Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The Amazing Race 35 - Out of Towners!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Didn't everybody have to vote for somebody this time? Why be a whiny baby about it jeez lmbo

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

maybeadracula posted:

Didn't everybody have to vote for somebody this time? Why be a whiny baby about it jeez lmbo

Yep, every team had to vote for someone. The obvious logic is to vote for the team that keeps coming in at the top, since you're voting before the leg. Idk why her and her dad are acting like this is some big shock and everyone is being mean to them.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I can see some reasoning behind doing a vote U-Turn. I seem to recall times when the U-Turn selection didn't matter and was just a happenstance as there were no good choices by the time it was used, or that it just forced an already lagging team out. While this method could do that too, it also gives a 100% chance to confirm hurt a good team, assuming a plurality are all on the same page. I'm not sure Steve & Anna Leigh were the right choice though anyway, as I think they've gotten away with front loading a lot of the Roadblocks on Anna Leigh up to this point, as Steve will have to handle a lot of the ones in the back half. Looks like it was 3 Anna Leigh Roadblocks to 1 Steve by the time the vote was held.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It kind of feels like something you should have to earn like the also wasted express pass

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

U-turn should use a variant of the old fast forward system. Every team has to U-turn themselves once during the race.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

garthoneeye posted:

U-turn should use a variant of the old fast forward system. Every team has to U-turn themselves once during the race.

That would be cool

Real strategy of risking early use or getting deep then trapped

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Was kind of funny all the shots they got of the teams and the camera crews riding in the Rickshaws. Must have been quite miserable for everyone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Teek posted:

I can see some reasoning behind doing a vote U-Turn. I seem to recall times when the U-Turn selection didn't matter and was just a happenstance as there were no good choices by the time it was used, or that it just forced an already lagging team out. While this method could do that too, it also gives a 100% chance to confirm hurt a good team, assuming a plurality are all on the same page. I'm not sure Steve & Anna Leigh were the right choice though anyway, as I think they've gotten away with front loading a lot of the Roadblocks on Anna Leigh up to this point, as Steve will have to handle a lot of the ones in the back half. Looks like it was 3 Anna Leigh Roadblocks to 1 Steve by the time the vote was held.

That was part of the risk with it, though. It could also be the difference between possibly being last or not, if a few teams were close to the bottom. There's been several times when teams worked together to use it. They are going to get screwed on him doing roadblocks, assuming he hasn't been doing them because he isn't as good at them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
noob question but when do they do cutaway interviews? Is getting through interviews just part of the racing challenge?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Khanstant posted:

noob question but when do they do cutaway interviews? Is getting through interviews just part of the racing challenge?

At the pit stop after the race. Which means that one of the teams being interviewed has already been eliminated

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh drat, having to act still hopeful or positive for interviews knowing you already lost has got to feel like rubbing it in. Or maybe it helps you get over it faster, idk, novel circumstance.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"First ones on the boat!" :lol:

I've missed many seasons of TAR, but not sure how often it was so clear which team was going home so early in an episode.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

"First ones on the boat!" :lol:

I've missed many seasons of TAR, but not sure how often it was so clear which team was going home so early in an episode.

Very rarely lol

There was just no edit to save them

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hahaha the pair who got a random person to exchange 5 euros for 5 euros on the wrong ferry.

Then the beard bros thinking they lost going into chill mode, eating their hotdogs at the stand. I couldn't tell how annoyed the host really was or not at having to wait for them. Fun episode. Wish we had that darts soccer game as a kid, my dad coached soccer and my little bros player but I had 0 interest. Something about adding in darts makes it seem way more fun from the outside.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I don't think anyone has ever been knocked out that fast in an episode, geez

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Honestly I'm shocked they even lasted this long so a leg like this where they just get flat out destroyed felt like it was inevitable, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

IcePhoenix posted:

Honestly I'm shocked they even lasted this long so a leg like this where they just get flat out destroyed felt like it was inevitable, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

It was getting really hard to watch by the end.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Them walking into the fun carnival room was hilarious, thought we were gonna see the king and queen of Germany do more air twirls but nope, just half cleaned down party room.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm watching on DVR and they changed clothes in India and I had to double and triple check that I wasn't watching another season (I have a couple unfinished seasons on my dvr)

E: drat, I'm not exactly inclined to like the dad and daughter team and they're being lovely about this but drat they're kind of hyper competent at this game so far.

also: "OUT OF TOWNERS!" rules.

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 11, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-amazing-race-premiere-dates-90-minute-episodes-2024/

90 minute episodes in Spring as well :toot:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I really thought this season had entirely non-obnoxious teams at first, and it's still probably a record low but the father daughter team are very aggravating

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

No, mean boys leave son and dad alone!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
"You can take them" was shockingly good strategy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lmfao they are going up the stairs

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

blue squares posted:

Lmfao they are going up the stairs

Repeated use of the numbnuts chimes

They actually had a real chance to get ahead

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

really liked tonight's episode a lot!

hopin dad and son get it done, they've been the most enjoyable team to watch so far

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I believe this is the first time a black M/M team has won back to back legs, let alone pull off a hat trick.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ApplesandOranges posted:

I believe this is the first time a black M/M team has won back to back legs, let alone pull off a hat trick.

I think I like them the most. They are so positive and happy all the time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They leaned in so hard on AnnaLee's negativity in her confessionals I knew they weren't going to get eliminated and it makes sense that the Sisters' Navigation issues were their undoing.

Rob and Corey are easily still my favorites (also god drat did you see how swollen Corey's eyes were after the hay challenge?) but Greg and John winning would be cool too.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Rob and Corey, you are Team Number W.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

maybeadracula posted:

I really thought this season had entirely non-obnoxious teams at first, and it's still probably a record low but the father daughter team are very aggravating

The two sisters were also awful and I could not believe they were talking about how they talked about how the show portrayed them as really in-sync and great communicators with each other.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

dovetaile posted:

The two sisters were also awful and I could not believe they were talking about how they talked about how the show portrayed them as really in-sync and great communicators with each other.

They were snipey but the daughter is just nasty to her dad and constantly negative. She got super butthurt about the UTurn and never recovered

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

dovetaile posted:

All I can think is that we see 15 minutes of them per episode and the editors might be a little selective of what they leave on the cutting room floor

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wonder how long the hay thing took because army bros had enough time to forget their book and still come in fourth and dad daughter self-speed bumped and didn’t lose.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

maybeadracula posted:

They were snipey but the daughter is just nasty to her dad and constantly negative. She got super butthurt about the UTurn and never recovered

The dad is a complete rear end in a top hat and I can’t wait for that team to lose.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm at least taking solace in that they're probably not around much longer, I'd be surprised if they last more than 2 more legs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Teams like them are like cockroaches so I'm expecting them to win

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
You could finish the season with the placements in this last episode and I'd be almost completely cool with the result, just swap 2/3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Poque posted:

The dad is a complete rear end in a top hat and I can’t wait for that team to lose.

Like father like daughter.

The couple that clearly hate each other are also a bit much but it's more uncomfortably entertaining than father-daughter whining hour.