Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I don't remember the exact calculations, but the "to hit" chance of a weapon is extremely important, probably even more than most people think. Early on I prioritize accurate weapons over powerful ones, at least until my skills go up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I always thought it would be cool if blinding yourself prevented the stare effect. I get that it's caused by it seeing you, not making eye contact with it, but it feels like a thematically appropriate and even player-intuitive way to deal with a giant otherworldly eyeball.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I personally really enjoy the new no-points system because previously there was a huge incentive to game the system by choosing disadvantages that aren't really a disadvantage or pack on negatives that were minor or irrelevant and everything was about point cost. Almost every single post I saw about building a character was which traits to grab to get "free points". The new system feels much more about roleplaying and having fun and just picking things for the sake of trying them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Does natural stance make you faster? In my mind it obviously would, like from a vibes-based perspective, but I don't know if there's anything to back that up.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Cigarettes improve focus in the game therefore you should smoke in real life.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

worm girl posted:

One of the devs randomly decided that pain was too forgiving and now it's way more punishing than it already was. Now they're talking about how adding a fifth fatigue meter is going to fix it so we should just wait for that.

On the other hand, instability got removed so there's no more waiting for weeks every time you want to mutate.
How many times, in the history of this game, has pain, fatigue, stamina loss, etc. been amped up? I feel like every single time I play there's one new thing to give you a speed malus.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I think the game's biggest problem, both now and overall, is pretty much exactly what Worm Girl said: a ton of huge, very impactful changes get rolled out sometimes based on little more than who the contributor is, then they get left unfinished or forgotten, and along the way none of the major devs even play it.
Like "oh we're changing the hunger system so you need 1000x as many calories, but all foods are going to give 1000x calories." But then they only implement the first part for about a year and Kevin goes "I don't see what the problem is, issue closed".
Or unintentional stuff like a complete revamp to spawning or armor or some other fundamental mechanic that utterly breaks game balance but none of the top devs really care because they haven't played enough to run into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Tbh is is how I’d love all of the difficulty and progression things to be done, through settings the player can edit to suit their own tastes (preferably via an in game menu)

Many already do of course, but more would be nice!
Just reminds me of how Kevin personally vetoed the idea of having a "permanent day/permanent night" setting in the options menu.