Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

MJeff posted:

Media is extremely, extremely fractured nowadays and it's easy to, without even intending to, wind up in a very insulated space where you're only aware of the things you're into and only ever shown the things that interest you, so if you never seek out, say, Taylor Swift content, the enormity of her stardom may strike you much later than everybody else, as is the case with the guy who said "I wasn't aware of how big she was until a few months ago", which is around the time her new tour was exploding and making stories about how Ticketmaster was handling it so poorly their site was crashing and her fanbase was getting really, really pissed off at them. Tsking and finger wagging at people for not knowing how big somebody is, prior to that Ticketmaster stuff anyway, ironically, demonstrates that you are significantly more unaware of the way media works now than they are.

It actually makes perfect sense. You're just not in touch enough to understand it.

I'm on family group chats and half the stuff that pierces my bubble is via them. Had a cousin excitedly taking her adult daughter to the Tswift concerts and posting pics from them, otherwise I'd have mostly tuned it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

NFL should double down and let Taylor do the halftime show. Ticket prices would go to the loving moon.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

NFL should double down and let Taylor do the halftime show. Ticket prices would go to the loving moon.

She turned it down

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

wandler20 posted:

Lets play guess the QBs.

A - Mahomes, B - Wilson

And this was the first time in QB A's career he was ever on the lesser side of passing stats going all the way back through college.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Her explicit worry was that people would buy tickets and leave at halftime

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Nice! posted:

And this was the first time in QB A's career he was ever on the lesser side of passing stats going all the way back through college.
Right but A has not played B yet this year so I'm confused why they're being compared. Those are Russell's stats, no Zach's

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Get in price for a SB with a Taylor Swift halftime show would probably be like 10k lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Isn't there some weird thing where the NFL makes you pay to play the SB halftime show now?

I'm sure it's more complicated than that in some fashion, but I remember that being something that was going on that turned some performers off of the idea.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If the lions make it to the Super Bowl l, in Detroit, I am going to spend a lot of money

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Grittybeard posted:

Isn't there some weird thing where the NFL makes you pay to play the SB halftime show now?

I'm sure it's more complicated than that in some fashion, but I remember that being something that was going on that turned some performers off of the idea.

The NFL pays for all expenses related to travel, stage show, dancers, etc but that's it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think performers are paid and I believe the NFL micromanages the hell out of the whole show.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You have a strict budget. If you want wild poo poo, the artist/label cover it.

Most famously you had The Weeknd who wanted so much poo poo he paid out 8mm or something

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

This would be extremely funny

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

Get in price for a SB with a Taylor Swift halftime show would probably be like 10k lol

IIRC, the last few years the average seat price was already like $10K and the cheapest stuff was like $7K. Taylor Swift halftime would easily cause that to go way, way up.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Good. Nobody but rich fuckers go to the Superbowl anyway. Make them pay more, who cares.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

AndrewP posted:

Taylor Swift didn't tour for a while due to COVID and some other things, so this tour was a bigger deal than it even would have been. Swifties were champing at the bit.

yeah that fanbase is impressively active and vocal plus antsy. for all the Michael Jackson comparisons she isn't even the most streamed artist, she's usually behind Weeknd and trading with Bad Bunny, yet her fame level far outstrips her chart-topping peers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MikeCrotch posted:

this would be really awesome tbh

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

yeah that fanbase is impressively active and vocal plus antsy. for all the Michael Jackson comparisons she isn't even the most streamed artist, she's usually behind Weeknd and trading with Bad Bunny, yet her fame level far outstrips her chart-topping peers

you're just making up names now aren't you?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fartknocker posted:

IIRC, the last few years the average seat price was already like $10K and the cheapest stuff was like $7K. Taylor Swift halftime would easily cause that to go way, way up.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If the lions make it to the Super Bowl l, in Detroit, I am going to spend a lot of money

Ok so nevermind. I was expecting more like… idk, $3k.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
how the gently caress is it $10k what the christ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The vast majority of super bowl tickets are corporate now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah its really hard to get tickets.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/super-...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

$91,000 for a pair of tickets in a lower section closer to the field

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I had actually purchased SB tickets in 2010. I think they were around 2600 for a pair and mezz level and that was 13 (lol) years ago. I think the get in price back then for last row tickets were like 6 or 700. Last year's get in price was like 3-4k.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It really is so terrible that attending the Superbowl is totally unattainable for the actual fans. 20,000 seats should be reserved for season ticket holders of the teams playing or something.
Any kind of fig leaf for the event being about Football.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It really is so terrible that attending the Superbowl is totally unattainable for the actual fans. 20,000 seats should be reserved for season ticket holders of the teams playing or something.
Any kind of fig leaf for the event being about Football.

The Fans superbowl are the two Championship Games

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One of the biggest problems about the SB is it stopped being about football like 30 years ago. It's nothing new. Conference championships are way more fun (well, if you win them)

edit: beaten

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

kiimo posted:

One of the biggest problems about the SB is it stopped being about football like 30 years ago. It's nothing new. Conference championships are way more fun (well, if you win them)

edit: beaten

Jon Bois taught me that Bud Grant was saying this about the SB 50 years ago

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

thankfully the Super Bowl is aired on television for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are