Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I saw that she basically made herself 500 million dollars with all the poo poo going on in 2023, between the tour leg and the AMC presale.

People are insane for her. There are like 6 proposals a show. It’s definitely a phenomenon.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Patty seems cool. Andy Reid is a legend. Even kelce seems like an awesome guy to hang out with (albeit… transparent, but no hate here. build that brand)

is this a vaccine joke? lol

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

kiimo posted:

Arrowhead stadium is basically the border of Independence, Missouri and Raytown, Missouri. As such those places get first choice on season tickets.

Anyone who knows KC knows Raytown is redneck central and Independence was the Meth Capital of the World for a while. The fans you see in the stadium are like 80% stereotype and really don't represent the city or the fanbase. There's a reason we call it Camarohead.

Sounds like you and the general Chiefs fan base hates poor people.

Shameful

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Your just throwing words out randomly now

Well you were doing it before as well but still

idk why you're being so mean, but you need to calm down

maybe shake it off and begin again before there's bad blood here

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Chiefs actually got more likable as time went on because the absolute piece of obnoxious garbage known as Tyreek Hill left the team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mystic Stylez posted:

The Chiefs actually got more likable as time went on because the absolute piece of obnoxious garbage known as Tyreek Hill left the team

The Pats did this after Harrison and Bruschi retired

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You guys do know why Clark Hunt is the face of the Chiefs and not Lamar Hunt Jr, right?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

is this a vaccine joke? lol

Wha? Howd you connect those dots.

Just that Kelce absolutely has his eyes on media / branding more than anything. He wants to be popular/famous.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am ready for TSwift discourse to be over

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1709003838101795007/

This is the perfect distillation of the ManningCast at its peak. Peyton very seriously distressed about subpar buttcheek-pushing technique while Eli plays along but nonverbally acknowledges how absurd the conversation is (which Peyton does not pick up on at all)

One out of two gets a cheek.

The one with the cheek, pushes!

The one without, follows him.

When the one with the cheek is killed, the one following grabs the cheek and pushes!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Freaquency posted:

it's me

hi

I'm the problem it's me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wha? Howd you connect those dots.

Just that Kelce absolutely has his eyes on media / branding more than anything. He wants to be popular/famous.

I wasn't sure what you meant but transparent heh. But yes, he's a media clout demon for sure.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Freaquency posted:

hope you have a plan to break up swift/kelce then. :colbert:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

it's me

hi

I'm the problem it's me

God drat it my 9 year old plugged Alexa back in again I thought I could go 5 minutes without hearing this poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kiimo posted:

it's me

hi

I'm the problem it's me

Lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

God drat it my 9 year old plugged Alexa back in again I thought I could go 5 minutes without hearing this poo poo

She'll never go out of style

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Freaquency posted:

Only in your wildest dreams

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Despera posted:

Only in your wildest dreams

I would rather it not be my team with Tay but I hope she frowns and makes a statement about the chop, since that is the only way we're ever getting rid of that. It will set the fan base on fire against her but the new fan base could be stronger.

This won't happen but one can dream.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If she kills that and barstool she deserves the hall

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

She'll never go out of style

Appreciate this :3:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Freaquency posted:

What do you have against Philadelphia's D'andre Tiyon Swift?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Appreciate this :3:

It was just sitting there lol.

I really like Taylor Swift. Lot of bops.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Brady was boring as hell to watch. Mahomes is so much fun, might as well enjoy it while it lasts. I feel like he's due to get a major injury, struggle to return to form for 3-4 years, have a single resurgent season somewhere outside of KC, crash down to earth afterwards, and everyone will be like "imagine if he had a whole healthy career what his stats might have been.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I would rather it not be my team with Tay but I hope she frowns and makes a statement about the chop, since that is the only way we're ever getting rid of that. It will set the fan base on fire against her but the new fan base could be stronger.

This won't happen but one can dream.

Taylor Swift throws gang signs why do people think she's gonna do anything about the chop lol

Maybe she kills Barstool though.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Forrest on Fire posted:

Maybe she kills Barstool though.

I would love this. What a parasite that guy is

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes on pace to rush for 655 yards

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lets play guess the QBs.

