Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Alan Smithee posted:

where would that be

I've brought them back to the UK from Germany in the past, not found them here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i had some maple cotton candy recently, and that is now pretty high up on the list of best candy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i store sweetarts in the fridge

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
The yellow jelly beans. I like the other colors just fine, but to me nothing beats the yellow one.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
it’s piss

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

aka "the good stuff"

toastedyou55228
Jan 28, 2014
Cadbury Double Decker bar. Nougat on top of a crunch bar. Great frozen

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I havent seen normal lifesavers in a while. just gummy ones. are they not popular anymore. used to get those tubes that were all cherry.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Pragmatica posted:

i had some maple cotton candy recently, and that is now pretty high up on the list of best candy

That sounds so good. I’ve seen some fancy cotton candy designs lately, they looked like flowers, it was amazing.

My gf says I have old man taste in dessert flavors because I like stuff like maple walnut ice cream and maybe I do, but idgaf and I want that cotton candy now

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Cotton candy machines are cheap and fun. Get one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

verdict: pretty good. I think I like the brains best

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I've brought them back to the UK from Germany in the past, not found them here.

google says Sainsburys has them?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

They're called *sweets* god drat it.

Bassetts (now owned by Cadbury and called Maynards Bassetts) always did the best sweets (not chocolate bars, that's a different thing entirely) when I was a kid.

Frosties:

Sort of like Kola Kubes but with an even softer centre, these cost 5p a pack and were hugely popular. It says "Barratt" in the picture because they were a rival company which Bassetts took over in the 60s and kept the branding as part of the deal.

Wham Bars:

Americans would probably refer to this as taffy, but its consistency is a bit harder than taffy. Pale pink in colour with sour crystals made this an interesting raspberry chew. Best eaten after being sat in your pocket for a few hours.

Black Jacks & Fruit Salad:

Individual chews that were either Aniseed flavour (Black Jacks) or Raspberry & Pineapple (Fruit Salad). They cost 1p each and were a staple of any 80s kid's pic 'n mix bag.

There were also Apple flavour ones called Apple Jacks but nobody bought those.

All three of the above are still sold in the UK today (maybe not Frosties, I'd have to check that,) although are a pale imitation of what they once were due to artificial colours and flavours in sweets now either being frowned upon or outright banned. Ah, what I'd give to be able to eat a Wham bar from my youth.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Dell_Zincht posted:

They're called *sweets* god drat it.

permaban immediately.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

big deal posted:

permaban immediately.

I've just realised the picture of Frosties refers to it as candy, but honestly the whole of the UK refers to them as sweets, or "confectionery" if you're posh

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Snowy posted:

My gf says I have old man taste in dessert flavors because I like stuff like maple walnut ice cream and maybe I do, but idgaf and I want that cotton candy now

Where are you finding maple ice cream? I tried looking for it years ago and it seemed like it didn’t exist in the US

It’s been years since I’ve seen them but Now and Laters were another go to as a kid. They weren’t amazing. They were just there and I bought them a bunch

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The MDMA snack of choice. loving love them.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Black Jacks & Fruit Salad:

The pictured ones, yes - not the modern ones though. I think the modern ones have air whipped into them so they're not as chewy.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dell_Zincht posted:

I've just realised the picture of Frosties refers to it as candy, but honestly the whole of the UK refers to them as sweets, or "confectionery" if you're posh

I’m quite comfortable disagreeing with the whole of the UK.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hotel Kpro posted:

Where are you finding maple ice cream? I tried looking for it years ago and it seemed like it didn’t exist in the US

I get it at Stewart’s , a NY gas station/convenience store chain that brags about “the best milk in NY state”. They all have little ice cream counters and rotate in new flavors pretty often.

I’d also like to give a shoutout to Brown Cow maple yogurt, it’s so delicious.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Dell_Zincht posted:

yes, thought it was a uk thing. thus my post

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Claey’s Old Fashioned Hard Candy is the best

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

Brains > eyes > fingers based on the bag I found locally.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Alan Smithee posted:

Hell yeah brother.

Nemo2342 posted:

Brains > eyes > fingers based on the bag I found locally.

Bones > Eyes > Brains > Fingers, imo

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

taffy and peanut butter sounds like quite the choice

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Give your dog some peanut butter and eat an abba zabba, y’all will be closer than you’ve ever been

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I wish Mars bars were still sold in the US. I have to settle for Snickers Almond, which is a poor substitute.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what y'all eatin tonight

i got reeses pumpkin

basic i know

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Same, Reese’s pumpkins

Also we have something called sour strawberry bricks that we got in one of those clear plastic containers from Safeway. We thought they were weird but we keep eating them

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hotel Kpro posted:

Same, Reese’s pumpkins

Also we have something called sour strawberry bricks that we got in one of those clear plastic containers from Safeway. We thought they were weird but we keep eating them

Like these?

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

The best candy is the candy we find inside us all... Cannibalism

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
milky wayzzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008