Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Nystral posted:

Typical Gator always ducking UCF. ;)

We play y’all this year and you will almost certainly win lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Wrestling finals start in roughly 40 minutes at 7 est on espn. Should be a very exciting night

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm loving stoked.

Two weeks ago my dad and I went to College Park for the Big Ten championship. It was so rad to so so much wrestling at once. Half the stadium was Penn State fans. Except for two years in the pandemic, we've gone to one match every year for the last decade.

Mitchell Mesenbrink with the comeback miracle win was the best match I've seen since David Taylor won gold in the last Olympics with a tie breaking takedown in the last seconds

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Komet posted:

I'm loving stoked.

Two weeks ago my dad and I went to College Park for the Big Ten championship. It was so rad to so so much wrestling at once. Half the stadium was Penn State fans. Except for two years in the pandemic, we've gone to one match every year for the last decade.

Mitchell Mesenbrink with the comeback miracle win was the best match I've seen since David Taylor won gold in the last Olympics with a tie breaking takedown in the last seconds

Yeah that match with Hamiti was completely insane. I think him vs. Carr will likely end up being the craziest match of the night tonight

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Spacebump posted:

If you could determine permanent OOC games for your favorite team/school, what would they be? In an ideal world Tulane would always play LSU, USM (Southern Mississippi), Ole Miss, and ULL. Auburn, GA Tech, and LA Tech just missed the list.

WVU would play

Pitt
PSU
UL
Cinci
VT
Maryland

You could talk me out of Maryland and into Rutgers or Miami.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I would like to see Penn State play WVU regularly again. My dad and I went to the WVU game last season and will try to get tickets in Morgantown this year.

In theory we should also play Pitt, but I feel that beating Pitt no longer gains Penn State anything, but losing is embarrassing. Maybe the teams have grown far enough apart that Pitt almost feels like Temple-level.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State locked up the team national championship already, leading 155-70. This could be the all time greatest wrestling team

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Spacebump posted:

If you could determine permanent OOC games for your favorite team/school, what would they be? In an ideal world Tulane would always play LSU, USM (Southern Mississippi), Ole Miss, and ULL. Auburn, GA Tech, and LA Tech just missed the list.

Georgia Tech's OOC opponents that we should play annually:

UGA
Auburn

ACC teams I want to continue to play annually if the ACC falls apart:

Clemson
Virginia Tech
Duke [we're each others' mutual third-most-played opponent. Neither side considers it a rivalry but I feel like that has to count for something]

OOC teams I would like to play more often:

Tennessee
Tulane
Georgia Southern

ACC (and ACC-ish) teams I would like to continue to play semi-frequently if the ACC falls apart:

Notre Dame
UNC
Miami
Pitt [not a lot of history here, but recent games outside of the Geoff Collins era have been bangers]

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
For Texas State, my permanent OOC rivals are UTSA and Sam Houston State. Any more and we're playing FCS schools.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Off topic: Kerkvliet!!!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Quiet everybody

the Vols are getting ready to literally saw the horns off of Texas on national television

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Thank god Fix lost after all of that bullshit in that match. Horrible to watch him wrestle. The eternal bridesmaid loser

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Adun posted:

I dunno the ACC poaching the best football schools from the Big East and destroying a regional rival conference 20 years ago seems pretty prescient?

Unfortunately Miami and Virginia Tech both fell off hard in football and college basketball stopped being a driver of anything in college sports. It’s not like the Big Ten or SEC were particularly better run, they just benefited from having better football schools at the top end.

The point was that nobody in New England has ever cared about college football, especially not Boston College. There's a reason that infamous Virginia tech Boston College championship game was completely empty.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

The point was that nobody in New England has ever cared about college football, especially not Boston College. There's a reason that infamous Virginia tech Boston College championship game was completely empty.

Wasn't it in like Jacksonville?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah. There were two VT-BC ACCCG's back to back in 07 and 08. Both were in Florida and very empty.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah, it took several years of empty ACC title games in Tampa and Jacksonville before they finally had to give up on the dream of Florida State and Miami both being good at the same time and playing each other for the conference title.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It wouldn't have mattered if it was played at Boston College. The school was notorious for having absolutely no fans that would travel.

