Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I am not a fan of pumpkin..... anything, in general (or any squash for that matter). However I just remembered I DO have an awesome thing I can make with at least 3 of the 4 components of pumpkin spice, if not all 4. I'm pretty sure I can add the last one to the recipe and it would fit perfectly.

I might enter this. There are a couple of ingredients I might have trouble sourcing, one of which I'd probably have to order online and may take several weeks to arrive (if I can get it at all), but I think I can make it work. If I can't get either of those things in time then there are substitutions I can use instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

I might enter this. There are a couple of ingredients I might have trouble sourcing, one of which I'd probably have to order online and may take several weeks to arrive (if I can get it at all), but I think I can make it work. If I can't get either of those things in time then there are substitutions I can use instead.

Update: I have ordered the things. :mrgw:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

One of the things I ordered for my dish won't be delivered for another week and a half at the earliest. Reeeeeally hoping no one beats me to the punch on it before then. :ohdear:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Does it matter if we make one thing but it's not really a "main" dish/entree?

I'm not sure if what I'm planning to make counts as an entree or not. I may have to make something else to go with it, but I don't have a ton of ideas since I hate pumpkin.

EDIT: If I need to, I can PM Grandicap and tell him what I plan on making, and he can advise me whether to add to it or not. It'll be at least a week before I can post my thread anyway, so I've got plenty of time! :)

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 19, 2023

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

wellllllllllllllllll son of a gently caress

Looks like this is gonna be yet another 12th-hour ICSA/NICSA entry for me after all. :(

Luckily most of the actual work on the first thing I'm making is already done, so I at least have something to post right now. It just needs time to sit while I wait on this order to arrive (which it was gonna have to do anyway). I can go back and edit my post once the rest of the cooking on that and the second dish are complete, since the second dish uses part of the finished first dish as an ingredient, although at the rate things are going the second dish may not be done until November 1st which is the day after the cutoff. The first one should be done right on Halloween night. :spooky:

Grandicap, would it be okay if I go ahead and post a thread for what I've got now and then add to it as dishes #1 and #2 are done?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just got back from a 2-day trip and will try to post the first part of my thread either tomorrow or Monday.

Before that though, I will need to PM Grandicap about something regarding one of my entries, which I'll do tomorrow.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

wellllllllllllllllll son of a gently caress

Looks like this is gonna be yet another 12th-hour ICSA/NICSA entry for me after all. :(

:bang: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKK :bang:

Fortunately I made this same dish for a different ICSA a few years back that I never posted my entry for, and I still have the unposted photos from that. If I need to, I can use those old pics in my thread until the 3rd and then edit in the new pics once this order finally loving arrives. I'll probably lose points in the vote, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice if it means the end product is better.

...... or I could use the less-good backup ingredients I got 3 weeks ago in case this happened, but... nah, gently caress that. I think the rest of y'all'll agree when my thread goes up in...... less than 24 hours from now gently caress :sludgepal:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 31, 2023

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Happy to say my thread is a pretty good bit of the way done now! I still need to type out the ingredients list, instructions, and photos, but those parts should be a lot easier than what I already got.

Unless Grandicap or the mods have any objections, I'd like to go ahead and post what I've got now and keep the thread closed until the OP is done, since it's getting down to the wire and the deadline for posting a thread is about 4 hours from now. Don't worry, I promise this WON'T be a repeat of my ICSA Chili thread fiasco! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

angerbot posted:

Be warned - give us a treat, or get tricked :spooky::drac:

Oh don't you worry! It'll be a treat alright! :dukedog: (Once it's all done, that is)

angerbot posted:

- it's fine but it'll probably hurt your voting.

I'm willing to make that sacrifice if necessary.

Thread is up! Now to finish the OP.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046234

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 1, 2023