Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lol that he doesn't belong or lol that it's the chargers posting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ok Hester is in so I have nothing left to say here

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HootTheOwl posted:

Lol that he doesn't belong or lol that it's the chargers posting it

The latter

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1755792110652207461

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Devin Hester made it!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
hall of pretty good

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hester over Gates is bullshit.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

fast cars loose anus posted:

Put Andre Johnson in you bastards

Oh good I never have to say this again

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Tiki Barber was robbed

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Not sure any of these are sure fire first ballot guys.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1755813255824773618?t=HR6jASmwiwblFfHPm9gprQ&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eli will be.

Suggs should be.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i guess the rule must be to respectfully include anyone who played 12+ years at a real position in the pretend consideration

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Vinatieri most definitely is first ballot. Suggs prob too. Yanda and Keuchly were both dominate enough to get in eventually and Eli has the super bowls. Lynch might have a chance. The rest shouldn't sniff the hall but since they let Hester and Mongo in anyone can get in

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

The Eli Manning HoF debate shitstorm is nigh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Maybe Gates should fuckin get in idk

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Eli, Yanda, and Lynch are the 3 first ballot players of that group.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Luke had a shorter career but he was the best linebacker of his generation and I don't think it's particularly close tbh.

When he was in his prime he was a force of nature.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

Maybe Gates should fuckin get in idk

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eli and Lynch and probably Vinatieri should be, but :shrug:.

I really want to be a homer and say Vernon Davis is, but again :shrug:

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 9, 2024

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't understand first ballot stuff about marshawn but i change my mind about not going ahead with it because he was cool

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cavauro posted:

i don't understand first ballot stuff about marshawn but i change my mind about not going ahead with it because he was cool

Beastquake.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I know it won't be considered the same way, but if Eli is supposedly first ballot because of super bowls and the narrative, that applies even more to Vinatieri

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If Suggs isn't first ballot, then just lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

If Suggs isn't first ballot, then just lol

Yeah.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I am now of the age where I watched HoF players start their careers. Cool, I am wise and grizzled.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Doltos posted:

Vinatieri most definitely is first ballot. Suggs prob too. Yanda and Keuchly were both dominate enough to get in eventually and Eli has the super bowls. Lynch might have a chance. The rest shouldn't sniff the hall but since they let Hester and Mongo in anyone can get in

Earl Thomas should absolutely be in the Hall, are you nuts

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I really want to be a homer and say Vernon Davis is, but again :shrug:

Staley deserves the Hall more than VD tbh

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Rogue Elephant posted:

The Eli Manning HoF debate shitstorm is nigh

They elected Mongo before Antonio Gates who played forever and at a reasonably high level lol

Eli should already be in if that's the standard

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do you guys even know how the football HOF works

Mongo was a Senior inductee, not on the modern ballot. Nobody voted him over Gates or anybody else.

Also the voters don't really give a poo poo about "first ballot," that's a baseball thing. Which is why I'm very confident Eli won't get in right away.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I dislike the giants and have no reason to like Eli, but he's a first ballot lock. He has two superbowl wins, both over the Tom Brady pats. He's guaranteed.

Glad Hester got in. He's the best that's ever been at his position and there's never been another like him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Eli is going to get in but he's clearly not anywhere close to a HOF stats wise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mcmagic posted:

Eli is going to get in but he's clearly not anywhere close to a HOF stats wise.

The most important stat for a QB is ringz and he’s got two.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Eli wasn't even a top 5 QB at any point in his career. Big deal if his defense carried him to a couple rings and he got lucky on one throw.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wandler20 posted:

Eli wasn't even a top 5 QB at any point in his career. Big deal if his defense carried him to a couple rings and he got lucky on one throw.

He wasn't even top 10 if you just count the regular season.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mr. Nice! posted:

The most important stat for a QB is ringz and he’s got two.

Tell that to Phil Simms and Charlie Conerly (also famous New York quarterbacks who won titles, and neither of them got close to the Hall).

I don't think Eli is the lock y'all assume he is.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Can't tell the story of clownball without Eli. First ballot.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Eli will get in more because of his name than anything he did on the field.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Eli will get in more because of his name than anything he did on the field.

He will get in because of two passes that happened in a super bowl and he won both of them

Mongo is a weird choice when there are much better DL from around his era that haven't been elected. Why the gently caress isn't Jim Marshall in.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Benne posted:

Tell that to Phil Simms and Charlie Conerly (also famous New York quarterbacks who won titles, and neither of them got close to the Hall).

I don't think Eli is the lock y'all assume he is.

He's a lock. New York, The Giants are a white hat franchise, 2 Super Bowls, he's a well liked media friendly guy who is VERY visible, "Manning".

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
His counting stats are also good enough. Currently 10th in career passing yards and Touchdowns, and I think he was as high as 6th in Passing Yards when he retired. Efficiency stats are a different story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Spring Break My Heart posted:

His counting stats are also good enough. Currently 10th in career passing yards and Touchdowns, and I think he was as high as 6th in Passing Yards when he retired. Efficiency stats are a different story

The Frank Gore of QBs.