Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Kosmo Gallion posted:

When was the last time War Dogs and House of Torture interacted as a unit? Is David Finlay the leader of both factions or are they now completely separate? What's up with Fale, Chase, KENTA and Taiji - are they Bullet Club neutral zone? Do Ace Austin and Chris Bey ever turn up in NJPW?

Honestly after evil v finlay was both bad and didn't draw very well in the g1 I think the office was like yeah nah nobody wants to watch this as a feud and soft split the stables. Hot merch doesn't have bc branding on it.

Outside of njpw stables is just nj happy to take the licensing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Zack interview is well worth a read, though it's a bit odd it was done before the Cup started and only went up yesterday

https://www.njpw1972.com/171564

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Somehow I doubt Zack Sabre Jr would ever leave or retire with all the blood of that steel cage match in Osaka.

Zack: Absolutely not. I’m going out reading a newspaper and listening to ambient music (laughs). One day I’ll get on a train and nobody will notice I’m gone. that’s my fantasy farewell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

Zack's fantasy farewell

Taichi drives up to Zack's apartment to pick him up for work... but Zack's not there!
Taichi: :shobon:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Geeze I wonder who's getting pinned here

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kosmo Gallion posted:

When was the last time War Dogs and House of Torture interacted as a unit? Is David Finlay the leader of both factions or are they now completely separate? What's up with Fale, Chase, KENTA and Taiji - are they Bullet Club neutral zone? Do Ace Austin and Chris Bey ever turn up in NJPW?

Based on the Multiverse show from last autumn, the non-HOT guys are aligned closer together than with HOT - you had David Finlay, KENTA, and the ABC on one team without problems.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gabe Kidd's staying

https://twitter.com/GabeKidd0115/status/1769458108429169049?s=20

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
looking forward to him deposing Finlay as leader of the War Dogs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That's a real good signing for both sides as Gabe is ready to be a top star for New Japan but probably would be lost in AEW's current line up and well...Fed is the fed

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Finally some good news! Hope it was more than a one-year deal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Glad Gabe is sticking around, he's really loving good!

Also for those who didn't watch the New Japan Cup the last couple days, Finlay is out of the tournament due to being hospitalized before his match with Goto. Apparently he was having very bad vision issues, which is pretty unsettling. Hope he is okay.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Glad Gabe is sticking around, he's really loving good!

Also for those who didn't watch the New Japan Cup the last couple days, Finlay is out of the tournament due to being hospitalized before his match with Goto. Apparently he was having very bad vision issues, which is pretty unsettling. Hope he is okay.

Wow, stealing Tetsuya Naito's gimmick

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd imagine it has to be real serious since it seemed like he was going to at least make the finals. Hope he feels better and it's not super serious

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Oh good, one fewer Jr HW Title match on the calendar

i feel like devitts last run had to be the fewest times the belt was defended in a calendar year being defended i think 3 times in all of 2013?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Was there a reason they didn't pull the trigger on Devitt/Balor going up to heavyweight?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Was there a reason they didn't pull the trigger on Devitt/Balor going up to heavyweight?

he was leaving and there was still a lot of hesitancy to push gaijin of any kind even if they came up through the dojo system after the damage lesnar had done. them letting karl anderson get to the G1 finals the prior year was the biggest olive branch toward gaijin wrestlers extended since the lesnar run

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/THEdavidfinlay/status/1770985468043067615 Finlay seems to say Alex Coughlin is done.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Super j cast are miserable oafs but they aren't without sources. They were suggesting that coughlin had some decisions to make on his health heavily implying retirement could be on the cards

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave suggesting Moxley should win the title and I'm like...they want to build up Business in Japan so why would they put it on a part timer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

By all means get the belt off Naito

But for ZSJ or Tsuji or, idk, someone who’s gonna be there every show or at least conceivably could

edit: Coughlin :negative:

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 22, 2024

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

mox as champ would be cool in a vacuum, he's v cool and over. i don't want to see it unless he could work more or less full time tho and lol that aint happening

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I just don't think they should take the title off naito right now. I think that would be foolish.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thauros posted:

mox as champ would be cool in a vacuum, he's v cool and over. i don't want to see it unless he could work more or less full time tho and lol that aint happening

alvarez implied mox aint gonna be in aew much this spring, i could see him winning it at windy city riot and dropping it at either dominion or door

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's a lot of very legitimate and sensible reasons that Mox probably isn't going to win, and probably shouldn't win, the IWGP Title. However, there is a very compelling counter-argument to that which is that Mox is really loving cool.

It's certainly a conundrum!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They need someone who can move tickets in Japan and I'm not sure Mox is that. And Shooter beating Mox for the title would be a great story for overseas fans I think Shooter ending a long Naito reign would mean way more in Japan

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Moxley can win the Strong Openweight title, as a treat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They need someone who can move tickets in Japan and I'm not sure Mox is that. And Shooter beating Mox for the title would be a great story for overseas fans I think Shooter ending a long Naito reign would mean way more in Japan

You're absolutely right and Shooter definitely makes more sense, and Tsuji also has a strong case to make. I can't deny that, you absolutely have me beaten on a sensible, reasonable and likely scenario.

Moxley is REALLY loving cool though...

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

if mox wins the big one njpw has been officially reduced to a feeder league

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's certainly an argument to be made that this will be the perception.

On the other hand, Moxley is REALLY loving cool...

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mox doing a full tour would be neat, if only to show how much Shota has grown since he came back from excursion. Still, there's absolutely no chance the title changes on an American show at 9 in the morning

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, you're all right, he's not gonna win the title. It's just not going to happen.

But what if it does, though?

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I just don't think they should take the title off naito right now. I think that would be foolish.

this is probably true but on the other hand tsuji

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

after learning some things i would put money down on mox dethroning naito in chicago.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Moxley is going to become Bullet Club affiliated

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

Moxley is going to become Bullet Club affiliated

Good to see House of Torture continue to grow. Soon every match on the show can feature at least one HoT guy, even with multiman tags.

The New Japan Cup, & I'm only through the 2nd round, it hasn't been great.

ZSJ vs Narita was infuriating. It got so close to good & then HoT poo poo happened. Sigh

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 23, 2024

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The House Always Wins

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1771443858775085477

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I think as people have said their is a disconnect between Japanese fans and English on House of Torture. Like being at Wrestle Kingdom live and seeing the heat Evil got when he tried interrupt Naito's victory speech made me finally get HoT.

Now do they need to mix things up and maybe stop the run ins on every match? Yeah...But it's an over act

Also drat cool shirts too

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
things aren't looking good for NOAH right now but I think they can get back on track if just humiliate Kiyomiya a few more times

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I don't think you can look too hard at the NOAH numbers, because while I think business isn't great, last January alone they did 8,400 in Yokohama for the Sting/Darby Allin/Mutoh vs AKIRA/Shinzaki/Marufuji show & 30,000 for the Mutoh retirement show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

I don't think you can look too hard at the NOAH numbers, because while I think business isn't great, last January alone they did 8,400 in Yokohama for the Sting/Darby Allin/Mutoh vs AKIRA/Shinzaki/Marufuji show & 30,000 for the Mutoh retirement show

If you told me they were in a dead heat with Stardom I would have said that is a good result for them at this point, and that's where they are.