Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PENTA VS SWITCH 17 27.42%
SHIDA VS SAKURA 14 22.58%
WARDLOW VS NEMETH 1 1.61%
OMEGA VS FLETCH 27 43.55%
ARCHER VS BARRETT BROWN 1 1.61%
DYNAMITE DOZEN 2 3.23%
Total: 62 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shida starting to wail on Emi in a rage and Emi looking absolutely loving delighted by it ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Shida vs. Emi was extremely sick if just because Emi wrestles like she wants to shoot murder people with her own body as the weapon

It was great live, and for everyone who thought it looked like Shidas gear was coming apart in the match, well, yeah it looked like that up close in the arena, too. Stayed together though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

enigmahfc posted:

I love that there is very much a "gunning for the top" feeling for the AEW belt, with Switchblade, Joe, Omega, Wardlow (lol), Juice, and probably others soon all coming for MJF.

The Wardlow thing's kind of perfect. It's like he woke up in the middle of the night like Kronk, wondering why the hell he's doing absolutely nothing when he completely bulldozed the current champion once upon a time. Not only does he deserve a title shot ASAP, but he's also bitter about how MJF's behavior derailed his big moment.

It also works because it's a good enough match to build a special Dynamite around, though probably not a PPV. Unless the PPV was a really neat gimmick match.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I would be fine with Wardlow if he had an actual match in the past how many months. Just power boming dudes then walking away gets boring

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
'have a banana!' :cronch cronch cronch:

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

My hope is that this whole "material for one pretape stretched out over at least three" thing with Cole and Roddy is because Cole's injury is not as bad as presented but something they need to stall a bit for, and not that they think it's all been good. Even as someone who's generally enjoyed the brochacho stuff it's dragging badly at this point.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

I love that there is very much a "gunning for the top" feeling for the AEW belt, with Switchblade, Joe, Omega, Wardlow (lol), Juice, and probably others soon all coming for MJF.

this has made the show so much better

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wedgie powerbomb

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Fatal Fiveway! Fatal Fiveway! Fatal Fiveway!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MJF's looked vulnerable and now everybody's gunning for him. It will be interesting to see if he slips back to a more heelish nature when he loses the belt, arguing that he only lost it because he decided to trust people and put his faith in others.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jay white and the BCG getting freed from collision has been such a boon to aew. they are sooo good. jay white should be champ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

graph posted:

'have a banana!' :cronch cronch cronch:

Sliding the leftover part into her pants cracked me up, don't wanna waste a good banana!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

MJF's looked vulnerable and now everybody's gunning for him. It will be interesting to see if he slips back to a more heelish nature when he loses the belt, arguing that he only lost it because he decided to trust people and put his faith in others.

He's gonna get cheered at the Rumble either way

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Someone suggested that all these potential challengers are to make the traditional end of the year World Title challenger tournament less predictable, which would be a nice compared to Tony's usual tournaments.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Did Nick Wayne have a cracked tooth before? Because if not, way to roll with it. "My tooth, Daddy, my tooth."

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Shida vs. Emi was extremely sick if just because Emi wrestles like she wants to shoot murder people with her own body as the weapon

The women's division has an Ishii, and I'm glad to see people recognise it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lamuella posted:

The women's division has an Ishii, and I'm glad to see people recognise it.

Emii :v:

Also, listening to WOR and Dave Meltzer is giving a more succinct version of Copeland's promo.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

CobiWann posted:

Did Nick Wayne have a cracked tooth before? Because if not, way to roll with it. "My tooth, Daddy, my tooth."

Per Bryan Alvarez on WOR Nick cracked a front tooth all the way down to the nerve when he and Darby were brawling on the concrete

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Kenny/MJF feud gimme the good stuff

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apophenium posted:

Per Bryan Alvarez on WOR Nick cracked a front tooth all the way down to the nerve when he and Darby were brawling on the concrete

ow

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lance Archer looked great as always beating up discount Nick Jackson

But now I’m wondering who he’s here to give a rub to

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

My first thought was actually fletch

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

apophenium posted:

give pouty zoomer nick a big gold cap

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

apophenium posted:

I have done this exact same thing. It's not that bad tbh.

