Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I hate to admit that the Packers Green and Yellow at least stands out. Not a common combo in any of the sports, and Seattle is the only other team that uses green and that's more of a highlight than anything. Still love the Bears though, but I like it better when it's more blue than orange, unless they want to go full pumpkin and go orange everything. Then I could dig it because it would be ridiculously stupid looking that I would love it.

E: completely forgot about jets and eagles somehow.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Alaois posted:

There's a reason for this!

Funnily enough, though, the Minneapolis Lakers didn't really have purple in their unis.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

I think every Chargers uniform with yellow pants is good

I'll allow it because the Chargers usually have pretty dope uniforms

AFC West uniform supremacy based on Raiders and Chargers alone

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

anyway, let me post objectively the best color combination in all sports:

plus it's Jimmy Clausen. what's not to like?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Seattle is the only other team that uses green

huh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Black Sunshine posted:

I'll allow it because the Chargers usually have pretty dope uniforms

AFC West uniform supremacy based on Raiders and Chargers alone

Plus the Chiefs Red is kind of iconic.

Denver needs a change.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

This is the team Kawalimus has internalized

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

a neat cape posted:

Plus the Chiefs Red is kind of iconic.

Denver needs a change.

I think Denver and the Eagles are kind of in the same boat where they've both had basically the same design for ~25 years and it's at the point where it feels a bit stale, but if they hang on to them for another decade people will rank them alongside the rest of the classic jerseys just because they've been around so long. And since both teams have had their greatest success in those jerseys, why wouldn't they keep them?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Depends on the shade of yellow. Don't give me no Gold/Goldenrod, I want YELLOW.

Also the Dolphins colors are the best, close the thread.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Are lions the only team that do a thick grey?

I feel like there has to be some design space there that can shine.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

you know i'm generally of the belief that the Ravens have some of the best uniforms in football

this ain't

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Baby poo poo brown and purple is not an appealing combo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's like if all the other AFC North colors had a baby and never changed it's diaper. They're bad pants folks.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

those pants were so bad Joe Flacco preferred having a torn ACL than playing in that poo poo

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/943625

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Mystic Stylez posted:

They look like they stole the Steelers pants.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is there any brown uniform that look good?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Ornery and Hornery posted:

no

i’ve been hesitant to say it, because gently caress the cowboys, but watching this eagles cowboys game the boys butts do look good

e: chargers above all else just to be clear

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I played with using brown on some of the defunct teams

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Deep wine burgundy and gold is an aesthetically fantastic combination and OP should be ashamed of himself.

The Washington team has been an embarrassment forever. Don’t make me sad about the colors too.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

These are amazing and I wish more teams did poo poo like this.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Nervous posted:

These are amazing and I wish more teams did poo poo like this.

Speaking of brown on uniforms, Green Bay had a throwback combination I saw once that did something I think was really cool -- since the rest of the uniform was the scheme they had way back in the 20's when the club was founded, they used all-brown helmets to replicate the color of the original all-leather helmets.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Benne posted:

The Bengals' White Tiger alts are cool as hell and they wear them just rarely enough to not be overexposed. Big thumbs up.

The Cincinnati Zebras

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Need more orange in the league

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The Browns look like poop. Literal poop. Also figurative poop.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

AndrewP posted:

I liked them. Let's get weird with the uniforms. Apologies to Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Indianapolis but your poo poo is boring now

Are you saying that "we only have a logo on one side of our helmets" isn't weird?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
My high school I have mixed feelings about had brown and gold as their colors and it was far too much toilet for me and ruined brown for me as a uniform color even if it’s present plenty aesthetically in my life (clothes, plants, furniture, etc) but it’s just a rough uniform color really

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Poo and pee is certainly a color scheme

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I think the trick to a good uniform brown is make sure it has as little yellow tinged into it as possible.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

predicto posted:

Deep wine burgundy and gold is an aesthetically fantastic combination

I agree with this, Commies have one of the best color schemes of the NFL

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
here are my rankings

1. Aqua
2. Orange

3. Every other teams colors.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheBizzness posted:

here are my rankings

1. Aqua
2. Orange

3. Every other teams colors.

1. darkness
2. megumin
3. aqua

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Ms Brooks caught a glance at the game between the 49ers and Seahawks, where the Seahawks were playing in their lime green uniforms. When she saw the score she said that the Seahawks were losing because their "costumes" were so ugly the players were embarrassed to wear them.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

Ms Brooks caught a glance at the game between the 49ers and Seahawks, where the Seahawks were playing in their lime green uniforms. When she saw the score she said that the Seahawks were losing because their "costumes" were so ugly the players were embarrassed to wear them.

My wife and mother in law also spent a significant portion of the game talking about how terrible those uniforms are.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

That just means the uniforms are good. Love da action green.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
action green is good, sorry haters

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Alright, I'm bored.

AFC West

Chiefs: I admire a team that hasn't changed its look in 60 years. Every combo of their unis except the all red they bust out once a year have a nice classic look. A-

Raiders: Same deal as the Chiefs but with better colors. Old school logo that looks goofy on close inspection but has that classic charm. Black/Silver and White/Silver both look great. A+

Broncos: Fell into the navy trap of the late 90s and still haven't gotten out. They've tried to use orange jerseys more since the Manning days, but it's probably the worst shade of orange in pro sports. D

Chargers: Their recent re-design was a big hit. The powder blue/yellow and white/yellow combos are both extremely sharp. A+

AFC North

Steelers: A true classic. Black/yellow and white/yellow combos both look great. Only slight point against is the italic numbers. A

Browns: I'm glad they've stuck with the ridiculous orange helmets for their tenure. Brown jerseys are kind of a necessity with the name, but the whites look way better. All white and white/orange are nice looks. The brown/orange combo they've been favoring at home is a bit of an eyesore. B

