Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Don’t sign Patriots FAs.

trevorreznik posted:

The jets should trade for Justin Fields. A bunch of read options and deep bombs and you're in the playoffs. Plus Aaron Rodgers wont feel threatened

We’re trying to upgrade at QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Diva Cupcake posted:

Don’t sign Patriots FAs.

We’re trying to upgrade at QB.

Rude!!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is there a manningcast tonight

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bears playing chess not checkers

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pmchem posted:

No. They didnt do one last week and there is a doubleheader again this week so I think we're out of luck.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pmchem posted:

no

it’s another 2-game night

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Find the person that approved it for daytime football you mean. Obviously we're going to advertise our scary movie

Well yeah I don’t give a poo poo that they advertise a scary movie. But maybe not during the 3pm chiefs game that I watch with my kids.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

If Zach Wilson is starting against the Broncos in two weeks I will start fearing for Joe Douglas's safety.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mega64 posted:

If Zach Wilson is starting against the Broncos in two weeks I will start fearing for Joe Douglas's safety.

he might get hurt....

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lmao

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

On one hand lol on the other good job refs not dragging that poo poo game out

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

No that dream is long dead by now. Although if it weren't the Jets would be the place for it to happen roster-wise I suppose.

The Jets do not seem to be the team that would consider this though even if he were only off for a half year instead of forever.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Watson has two years of not playing football and he's god awful

Kaep has been out for 7 now. He'd be a disaster

Football player failed the Brains at Risk program lol

Yeah... I was surprised to see his name. Weird to think he may have ended up with a pretty decent outcome, all things considered. Sure, he may have also missed a huge payday, but also missed more head trauma and possibly turning out like Russel Wilson.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

For as bad as you might think Carson Wentz is, Zach might be the 2nd worst QB over the last 10 years. Only Josh Rosen is worse by EPA and CPOE.

There's Mac Jones standing confidently in the middle of the chart where he belongs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake posted:

For as bad as you might think Carson Wentz is, Zach might be the 2nd worst QB over the last 10 years. Only Josh Rosen is worse by EPA and CPOE.

I can’t find Eli on this chart, so I’m assuming they just didn’t bother to measure “Eliteness”

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
No Tebow.

Bad chart.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

How is Romos full career?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Gotta love that the Jets are even more delusional and willing to flush good money after bad than the cards lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MaximilianK posted:

No Tebow.

Bad chart.

Tim Tebow hasn't played and NFL snap in 11 years?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Only because Urban Meyer was a coward.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

The obvious story here is that the refs have decided (or been told) to generally give tackles a lot of extra leeway about alignment, and they’re just flagging this one dude because he took advantage of that a little too much and made them look bad. There are two officials whose primary pre-snap responsibility is checking offensive alignment on either side of the line, and the rule is designed to be super-simple to enforce; there’s no way this isn’t a policy choice.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Monday double headers are dogshit if they aren't staggered at like 7 and 10.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

rjmccall posted:

The obvious story here is that the refs have decided (or been told) to generally give tackles a lot of extra leeway about alignment, and they’re just flagging this one dude because he took advantage of that a little too much and made them look bad. There are two officials whose primary pre-snap responsibility is checking offensive alignment on either side of the line, and the rule is designed to be super-simple to enforce; there’s no way this isn’t a policy choice.

They wiped out a gorgeous Mahomes TD and then Mahomes got hurt on the next play. gently caress them for eternity

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Harlock posted:

The Monday double headers are dogshit if they aren't staggered at like 7 and 10.

Starting MNF that late was banned by the Geneva convention after it broke Big Bob Pataki’s brain.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If they’re having issues at receiver Miami will happily trade them a guy capable of 60+ yard touchdown catches. He’s the chosen one at receiver. A mere 3rd

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

rjmccall posted:

It was kind of funny they stole a TD from mahomes when the RT wasn't even lined up wrong

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Let's see, we're going into week 4 after tonight, I find it hard to believe any team would trade a decent backup QB to the Jets for anything less than an inflated market price, which the Jets probably can't afford anyway. If you were a GM why would you give up Brissett or Bridgewater for less than a 3rd? You've got the Jets over a barrel.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If the Jets paid a 3rd round pick for Teddy Bridgewater I’d want Joe Douglas fired. I might want him fired regardless but that would definitely cement it.

I’m not that desperate to win 7 games instead of 5 and I’d rather just do something else with my life and check the scoreboard later.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah I agree. I guess I should have said, what I really mean is I don't see how they can realistically trade for a QB unless it's a real stinker.

Who would you be willing to give up for a 5th?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

If the Jets paid a 3rd round pick for Teddy Bridgewater I’d want Joe Douglas fired. I might want him fired regardless but that would definitely cement it.

I’m not that desperate to win 7 games instead of 5 and I’d rather just do something else with my life and check the scoreboard later.

There are QB's on the street who are just as good as 2023 Teddy Bridgewater. They should've been having tryouts every day for 2 loving weeks already and putting guys on the practice squad. They haven't done literally anything.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PJ Walker would be an immediate upgrade on Zach Wilson and a hometown hero

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Who would you be willing to give up for a 5th?
Id give up a 5th to get Darnold back for sure.

Niners would never do it and any good team isn’t trading one.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'd give up a 5th for Cooper Rush. I'd give up a 5th for Stidham.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s actually a pretty good idea. Cooper would do well. Zach gives you Sklyar Thompson level play. Cooper gives you more of a Carr-like experience

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/aschatznfl/status/1706454387692810398?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1706411555888275621

Better look at the Mac sack attack

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Don’t forget he twisted Brian Burns’ ankle a year or two ago as well

McCorkle’s a giant piece of poo poo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Twisted Myles Garrett's ankle once. Dude is daring defenses to come after him

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Also all the times he slid on his back and kicked up at defenders.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Great week to root for Micah Parsons, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Hey guys my lovely weighted model I made years ago to vindicate the Patriots offense says the best offensive performance of all time wasn't that good

mcmagic posted:

I'd give up a 5th for Cooper Rush. I'd give up a 5th for Stidham.

If they wanted either of those guys they would have kept Mike White. They'd be much better off with a veteran and it's probably going to be Andy Dalton.