as soon as they go on exploration. Been paying respects for days and have close to 20 corpses now. I'm at 90%+ in the first two areas and not sure what I'm missing.

I mean, the generals sucking is almost kind of a perk because the more dead generals you have the more prestige you get for mourning them.

But yeah don't worry too much about them, they can last for a bit if you get them to T9 but it really doesn't matter if they die. It does help fight apostles if you have them alive for that, though.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

fyallm posted:

I had about 17

What how?

Question: there a good wtad spending guide? Like I noticed when I'm doing lottery pulls I can pay 3000 wtads for a 10 pull or I can go spend less than that somewhere else possibly.

So basically, what should we be buying daily or every few days with wtads

Resdfru fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 9, 2023

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Resdfru posted:

What how?

Question: there a good wtad spending guide? Like I noticed when I'm doing lottery pulls I can pay 3000 wtads for a 10 pull or I can go spend less than that somewhere else possibly.

So basically, what should we be buying daily or every few days with wtads
3000 wtads for 10 lotto tickets is insanely bad. if you absolutely have to buy lotto tickets you can get 8 for 1500 w-tads from the vending machine, but even that is pretty rough.

there are a ton of one-time purchases that get hidden away in various tabs and they're always good, but require saving up big piles. Like the person who had a ton of incenses may have purchased one of those 6000 w-tad one-time bonus things that gives 10 incenses (and also gives some of the w-tads back). I forget where that purchase is because they get hidden away in weird tabs. There's also similar purchases for the events, I guess I'd prioritize those because they're time-limited

One thing some players apparently do is buy wish coins at pretty much every opportunity, including the daily w-tad one, until they reliably have enough wish coins to get the Eye of Horus from the weekly wishing event. I guess this usually requires skipping the event entirely once (aka not using any wish coins).

Also you can buy fissure coins for w-tads (there's a tab on the fissure merchant page), and the first purchase, 480 w-tads for 300 coins, is way more efficient than the others. Fissure coins are super good so at the very least that purchase is gonna be great generally.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Resdfru posted:

What how?

No idea tbh, i think i got some drops and bought them when i saw them in the shops, no idea i was suppose to but i heard they were rare so i bought some. *shrugs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
You get a ton at the beginning plus if you get some good pulls.

Like I pulled 5 eye of horus during lottery week.