Bengals: The helmet has always been a winner, the jerseys are alright. Can't really go wrong with black/orange. The snow tiger thing is kinda cool once a year, but the regular white jersey needs more orange accents. B+

Ravens: Black with purple and gold accents is hard to mess up, but they still have some meh combos. The purple jerseys should never be worn with the black pants, and black jerseys with white pants looks off with a black helmet. All black, all white, white/black, and purple/white all look good. B+

AFC South

Texans: Born in the time of navy. The metallic red helmets are a good effort, but they've yet to find something with the current color scheme. C-

Colts: Simple, classic. Those black alts are an abomination, but their regular unis are solid, if uninspiring. B

Titans: Voluntarily went to more navy in the 2020s. Too much going on with the jerseys, even the powder blue can't bring much life to them. D

Jaguars: They had the right idea to go back to teal and black, even if it's the lame early 2010s shade of teal instead of the awesome 90s one. Their logo is derpy and the color combos aren't quite right. C+

AFC East

Bills: White helmet is nice and the blue and white unis are fine. The all red is trying too hard. B-

Dolphins: Unis have steadily gotten worse since the 70s, but the color scheme is still unique. I dislike that they lean into the all white unis more, which is their worst combo. B-

Jets: Like the metallic green helmets, but it doesn't really work with their regular jerseys, especially the hideous black alts. The all white throwbacks are sharp. C+

Patriots: These have to be the worst unis in the NFL. Extremely lazy re-design that doesn't match anything. How do you keep those Bledsoe/Brady era silver helmets but have no silver accents on any uniform? Those whites are exceptionally heinous. F

NFC West

49ers: They did the right thing going back to the 80s look, with some occasional 90s drop shadow sprinkled in. A

Rams: Trying to go more classic, but also trying to be too fancy and "forward looking." The font is stupid and the off-white is drab. That said the blue/yellow and white/yellow combos carry the day. B

Cardinals: New all whites are surprisingly good. The more red that's added, the worse they get. B-

Seahawks: The only good original Nike idea. The unis are busy, but the neon green actually makes the navy work. The all neons are so audacious, they're beautiful. Extra credit for the beautiful 90s throwbacks A+

NFC North

Packers: They haven't changed much since before the first SB, and for good reason. Unique color combo and the yellow pants work with the green or white jerseys. A-

Bears: Another real classic. A rare navy that doesn't suck. The orange is the perfect accent color and the white/navy combo is excellent. They lose points for trying to make the all orange a thing, though. A-

Lions: In the process of getting back to their roots. The font still drags down an otherwise fine color scheme. B

Vikings: The matte purple helmet is pretty good. White/purple combo looks good, others so so. B

NFC South

Bucs: At least they got rid of the alarm clock font. No idea what they're doing with the comically large version of the flag logo, though. Colors are fine, but they should always wear pewter pants. C+

Falcons: They had perfect unis in the 90s and remind us of that once a season. The 2000s helmet tries way too hard as do the current unis. C

Panthers: Great color palate, but why are they wearing white/black at every opportunity? Their unis are so easy. Silver pants, with black, white, or blue jerseys, yet they screw it up. Plus, someone once pointed out their current logo looks like their last one got stung by a bunch of bees and I can't unsee it. D+

Saints: Black/Metallic gold is easy mode, but at least the Saints generally stick with it. All black and all white are no goes, but either with metallic gold pants are a winner. B+

NFC East

Cowboys: They do stick to the classics, but it's one of the blander classics. The white star helmets they bust out on Thanksgiving rule, though. B-

Giants: Not sure why they made unis with less blue in the 2000s. "GIANTS" is superior to "NY" too, as evidenced by their handful of throwback games every year. C

Commanders: Talk about a team searching for an identity. Desperately trying to keep the burgundy/yellow thing going, but still throwing poo poo at the wall with jersey ideas and can't find a good logo. D-

Eagles: Midnight green is unique, but still a downgrade from the kelly green. The more black that's added, the worse it gets. B-

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I appreciate that effort post

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Same, in appreciation and boredom, so here’s the official Blind Pineapple hierarchy of divisions:

AFC West: 89, B+
AFC North: 89, B+
AFC South: 74.75, C
AFC East: 74.75, C

NFC West: 90.25, A-
NFC North: 88, B+
NFC South: 77.25, C+ (barely)
NFC East: 76, C

In order:
NFCW
AFCW/AFCN
NFCN
NFCS
NFCE
AFCS/AFCE

A+ got a 100 because it should and f got a 59 so the pats wouldn’t tank their whole division. Otherwise it was b+/c+/d+ got 88/78/68, a/b/c/d 95/85/etc, and b- got 81 and y’all can figure it out from there.

I appreciate the parity in the AFC. And this looks about right to me. Maybe this pineapple sees more than we think

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 24, 2023

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mystic Stylez posted:

I agree with this, Commies have one of the best color schemes of the NFL

At least one person in this thread isn't a complete Philistine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Blind Pineapple posted:

Commanders: Talk about a team searching for an identity. Desperately trying to keep the burgundy/yellow thing going, but still throwing poo poo at the wall with jersey ideas and can't find a good logo. D-

Realized the other night that this is why I can't bring myself to think of them as anything other than the WFT. Never mind how generic and uninspired the name "Commanders" is, they still just slap a "W" on the helmet and call it a day. There's no logo or mascot representing the name and if they can't be bothered to to go all-in on their stupid title then why should anyone? What even is a "Commander" in this instance? A "Commander" of what?

I guess I get keeping the "W" though, they have a hard enough time finding those.