A - Mahomes, B - Wilson

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 5, 2023

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Right is Stroud. Left is Baker

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

The337th posted:

not being aware of Swift is pretty out of touch

not being aware of how possible it is for even the biggest pop star to not pierce someone's algorithm reinforced pop culture bubble in 2023 is also pretty out of touch

People don't understand how hosed up the algorithms are on media content services RE: the culture bubble echo chambers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

That doesn’t make sense but okay I guess

Media is extremely, extremely fractured nowadays and it's easy to, without even intending to, wind up in a very insulated space where you're only aware of the things you're into and only ever shown the things that interest you, so if you never seek out, say, Taylor Swift content, the enormity of her stardom may strike you much later than everybody else, as is the case with the guy who said "I wasn't aware of how big she was until a few months ago", which is around the time her new tour was exploding and making stories about how Ticketmaster was handling it so poorly their site was crashing and her fanbase was getting really, really pissed off at them. Tsking and finger wagging at people for not knowing how big somebody is, prior to that Ticketmaster stuff anyway, ironically, demonstrates that you are significantly more unaware of the way media works now than they are.

It actually makes perfect sense. You're just not in touch enough to understand it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What can I say? Maybe I'm out of touch.

Or out of time.

But I'm out of my head when you're not around.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

kiimo posted:

Mahomes on pace to rush for 655 yards

Let's talk about the important on pace stat, which is that Sam Howell is on pace for a 100+ sack season

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

MJeff posted:

Media is extremely, extremely fractured nowadays and it's easy to, without even intending to, wind up in a very insulated space where you're only aware of the things you're into and only ever shown the things that interest you, so if you never seek out, say, Taylor Swift content, the enormity of her stardom may strike you much later than everybody else, as is the case with the guy who said "I wasn't aware of how big she was until a few months ago", which is around the time her new tour was exploding and making stories about how Ticketmaster was handling it so poorly their site was crashing and her fanbase was getting really, really pissed off at them. Tsking and finger wagging at people for not knowing how big somebody is, prior to that Ticketmaster stuff anyway, ironically, demonstrates that you are significantly more unaware of the way media works now than they are.

It actually makes perfect sense. You're just not in touch enough to understand it.

Yeah until the ticketmaster stories started I thought she was just a "normal" pop superstar on the same level as like, Harry Styles or Ed Sheeran or something, not "potentially emptying the stadium if she does the Super Bowl halftime show" level. I knew her fans were rabid but a lot of other musicians have the same thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MikeCrotch posted:

Let's talk about the important on pace stat, which is that Sam Howell is on pace for a 100+ sack season

lol at your custom text somebody is bent out of shape over spaghetti sauce

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rogue Elephant posted:

Yeah until the ticketmaster stories started I thought she was just a "normal" pop superstar on the same level as like, Harry Styles or Ed Sheeran or something, not "potentially emptying the stadium if she does the Super Bowl halftime show" level. I knew her fans were rabid but a lot of other musicians have the same thing.

I went to Detroit in 2011 for some Tigers games, and I somehow ended up watching a 7pm start at Comerica against the Mariners, while other the other side of the road Swift had sold out Ford Field but the only two songs of hers I've heard are 'Love Story' and 'Shake It Off' mainly because it doesn't really show up on my radar

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

What can I say? Maybe I'm out of touch.

Or out of time.

But I'm out of my head when you're not around.

No, it’s the kids who are wrong

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rogue Elephant posted:

Yeah when people say they're unaware of Taylor Swift's stardom, they're not saying "TAYLOR SWIFT? WHO'S THAT? :downs:", they're saying they didn't know she's bigger now than she ever has been and didn't know she's like, a Michael Jackson level star because we just don't have those anymore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MJeff posted:

no, that person was living under a rock

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Isn't she a country singer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Taylor Swift didn't tour for a while due to COVID and some other things, so this tour was a bigger deal than it even would have been. Swifties were champing at the bit.

My wife was able to get face value floor tickets for Gillette Stadium and it absolutely poured the whole concert. To her credit Taylor did the whole show in that torrential downpour