No I not mad about the acc ruining the very cool and good big east which I grew up loving all the rivalries WVU had with the members etc.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

There's just no one in America that can wrestle Brooks.

There hasn't been one even remotely close match all season.

Bummer Mesenbrink lost on riding time after coming back to tie.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU crowns 4 national champs, breaks the all time points record. They also beat second place by 100 points, obliterating the old record by 30. Starocci and Brooks are both 4 time NCAA champs, making them the 6th and 7th guys to ever do it. Got real choked up after Starocci's win when he basically confirmed he wrestled the whole tournament with a torn ACL. Barely have any words for this. A performance the likes of which may never be seen again.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

loving GOAT team and some of the best wrestlers of all time. Glad I got to see this, especially twice in person this year. Looking forward to the Olympics. Brooks could be the best wrestler in Penn State history, and there have been some really great ones in the last 10-15 years

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Roasted Donut posted:

PSU crowns 4 national champs, breaks the all time points record. They also beat second place by 100 points, obliterating the old record by 30. Starocci and Brooks are both 4 time NCAA champs, making them the 6th and 7th guys to ever do it. Got real choked up after Starocci's win when he basically confirmed he wrestled the whole tournament with a torn ACL. Barely have any words for this. A performance the likes of which may never be seen again.

Jesus

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Accidentally posted in the NFL offeseason thread the first time.

Trevor Etienne got himself a got himself a DUI in Athens this morning.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Accidentally posted in the NFL offeseason thread the first time.

Trevor Etienne got himself a got himself a DUI in Athens this morning.

That was fast.

At least he wasn’t drag racing I guess.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Latest Roman Wilson vlog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTbMlmV9MnE

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quick heads up, Trevor: Athens has Uber

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kirby has lost control of the program

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Athens PD really likes arresting players at UGA

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If we're gonna talk about other collegiate sports, then...

https://x.com/OhioStateWHKY/status/1772027214961467518?s=20

WE'RE A HOCKEY SCHOOL

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cthulu Carl posted:

If we're gonna talk about other collegiate sports, then...

https://x.com/OhioStateWHKY/status/1772027214961467518?s=20

WE'RE A HOCKEY SCHOOL

Four straight in pistol, too. :clint:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

In fairness, gently caress you if you drive drunk.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KKKLIP ART posted:

In fairness, gently caress you if you drive drunk.

This is true

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Are top level college football players lovely drivers everywhere and it's just less likely to get swept under the rug in Athens or is there legit some kind of culture issue at UGA

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

PAWL I DONE CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT THAT 15 MINUTE CITY BULLSHIT IF IT MEANS APD AINT GONNA BE FUCKIN WITH KIRBYS DEPTH CHART ANYMORE

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Pakled posted:

Are top level college football players lovely drivers everywhere and it's just less likely to get swept under the rug in Athens or is there legit some kind of culture issue at UGA

19 year old boys are universally stupid and self destructive, college football has nothing to do without except it makes the news unlike the billion other kids that get busted for doing dumb poo poo.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Pakled posted:

https://twitter.com/GetRitchDieRyan/status/1771913718676312479?s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’ve generally liked Oregon scheduling one OOC game as a marquee, and one against like a MWC team or something, and every other year playing the FCS commuter school that is Portland State.

I guess now I have to say OOC we have to add the Oregon State game to that list :smith:

It still doesn’t feel real that my conference is dead and we’re playing all those Other Side of the Rose Bowl teams in-conference next year, so it’s hard to say what PAC-10/12 games otherwise I’d want to keep. Wazzu if we never have to go to Pullman, Utah, maybe Cal or Stanford…but those were always based on the team at the time, not as fundamental as playing little brother in Corvallis or the Huskies.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I got Josh Pate and Chad Simmons telling me that April 15th-30th will either make or break your program. I'm officially scared.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

they should be arresting guys for stuff like this; it was the "jailed for Emerging from an Alley" era that was the issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Does UGA have one of those huge campuses where the bars aren't walkable? When I was in school nobody drove drunk because you could walk to anywhere in about ten minutes max but when I went to visit some of my friends at bigger schools there was a lot of driving under the influence.