What a worker though to recognize it and call the cameraman over to him for a shot of it.

e: Oh poo poo it was the EXACT same way too -- I busted mine out a gym floor playing basketball. Nick busted his on the floor backstage. The other half of my tooth went through my lip though :v:

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 19, 2023

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Nick Wayne has a horrible mother, abusing her own son and letting him get his tooth cracked by Darby Allin. I'm glad Christian is there to provide Nick with the loving father figure he never had.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Dango Bango posted:

What a worker though to recognize it and call the cameraman over to him for a shot of it.

For real, I like that kid a lot. He was great in the interview with His Mom just looking so totally over it. Excited to see how this heel turn affects his in-ring stuff

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

yeah it was awesome

apophenium posted:

aaagg

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Last night every match ruled. Kenny Omega is the best ever. I would say the only miss was Adam Cole but I muted when the skit started so I don't know if it was bad!

Jay White isn't winning. They're doing a belt theft angle and nobody ever wins the title after that. He should win, but he isn't. So give Omega the belt

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jay looks so good wearing the belt he should win it for that reason alone.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Jay White isn't winning.

hosed up

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

If I'm wrong I'll be extremely happy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Give Juice the International Championship

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

It sure sounds bad still :stonk:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Legitimately Kenny and MJF meeting and MJF taunting him has opened up a lot of doors, especially considering the implied time crunch

Like you could put Kenny v MJF on Dynamite/collision next week and, despite the build to the Switchblade match, I would be completely unsure of the winner

(Not that this would be the right build for that match, but still)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

apophenium posted:

legitimately perfect injury for a little shithead with daddy issues. AEW is back - now they’re even getting the breaks from the universe again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The most important thing about the Adam Cole segment was that it looks like we're going to get Roddy trying to pretend to be MJF's friend and I'm very much looking forward to that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

It sure sounds bad still :stonk:

I mean, it happens so fast you don't even realize it. The nerve is exposed but it just kind of dangles there. It doesn't hurt unless you touch it with your tongue or something. When I went to the ER, they just put an amalgam over the nerve. That's what sucked - the amalgam was put on a little too thick so my bottom teeth would occasionally hit it while chewing. Basically a spark of pain shooting to your brain each time.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Jerusalem posted:

The most important thing about the Adam Cole segment was that it looks like we're going to get Roddy trying to pretend to be MJF's friend and I'm very much looking forward to that.

And then Max Caster can slip into the previous Roddy role of jealous hanger-on

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I thought it was an okay ep.

One thing I think they’re doing really well now is interweaving multiple storylines/wrestlers. One of Tony’s biggest weaknesses IMO has been keeping big names apart so he has big matches in his back pocket for further down the line. We’re further down the line now pal! It really shouldn’t have taken this long for Kenny and MJF to interact on TV. But it’s nice to see we’re mixing it all up now! Let’s do all the big/dream matches. You can do rematches later on I promise.

The Adam Cole skits are just dreadful now. The in ring chemistry of MJF and Cole was really great, and I know he wants to keep the story alive somehow, but this ain’t it.

Also I won’t be mad if they just give up on some guys. Lance Archer ain’t ever happening. Especially when Wardlow is doing pretty much the same type of squash. Tony isn’t good at booking big guys and he’s definitely not good at booking multiple big guys at the same time. He builds them up via squashes until they lose and then they disappear. Same thing with Jade. It’s definitely a pattern and it doesn’t serve anyone well. I’m thankful Hobbs is with Callis now so he doesn’t fall back into the same old.

I really hope they put the belt on Jay White. Bullet Club Gold is the best thing in the company and it’s not even close and those boys need to hog the main event scene for a couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Taxman posted:

Legitimately Kenny and MJF meeting and MJF taunting him has opened up a lot of doors, especially considering the implied time crunch

Like you could put Kenny v MJF on Dynamite/collision next week and, despite the build to the Switchblade match, I would be completely unsure of the winner

(Not that this would be the right build for that match, but still)

Kenny vs. MJF isn't a match you announce last minute. I think we're getting that match at Winter is Coming