Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

The best thing about the Taylor Swift/Kelce thing is watching all the Swifties on Twitter/X speedrunning what football is, how one plays a football, what one wears as a fan of a football, etc. At the rate they're going, by tonight they'll be arguing about it being a passing league vs. RUN THE BALL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

We Got Us A Bread posted:

The best thing about the Taylor Swift/Kelce thing is watching all the Swifties on Twitter/X speedrunning what football is, how one plays a football, what one wears as a fan of a football, etc. At the rate they're going, by tonight they'll be arguing about it being a passing league vs. RUN THE BALL.

Yeah that's the best thing alright.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

a neat cape posted:

God I love him

Hope they keep Moore after they fire Staley at the end of the season, Herbert deserves a competent offensive mind to help him rain down more TDs.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/paulapasche/status/1706402456622534760?t=ROsTKIZ-V67tAPGd7GPQ6w&s=19

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://x.com/MicheleSteele/status/1706329395382640668?s=20

they can only go up from here!

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I know, celebrity culture and all, but that betting thing feels gross

I went back and watched the Dolphins game, since I usually redzone it up in Sundays. Interesting that it didn’t even feel that out of control until near the end of the first half.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sean Payton isn't going to get fired for giving up 70 points. He got the team to score 69 points through three games when last year they had only 44 at the same point last year. I think the majority of last year's were defensive, as well. This year has mostly been offense. The Broncos offense is definitely much better than it was last year and will continue to get better week over week.

The defense, though, wooof.

Yeah. This season was going to be a team audit either way. The only heat on Payton is figuring out a proportional response to eating a 70-burger. Even if it’s not canning Joseph, he needs to do something to signal to Penner and the fan base that yesterday was unacceptable.

Hell, just make the whole fuckin’ team run suicides all day tomorrow until they’re puking or they quit. Bench every starter for the first series against the Bears. Something.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Dolphins sent the Broncos to the negative zone. Also, Browns D rules.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The jets should give every retread, UDFA, or practice squad QB out there a 1 week on the job try out game and just keep trying until they find one better than zach wilson.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

wilderthanmild posted:

The jets should give every retread, UDFA, or practice squad QB out there a 1 week on the job try out game and just keep trying until they find one better than zach wilson.

i feel like i would take any starting cfl qb over wilson? would wilson even start in the cfl?

jets should call any of them. not sure how that would look contractually, but they'd at least be in shape and motivated.

e: also, comedy change of scene options: fields for wilson.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 25, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Hackett trying to build an offense that Fields would do well in in the middle of the season lol

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

abelwingnut posted:

yea, what exactly is going on here? how did he fix that o-line from shaky to an actual wall?

There's basically no exposure to a real pass rush for a variety of reasons. They run a really low rate of "true" pass protection(loads of RPO/PA/bootleg/screens), which changes the blocking. They don't get forced into a lot of "must pass" situations because they do so well on 1st and 2nd down, so the whole playbook is open and there aren't a lot of snaps where the pass rush trusts just going all-out attacking. Tua has a quick release and great anticipation on timing routes, so the ball is out very quickly to guys who are further down the field than the drop depth and timing would be for most of the rest of the league.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

https://twitter.com/kingofphinland/status/1706084797943001557

https://twitter.com/hardrockbet/status/1706116327142736276

Tua receipts is a whole genre apparently

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Under every single tweet about Justin Herbert, it's 75% Dolphins fans yelling about how Tua is better

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
How did Justin Fields throw for only 99 yards when his team was down two scores the entire game ?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Dolphins were pretty hapless for a while and there were a lot of weirdly aggressive takes on Tua, I kinda like the aggressive shittalking now that he's succeeding. Although the Tuanon folks bullying, like, Mina Kimes, when she's always been pretty fair and well-reasoned about Tua (as she is about everything, 'cause she's, y'know, good at her job) is weird. They should probably cut that out.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 26, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Despera posted:

How did Justin Fields throw for only 99 yards when his team was down two scores the entire game ?

The Chicago Bears don't do passing offense

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Despera posted:

He doesn't throw anymore.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

a neat cape posted:

Under every single tweet about Justin Herbert, it's 75% Dolphins fans yelling about how Tua is better

it should be at least 90%

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

2020 qb rankings

tua
herbert
--
hurts
love
--
burrow
--
huntley
--
others

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
i was a member of tuanon solely because it had a great name

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, there’s a lot of pent up rage in dumb dolphins fans having to deal with every single mention of Tua over the last 3 years invoking SHOUDLVE DRAFTED HERBERT LOLOL!!! IDIOTS!! In the responses.

There’s a common denominator and it’s people saying stupid poo poo for attention, whether it’s Chris Simms or a Chargers/Dolphins fan arguing about a decision that was 5 years ago

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yup, I came up with that right off the dome right now. Pretty clever, imo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, there’s a lot of pent up rage in dumb dolphins fans having to deal with every single mention of Tua over the last 3 years invoking SHOUDLVE DRAFTED HERBERT LOLOL!!! IDIOTS!! In the responses.

There’s a common denominator and it’s people saying stupid poo poo for attention, whether it’s Chris Simms or a Chargers/Dolphins fan arguing about a decision that was 5 years ago

They are both excellent and good, we should all move on and enjoy them imo

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also Tua actually being a good quarterback was slightly more believable than the world being run by cannibalistic pedofiles

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Despera posted:

Also Tua actually being a good quarterback was slightly more believable than the world being run by cannibalistic pedofiles

disagree

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

They are both excellent and good, we should all move on and enjoy them imo

Amen

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Bucs run game did diddly poo the entire game so what do they do when on the half yard line after the pick?

Safety lol. I hope that DB kicked the OC in the balls

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Eagles are really drat good. Them vs the 49ers NFC Championship game please.

Baker was decent tonight so that's encouraging.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I can't wait for the Russell Wilson... is BACK articles next week after the Bears give him 7 seconds in the pocket all night.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
TIL that the Bucs mascot has a sword, which I guess makes sense but I don't usually think of mascots having accessories.

Also I'm surprised that the Eagles haven't started 3-0 since the early 90s. Not even once in the late 90s/early 00s Reid years?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's cool the entire NFL let the Eagles have Jalen Carter. What's that? He did something? Huh.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

C-Euro posted:

TIL that the Bucs mascot has a sword, which I guess makes sense but I don't usually think of mascots having accessories.

Also I'm surprised that the Eagles haven't started 3-0 since the early 90s. Not even once in the late 90s/early 00s Reid years?

Eagles started 8-0 last year

And like 8-0 the TO year

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

R.D. Mangles posted:

I can't wait for the Russell Wilson... is BACK articles next week after the Bears give him 7 seconds in the pocket all night.

interestingly he didnt look that bad against Miami. actually made some plays out of nothing. with a lesser QB that game would have been a laugher

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

wandler20 posted:

Eagles are really drat good. Them vs the 49ers NFC Championship game please.

Oh yes. I want the rematch.

I'm also looking forward to Chiefs-Dolphins in the AFCCG. Whoever wins the Superbowl the 49ers the fans win.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Harlock posted:

It's cool the entire NFL let the Eagles have Jalen Carter. What's that? He did something? Huh.

He's a problem.

https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1706492563044130958?t=9tSFT2xUcMEYUDdX0qNq9g&s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Good thing the bears didn't take him he might have been a distraction

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eagles started 8-0 last year

And like 8-0 the TO year

Yeah they said two years in a row 3-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

molestrios