Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hello, and welcome to the fantasy hockey thread for the 2023-2024 NHL season, where every player has already had COVID at least 6 times.

Websites to Play On:
Yahoo! Sports: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
ESPN: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/hockey
CBC: http://hockeypool.cbc.ca/cbc/hnicp12/notice
CBS: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyhockey

I think almost everyone uses Yahoo for their leagues but I list them all anyway because well I don't know why I do

Goon Leagues
I only added the leagues I am active in - please let me know if you want yours added to the OP.

Long Stick League: (14th Season) - Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (?)
Site: Yahoo!
Live draft on ?
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: Gobias Ind.
Teams: 20
Scoring: H2H
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, W, W, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR+,IR+,IR+,IR+
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Hockiest Hockey League: (13th Season) Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (?)
Live draft on ?
Draft Type: Live (AUCTION/KEEPER LEAGUE)
Reigning Champion: corn on the cop
Teams: 16
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR+,IR+,IR+
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

The Denis Lemieux Memorial League (1st Season) Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (13)
Live draft on ?
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: Jamwad Hilder
Teams: 16
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, G, IR+,IR+,IR+
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

LOLHL: (14th Season?)- Commissioner (waxluthor) - Open Spots (?) -- this appears to be dead, RIP to a real one

Federal League
RIP DENIS LEMIEUX

Other Useful Sites To Look At
http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nhl/hockey
http://bleacherreport.com/fantasy-hockey
http://www.dobberhockey.com/

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Invites for my league have been sent and tentative draft times set, please let me know if a certain day/time is terrible for you.

I'll post HHL ineligible keepers hopefully soonish.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I would like to take part in the Dennis Lemieux memorial league if there is space

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

JawKnee posted:

I would like to take part in the Dennis Lemieux memorial league if there is space

There probably will be, I'll let you know!

e: most of my leagues will probably have spots, so please feel free to reserve a spot in the thread, woo

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Would it be possible to do the LSL draft earlier in the day? I'll be visiting home for Canadian Thanksgiving and a 4PM start time would cut right through dinner.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Yaya posted:

Would it be possible to do the LSL draft earlier in the day? I'll be visiting home for Canadian Thanksgiving and a 4PM start time would cut right through dinner.

It might be hard for Pacific US folks, we could also do a Sunday time potentially?

Actually I should probably check my beer league schedule too lol, times are very tentative

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

T-Bone posted:

It might be hard for Pacific US folks, we could also do a Sunday time potentially?

Actually I should probably check my beer league schedule too lol, times are very tentative

LSL is currently Sunday at 4PM PST.

HHL is 4:30 on Monday, which should be fine as I'd be using that day to travel and would be back home by then.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

I’d love to get into the HHL is possible, switching from the LSL.

Either way I can usually Draft any time on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

T-Bone posted:

I'll post HHL ineligible keepers hopefully soonish.

Really hoping I still have the ability to keep Kaprizov and Kucherov or else...uhhhhh.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I’d be keen to change from Dennis Lemieux to LSL if possible (I prefer having more categories)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Times work for me for HHL, LSL and DLML. I'm also open to just about any nights that first week of October if we need to reschedule.

For HHL I haven't decided on all my keepers yet, but I think I'm going to go full gimmick and keep Pastrnak, Marchand, and McAvoy. I'm genuinely not trying to be a Boston homer here, but I got them for way under value last year. I think I spent less than $150 on the three of them combined, McAvoy for sure was only like $15. I think even if (when) the Bruins take a big step back this year, those players are pretty reliable to continue being productive too.

The tricky part is figuring out how my 4th is going to be. I got Akira Schmid for nothing on waivers, and if he starts for the Devils that's probably a slam dunk decision.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I may actually need to move stuff around looking more at my schedule.

Are any of the following dates terrible for people?

October 3rd (Tuesday)

October 5th (Thursday)

October 6th (Friday)

October 7th (Saturday)

October 8th (Sunday)

I'd like to draft all three leagues on some combination of those dates if possible.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

I may actually need to move stuff around looking more at my schedule.

Are any of the following dates terrible for people?

October 3rd (Tuesday)

October 5th (Thursday)

October 6th (Friday)

October 7th (Saturday)

October 8th (Sunday)

I'd like to draft all three leagues on some combination of those dates if possible.

I'd love to do LSL on the 3rd, 5th, or 6th and avoid it being on Thanksgiving weekend, if possible.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Same

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Preference would be to avoid the 5th or 8th but I can make them all work

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I probably can't make LSL Tuesday or Thursday but could do Fri/Sat/Sun

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Looks like LSL on the 5th could be a pretty good bet?

