Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

maybeadracula posted:

They were snipey but the daughter is just nasty to her dad and constantly negative. She got super butthurt about the UTurn and never recovered

Her social media is all about how she's an influencer and travels to all of these amazing places where she probably spends the whole time taking and retaking instagram photos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SteveVizsla posted:

Her social media is all about how she's an influencer and travels to all of these amazing places where she probably spends the whole time taking and retaking instagram photos

Weirdly unsurprising

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I have to say, this has been a fun season overall.

I weirdly like the father/daughter team. There's just something :lol: about how they keep managing to not lose.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SteveVizsla posted:

Her job description in the OP is "Private Flight Attendant/Influencer" so I guess that's how she's able to fly to a bunch of places to take those photos

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
For brothers, these two dudes call each other baby a whole lot.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

dovetaile posted:

For brothers, these two dudes call each other baby a whole lot.

Brothers just like to kiss and maybe touch a bit. No big deal.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

hey if it gasses up my partner in the middle of a race for a lot of money why not

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
The camerawork this season has been particlarly good, I've seen a number of shots that seem more complex than a typical reality show.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Big McHuge posted:

The camerawork this season has been particlarly good, I've seen a number of shots that seem more complex than a typical reality show.

Noticed that shot with the scooter, too?

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Big McHuge posted:

The ball rolling away off the woodware backpack was nice too

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Todd and Ashlie give off the air that they are harboring a Dark Secret

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Poque posted:

Todd and Ashlie give off the air that they are harboring a Dark Secret

She's an instagram mommy blogger influencer, he's a small-time landlord and gambling addict

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Incredible scenes as 3 teams completely fumble a lead and Team Beard jumps everyone. Also jesus christ Anna-Leigh constantly screaming at her clearly exhausted wheezing dad who can't even speak to move faster.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It is funny they made it look like it was some close race between the last 2 teams, but Todd & Ashley were the only ones not to share the mat at the end.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah haha the editing at the very end made me think there actually was a point to all of Anna Leigh's yelling, plus episode name, made me think they were actually at risk but they were just the slowest of their little tour group. And if she didn't want to be last on that group she could've stopped having everyone follow? I wonder if having places matter beyond last night incentivized some more competition when you get to weird clusters like that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think in the stress of the moment they're thinking more oh gently caress oh gently caress gotta get to mat fast. Also they didn't know for sure Todd and Ashlie were behind them, much as none of them knew Team Facial Hair was ahead because none of them could find a subway station.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I mean, I can't give her too much guff for yellin at him because I'd be the same way. It's frustrating to have your cap paced by someone who can't move as fast even while casually walking irl, and in a race situation you end up with pent up energy that you can't sprint with because you're holding back to not lose your straggler. This excess energy can be dissipated verbally.

I enjoyed that the beard bros, seeing no others ahead of them, simply assumed they were behind and not in first.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Got to feel bad for all the camera people keeping up with the 3 teams running in the wrong direction. Thought they were just gonna have a short jog to the subway station.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lmao when Annaleigh on the bus asking the driver to go to leave the others behind, and they're not even supposed to be on the bus. If only the bus had taken off lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Lmao when Annaleigh on the bus asking the driver to go to leave the others behind, and they're not even supposed to be on the bus. If only the bus had taken off lol

I dislike her so much

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Giggled at the Nobel thing with it airing the same night Kissinger died (one of the biggest wtf winners ever). I wish they'd named who was at the tables.

Seeing Joel and Garrett so happy at being first made me happy, even if I want Rob and Corey to win.

Anna Leigh went on this show knowing her dad can't run like she can, and knowing foot races happen. I get it's frustrating in the moment but what did she expect?

Has there ever been so many older people/dudes in final 4?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SteveVizsla posted:

Giggled at the Nobel thing with it airing the same night Kissinger died (one of the biggest wtf winners ever). I wish they'd named who was at the tables.

Their names were on the cards on the tables. I remember Einstein and Marie Curie were at the table the boys were serving but the other two names I didn't recognize so they didn't stand out.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think they meant the actual eating guests.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

garthoneeye posted:

I think they meant the actual eating guests.

I assume they were just random extras playing the role of the person on their card.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I assume they were just random extras playing the role of the person on their card.

I thought Phil said something about many winners go to the museum every year for an annual dinner, and that's who these people were?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SteveVizsla posted:

I thought Phil said something about many winners go to the museum every year for an annual dinner, and that's who these people were?

Yeah, the cards were representing people at previous dinners, and the years matched up with the dinner from that year. Then the teams had to give the correct food to the correct person based on the menu and the name card.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, the cards were representing people at previous dinners, and the years matched up with the dinner from that year. Then the teams had to give the correct food to the correct person based on the menu and the name card.

Ah, I misunderstood what he meant then - I thought he meant the actual people there were winners, not representing winners.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IcePhoenix posted:

I just rewatched it and Phil describes the guests as Nobel laureates and Greg or John described the challenge and specifically said all the guests themselves were Nobel prize winners.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I just rewatched it and Phil describes the guests as Nobel laureates and Greg or John described the challenge and specifically said all the guests themselves were Nobel prize winners.

All the guests at the annual dinners yeah. There's no way this was actually the annual dinner.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah a group of Nobel Prize winners did not assemble for a CBS reality gameshow.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Thank you for checking that :)

njsykora posted:

Yeah a group of Nobel Prize winners did not assemble for a CBS reality gameshow.

They could all be fairly local (one of the reasons I wanted to know who they were), they could have been there for another reason, etc.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

njsykora posted:

The Goon reading (listening?) comprehension here is lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought the food was all fake, just like the peace these so called royals of peace bring.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Anna Leigh just screaming while her dad talks gibberish like the Old Man from Pawn Stars lmao

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

If that wasn't the real Lord Of Lies I swear to fuckin god

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Khanstant posted:

Yeah haha the editing at the very end made me think there actually was a point to all of Anna Leigh's yelling, plus episode name, made me think they were actually at risk but they were just the slowest of their little tour group. And if she didn't want to be last on that group she could've stopped having everyone follow? I wonder if having places matter beyond last night incentivized some more competition when you get to weird clusters like that.

There was a shot that I as a passive viewer thought managed to catch the last two just on opposite sides of the last bridge, but I went back and looked at it and it just happened to be people dressed kind of similar.

Editors/camera people are working hard this season.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Poque posted:

Anna Leigh just screaming while her dad talks gibberish like the Old Man from Pawn Stars lmao

I didn't mind these two at the beginning of the season but it seems like the stress of the show has really turned them into miserable people. I did laugh at lot at her dad saying something like "Annaleigh's always there to motivate me" followed by her yelling "COME ON DAD!" again and again as he ran up some stairs and looked like his heart might explode at any minute.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Anna Leigh should be invited back on the show in 30 years if she has a kid of her own.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
People being so mad at Anna Leigh is funny.

She's incredibly tame compared to like Rachel or Mirna or Brooke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I find her entertaining and I think I might be rooting for their team. This is the most I've stuck with a season, I tried one that had survivor people on it once but don't remember finishing it. Am definitely curious to go back and see some of the worst couples and pairings in past seasons.