Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Games have started or are starting tomorrow so it's probably time to get this thread up huh.

Spring Training GDT: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054867

https://i.imgur.com/99VJZlP.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I'm so excited, friends. Today is the day the Chicago Cubs re-sign Cody Bellinger

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bregor posted:

I'm so excited, friends. Today is the day the Chicago Cubs re-sign Cody Bellinger

I was gonna make a "Free Agency 2" joke in the title but the Fanatics stuff is too insane to pass up

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Greinke rumored to sign with the Red Sox

Goddammit, you keep your filthy AL East hands off my beautiful boy.

(although that article is less "predicted to" and more "one guy on the internet thinks they should sign him" so who knows)

Exodor fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 23, 2024

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Balls

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MLBTradeRumors.com is going to have to file for bankruptcy if this off-season was the new normal.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

MLB 2024: More balls in play

Thread title

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
the Rickwood Field game is a cool idea (and I think a neat reward for the city clawing back the Barons from the white flight suburbs) but having been there I have no idea how it’s actually going to work, it’s a bandbox that basically functions more as a museum

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Even as a Cards fan I cackled at this

https://x.com/JonTeegs/status/1760811238047584714?s=20

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The Cubs sent 10 batters to the plate and scored 6 runs in their first spring training inning.

The Cubs are BACK.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dameius posted:

Thread title

denied, I saw it before I made this one

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

denied, I saw it before I made this one

That's a real $manager_of_your_favorite_team move, buddy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs sent 10 batters to the plate and scored 6 runs in their first spring training inning.

The Cubs are BACK.

matt mervis has a New Swing

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

[extremely ron perlman voice] baseball... baseball never changes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jeremy Pena has a new swing that's supposed to help him hit with more power but I don't know, he became a better hitter overall when he stopped trying to swing for the fences in the second half of last season

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
has someone attempted to slide yet in spring training? did we see his entire hole?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Greeks competed naked in the Olympics, sad that these coddled millionaires are complaining about having pants that aren't opaque enough :rolleyes:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
We're in for some amazing 4K resolution 1,000 frames-per-second slow-mo videos thanks to Fanatics

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
At some point, probably pretty soon, there will be an instant replay call that hinges on whether a fielder’s glove managed to just barely brush or just barely miss a baserunner’s floppy cock and/or balls

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

elentar posted:

At some point, probably pretty soon, there will be an instant replay call that hinges on whether a fielder’s glove managed to just barely brush or just barely miss a baserunner’s floppy cock and/or balls

:911:

Do MLB players generally wear protection? Or just catchers?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mustached Demon posted:

:911:

Do MLB players generally wear protection? Or just catchers?

I think most infielders do, but I'm sure there are some who don't.

It'll be like that Robocop parody video where everyone keeps getting shot in the dick.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Most do. Adrian Beltre famously did not.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:lol:

https://twitter.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1761139799040348335/photo/1

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Surely MLB has a "these are poo poo" clause to get out of their contract with fanatics

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I think most infielders do, but I'm sure there are some who don't.

It'll be like that Robocop parody video where everyone keeps getting shot in the dick.

Fatal Farm! Part of Channel 101’s “Our Robocop Remake”; I know a couple of the folks who had their dicks blown off in that scene

meanwhile MLB is straight up lying about the balls issue

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1761146751967269079?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 24, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

elentar posted:

not the first time they've lied about the balls

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

fess up, which one of you is this?

https://twitter.com/Josh_Frydman/status/1761132465173954893

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
my partner and I are staying in Pittsburgh on April 7th and will go to the Pirates/Orioles game before driving to see the eclipse the following morning. if we're in town just for that Sunday (I can maybe swing Saturday evening if there's a good reason), what are one or two cool Pittsburgh things we should look at doing after the game? museums, parks, bars, galleries, restaurants, whatever you got

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

elentar posted:

Fatal Farm! Part of Channel 101’s “Our Robocop Remake”; I know a couple of the folks who had their dicks blown off in that scene

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1761146751967269079?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A
So MLB's response is just gaslighting?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Honestly, I don't understand half these newfangled stats -- xCHUB, SACK%+? In my day there was only one number we cared about: Ho/LE.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

I loving hate this league

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Is there a better way to follow NPR and KBO than reddit, which isn't particularly great at that anyways?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

bees x1000 posted:

Is there a better way to follow NPR and KBO than reddit, which isn't particularly great at that anyways?

radio works pretty well, although I usually tune out when there is a pledge drive

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I loving hate this league

I'm a big fan of Ian H a pp though

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm a big fan of Ian H a pp though

Fanatics has gone all out to showcase the PP

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'm disappointed that Kodai Senga is not ITBSOHL.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

Fanatics has gone all out to showcase the PP

Baseball is a game of inches.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://x.com/mariners_luke/status/1761062326965334471?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004