What about HHL/DLML folks, would Tuesday or the Weekend dates be bad?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Gonna be the dude who fucks everything up, but I work nights and on weekends so I am free on uh......

Monday nights and weekend afternoons

I can try to move an off day to a different night to accommodate with enough notice, but I definitely can't do Tuesday or Saturday nights

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

If I get swapped to the HHL, I can definitely make the 6th or 8th work. Rest of those days probably not.

If it ends up the 3rd or 5th I can maaaybe swap some stuff around to make it work.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Back in all three leagues.

I’d prefer the Hockiest draft to start earlier in the evening (or be on Thursday/Friday instead) because I have to be up at 4:30am Tuesday for work.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I’d struggle to make the Saturday, others ok

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm back for LSL & DLML and up for other leagues if a spot needs filling.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I joined but will very likely not be able to do a draft live

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Are we picking keepers through Yahoo? ie all of the players there are eligible?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
No, I'll post the ineligible list when I get a chance

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I don't really have a whole lot of time to do recruiting this year. So if you want to play in multiples leagues or have a friend that wants to play, please let me know.

League spots stand as follows:

HHL: 14/16

LSL: 12/20

DLML: 8/14

e: going on vacation tonight so will try to set up new draft times and post ineligible keepers before I go

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
So, the rest of the year is looking busy for me, so honestly, if you need me for a warm body for the denis lemieux one (I think that’s the one time draft I joined last year) I’ll do it, but honestly it’ll be minimal participation so I would say only throw me in if you don’t have enough people, otherwise I’ll take a rain check this year.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Duckman2008 posted:

So, the rest of the year is looking busy for me, so honestly, if you need me for a warm body for the denis lemieux one (I think that’s the one time draft I joined last year) I’ll do it, but honestly it’ll be minimal participation so I would say only throw me in if you don’t have enough people, otherwise I’ll take a rain check this year.

If you were in last year you should have received an invite. Did you get it?

DLML is exactly that, there's no roster setting. It's just the draft and occasionally checking your injuries/waivers.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I’m in for HHL, just re-upped for the other two

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 21, 2023

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Looks like we've got 3 people interested in the HHL, and 2 spots, is anyone interested in the LSL or DLML as well (or not in those I guess?)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Just one spot left in the HHL for a new drafter. I'll post ineligible keepers tonight.

I know multiple people expressed interest in that spot. Just keep in mind it's a very active/competitive league. If you're still interested please let me know.

I've got 4 spots in the LSL which is also very competitive, and 3 in the DLML which is a chill league. Does anyone else want in?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I'm interested in the DLML if you haven't already penciled me in

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Will do invites tonight if you can pm me on SA or discord me

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

T-Bone posted:

Just one spot left in the HHL for a new drafter. I'll post ineligible keepers tonight.

I know multiple people expressed interest in that spot. Just keep in mind it's a very active/competitive league. If you're still interested please let me know.

I've got 4 spots in the LSL which is also very competitive, and 3 in the DLML which is a chill league. Does anyone else want in?

I’m very eager for the HHL but if it’s impossible, I’ll rejoin the LSL.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
In HHL, is there anyway to reduce the length of the draft? Like, I think it takes 30 seconds from the time someone makes a pick to the time it goes through. Then goes back to 10 seconds as soon as someone else makes a bid.

Maybe I am the only one who wants a shorter draft, though.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

JawKnee posted:

I'm interested in the DLML if you haven't already penciled me in

It looks like the HHL is full, but I'll let you know soon. Please do renew for the LSL.

Twin Cinema posted:

In HHL, is there anyway to reduce the length of the draft? Like, I think it takes 30 seconds from the time someone makes a pick to the time it goes through. Then goes back to 10 seconds as soon as someone else makes a bid.

Maybe I am the only one who wants a shorter draft, though.

I'll see what I can do.

Sorry for the delay on ineligible keepers. Camping with spotty internet access.

kalensc posted:

I'm back for LSL & DLML and up for other leagues if a spot needs filling.

Your invites are still pending.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
initial keeper picks for genki origami:

Larsson
Hyman
Boldy
Stephenson

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Moved some draft times around based on feedback and my own schedule. Let me know if anything looks terrible.

4 spots left in the LSL, 1 in the DLML

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I turn 40 on 10/6 so chances are I won't be in a good state of mind to do a draft. I'll put my rankings together and cross my fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

morningdrew posted:

I turn 40 on 10/6 so chances are I won't be in a good state of mind to do a draft. I'll put my rankings together and cross my fingers.

Actually I need to move this one to Saturday.