Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Okay, have the Jags had any TNF games recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shinji2015 posted:

Okay, have the Jags had any TNF games recently?

One each of the last 5 years against the Titans, Titans, Dolphins, Bengals and Jets. And this year, they have the Saints.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Jags/Titans used to be an annual TNF event. Must-watch TV for sickos.

Having them play for the division on a Saturday last season was almost, but not quite the same.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I didn’t expect Deshaun Watson to get the Vic Mackey ending where he mostly escaped consequences for his egregious crimes, but has to serve three years doing the worst possible version of his job surrounded by people who obviously hate him and intend to make him as miserable as they can.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Bengals troubles are perhaps real and just bizarre to me.

I know they have problems that weren't addressed, just not having anything close to a competent offense with Burrow seems insane.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I know they have problems that weren't addressed, just not having anything close to a competent offense with Burrow seems insane.

I think their o line would be more competent if Joe could move at all

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Burrow came back too early (whoever’s fault that is, it made things worse) from an injury he then just reaggravated

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1704206201972469962?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

It happens about 10% of the time historically if you expand to the last 30 years including at least 3 superbowl winners I can think of, No-Emmitt Cowboys, Brady's first year, '07 Giants.

i imagine with the 17 game schedule it'll end up settling at like 15% or so as the sample size increases. so not impossible, but like last years bengals you need to be an actual good team just working through some kinks.

and we'll keep writing them off for the superbowl bc they've been horrific in the playoffs for 20 years now. every year the cowboys are lauded as world beaters after they crush a few low end teams and perform well early and every year it ends the same. if we can stop calling chargers the dark horse superbowl favorites we can stop pretending that the cowboys being good early in the regular season is meaningful

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Who wrote off the cowboys? Seems like everyone thought they’d be an elite defense and had enough talent on offense to at least be decent.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

no there aren't Ben, you fuckin egghead. false premise

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

look at my diagonal line chart that doesn't mean Jack poo poo to anyone with a fuckin eyeball. I’m the nfl nate silver

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

A lot of these make sense except the Bears. I get they were relevant in the Ditka days, but aside from that?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i imagine with the 17 game schedule it'll end up settling at like 15% or so as the sample size increases. so not impossible, but like last years bengals you need to be an actual good team just working through some kinks.

and we'll keep writing them off for the superbowl bc they've been horrific in the playoffs for 20 years now. every year the cowboys are lauded as world beaters after they crush a few low end teams and perform well early and every year it ends the same. if we can stop calling chargers the dark horse superbowl favorites we can stop pretending that the cowboys being good early in the regular season is meaningful

Ahem

*deep breath*

EVERYBODY DOUBTED US, THE UNDERDOG DALLAS COWBOYS, BUT JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE BLAH BLAH BLAH

Never actually gotten a chance to do that before

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I write off the Cowboys every year, because I don't like them.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

seiferguy posted:

A lot of these make sense except the Bears. I get they were relevant in the Ditka days, but aside from that?

Packers gotta play somebody

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Mega64 posted:

Jags/Titans used to be an annual TNF event. Must-watch TV for sickos.

Having them play for the division on a Saturday last season was almost, but not quite the same.

the sickest? Jags/Titans on Sunday at 4pm

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Nick Chubb used to be a running back like Derrick Henry, but then he took a tackle to the knee.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No idea why Thomas was so close to the Panthers locker room, and details on this are still very scarce, but he apparently said something to Derrick Brown. one beatwriter said he said something lovely about Shaq Thompson. Thomas continued to talk poo poo while trying to get away from Brown before running into the X ray room to get away from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJHLJP-Ses

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh hey, I forgot about Cam Akers. I'm guessing he'll be Cleveland's #1 target today. Cooked Hunt second.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this is going to be the most impressive cowboys team to ever lose in the divisional round

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1704211341047664662

Shows the Saints O-line sucks, so the methodology looks sound.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

Chicago is a really big media market

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

isn't one of the main football stats problem one of sample size? wouldn't that be even worse if you reduce that sample down to just 2 games?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well you're talking about dozens of snaps per game some there is something to work with. but I think even stat heads would tell you take early information with a grain of salt

I think the bigger problem is the crazy amount of variables that can affect each play

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hmm

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1704215087207104913?s=20

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I hate to use this cliche but next sunday has major trap game potential for the Ravens. Yes the Ravens SHOULD beat the Colts but it's not anywhere near a must-win. So for that reason we should probably sit everyone who is injured. We're also playing a rookie QB assuming Richardson is back who is kind of still unknown how effective he is. I can see the Ravens taking the game lightly between the divisional game last week and the divisional games upcoming. And not expecting much of a contest but getting a run for their money. We also didn't face much pass rush last week with Cincinnati never sending extra rushers and in week 1 struggling with extra rushers. So if the Colts do that I can see us looking shaky at times again on offense whlie we all might think those issues are gone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ja'marr chase was pushing for burrow to not return until week 5 and people took it as a joke but there wasn't really anything indicating it was one. he was right about that and was right that we lost to some elves. smart, cute guy. fun man

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

isn't one of the main football stats problem one of sample size? wouldn't that be even worse if you reduce that sample down to just 2 games?

yeah. even a season's worth of data doesn't really tell you poo poo about defenses, egghead stat people will just talk about how defensive performance isn't "sticky" rather than admit their metrics are garbage

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I hate to use this cliche but next sunday has major trap game potential for the Ravens. Yes the Ravens SHOULD beat the Colts but it's not anywhere near a must-win. So for that reason we should probably sit everyone who is injured. We're also playing a rookie QB assuming Richardson is back who is kind of still unknown how effective he is. I can see the Ravens taking the game lightly between the divisional game last week and the divisional games upcoming. And not expecting much of a contest but getting a run for their money. We also didn't face much pass rush last week with Cincinnati never sending extra rushers and in week 1 struggling with extra rushers. So if the Colts do that I can see us looking shaky at times again on offense whlie we all might think those issues are gone.

any given Sunday and all but I expect the Bank to be on fire and the Ravens to win big

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Use a fullback problem solved

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1703973807378043098

Steelers, Seahawks, Niners, Chiefs, Ravens, Packers: pretty good

Giants, Colts: lmfao

Steelers have won 21 consecutive home MNF games

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the 'QB Sneak' play

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

oh my god get that coaching staff the gently caress away from bryce young before they ruin him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jets too

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Use a fullback problem solved

This has occasionally worked for the Chiefs with a tight end who absolutely made his name by doing this in college ball. It has not worked as often as you would want because the defense obviously expects it to happen.

Jalen Hurts is special on QB sneaks, even with the push. Everyone in the world knows what is going to happen and he makes it work.

For the Panthers I guess they're trying to fool the defense in some fashion but aren't good enough to do so.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

seiferguy posted:

Biggest sole media market for most of that time. Hell, they probably get a lot of viewership in Iowa, Missouri and Kentucky as well

The bigger question is how the hell they've gone 10-8 on MNF in the post-Lovie timeframe

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 19, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Bookmarking this tweet for when the Cowboys inevitably flame out in the postseason.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Stephen A Smith that you??

Worst talking head in sports. He even admits to liking Jerry Jones lmao disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ravens gonna lose a dumb one