Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1703980214554968415?s=20

You can search the internet if you really want to see the injury, but for those that don't Nick Chubb took a tackle to the knee that bent it in the wrong direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Eat poo poo AFC

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1703980560605982940?t=LJSOD0bsXPQMCbuVU91sgA&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew, glad to not mess around with bothering to watch TNF this week.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

The Steelers are in primetime again next week?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jonathan Taylor to the Browns? Or do they bring back Hunt or sign a guy like Fournette? Does it even matter?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

wandler20 posted:

Jonathan Taylor to the Browns? Or do they bring back Hunt or sign a guy like Fournette? Does it even matter?

It doesn't matter because they are the Browns, but sign Hunt. I doubt we have capital to get Jonathan Taylor.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

wandler20 posted:

Not with Watson behind center

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
:( Chubb. I hope you can come back good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sono posted:

That's a weird one but looking at the schedule not knowing anything that has gone on before the season--and discounting the Monday games which were protected I assume--what do you really want to see on SNF?

Chargers Vikings I guess? Oh before the season started Pats Jets seems like the obvious choice. Seems like a kind of Steelers=viewers choice that they made.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Did Kate Mara rip out of the heart of the NFL scheduler or something? NYG v dallas in primetime week 1 and NYG v niners in primetime this week?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bryce is fine. The panic is dumb.

The receivers and playcalling... not so much.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I don’t need to see any more NYG this year

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's everyone who makes the nfl schedules. most of them have been doing it for many years now

you have to blame these people. you have to blame Vice President of Broadcasting Michael North, Senior Vice President of Broadcasting Howard Katz, Senior Director of Broadcasting Blake Jones, Director of Broadcasting Charlotte Carey, Vice President of Broadcasting Onnie Bose, and Broadcasting Senior Coordinator Lucy Popko.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope that isn't Chubb's career. That looked really bad.

BlindSite posted:

Get used to Reich's terrible and uninspired playcalling. Apparently getting fired and time off hasn't made him change at all.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

doesn't Cleveland's cap situation get real dicey next year too

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

that chubb injury is brutal. I hope he can come back from it eventually but ughhhhh so nasty

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how long the Browns basically have to start Watson out of sunk cost fallacy nonsense.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sono posted:

And it’s the raiders on the other side too, that is gonna be a rough watch

rip Chubb, that really sucks (for him. Browns deserve whatever they get for signing Watson)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Thinking about the Los Angeles Chargers

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Cavauro posted:

here's everyone who makes the nfl schedules. most of them have been doing it for many years now

you have to blame these people. you have to blame Vice President of Broadcasting Michael North, Senior Vice President of Broadcasting Howard Katz, Senior Director of Broadcasting Blake Jones, Director of Broadcasting Charlotte Carey, Vice President of Broadcasting Onnie Bose, and Broadcasting Senior Coordinator Lucy Popko.

Thanks, Obama!!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wilderthanmild posted:

I wonder how long the Browns basically have to start Watson out of sunk cost fallacy nonsense.

I mean unless you have some practice squad gold hanging out it sure seems like you're stuck until after 2025.

Well or are bad enough that you end up in a position to draft a guy and just sit Watson down and pay him.

e: well poo poo they don't have a first round pick until then either? Yeah...rough old world.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

wandler20 posted:

It doesn't matter and the Browns can't pay him. The roster is built to win this year meaning they're in the negative next year as it stands. Even if they worked something out Watson is sub-replacement level and why waste what's left of his career on a team that's handcuffed to that?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

Uh like his entire contract

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
gently caress Watson and anyone that supports him... but Chubb is awesome and so much fun to watch. I really hope this isn't the end.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

LiquidFriend posted:

Uh like his entire contract

Well of course they have to pay him, but like, I wonder if they might literally be better off with late round flyer picks and random JAGs.

If they seriously have him actually start this entire contract it will be really odd.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah Watson’s cap hits are unbelievable beginning next year, like over 60 million a season lol. As the browns posters were saying this is the year it was all supposed to come together and welp. They’re stuck with this shitter for years

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I mean unless you have some practice squad gold hanging out it sure seems like you're stuck until after 2025.

Well or are bad enough that you end up in a position to draft a guy and just sit Watson down and pay him.

e: well poo poo they don't have a first round pick until then either? Yeah...rough old world.

You also have to keep in mind his contract is fully guaranteed

e: this has already been covered, this is waht I get for not refreshing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

biceps crimes posted:

I don’t need to see any more NYG this year

What about the Zach Wilson Jets? Lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Jets/Patriots has the potential for utter hilarity, especially if Wilson somehow beats Billy Five Aces.

Never forget the only reason the Jets lost the 2nd game to the Pats last year was that insane Marcus Jones punt return near the end of the 4th quarter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BbgKbOT0Ec

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Did Kate Mara rip out of the heart of the NFL scheduler or something? NYG v dallas in primetime week 1 and NYG v niners in primetime this week?

Two playoff teams, rematch from last year, two big media markets. Slam dunk choice a few weeks ago.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

That's a weird one but looking at the schedule not knowing anything that has gone on before the season--and discounting the Monday games which were protected I assume--what do you really want to see on SNF?

Cowboys-Cardinals.

There hasn't been a forfeit in the NFL in a century.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1703968145801683041

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, after sitting on it I think that's a bigger issue than Bryce at the moment.

Please give the Jags all the Panthers' future MNF games, we've been awful in almost all of them lately and I hate watching them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

remembering that time MNF had JJ Watt in that bull ring and then the Texans got blown out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
LETS GO COWBOYS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE ALL I HAVE UNTIL HOCKEY SEASON

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

God drat the bears must get crazy views or something

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Despera posted:

Well, Sunday night is the top card, so Monday night is the undercard. The Bears flirted with relevance quite a bit but Bears’d it every time.

…Thursday night was where they would stick lovely teams so they could say they got a “prime time” game. Titans-Jags happened at least twice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sundey is prime time. mondey is grime time. and thursdey... that's crime time

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
This week’s slate looks to be fairly evenly split between (1) potentially interesting games with two struggling teams, (2) probably bad games with two bad teams, and (3) snuff films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Despera posted:

3rd biggest media market in the country behind New York and LA