Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My instincts are telling me to ##vote AFQM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Hal Incandenza posted:

My instincts are telling me to ##vote AFQM

Your scum instincts maybe

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Your scum instincts maybe

I lost those a long time ago

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I want to believe in AFQM's innocence.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I will not vote AFQM today. I probably won't vote AFQM tomorrow either. I don't expect to live to day 3 so we'll play that one by ear.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I accept my instincts may in fact be wrong

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah let’s ##vote Opop his speculation is scummy

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I thought Hal posting a lot meant he's town but Imm not sure anymore

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Have I posted a lot?

Also your thought is wrong, as always my posting volume is based on availability and not alignment

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also your thought is wrong, as always

Rude

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah let’s ##vote Opop his speculation is scummy

In what way? Nobody's really explained that one yet

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Oh I can hammer. Hmm.

Opop's case is weird, but is it scummy? Perhaps.

##vote Opop

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Opopanax is hammered!

Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (4): AFancyQuestionMark, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, wins32767, Hal Incandenza, CubicalSucrose
AFancyQuestionMark (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
wins32767 (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
wologar (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (3): Johnny Keats, Opopanax, wologar

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2024 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 29 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Opopanax - Chaotic Evil -Scum aligned was removed on day 1.

It is night 1!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Johnny Keats - Chaotic Good - town aligned was killed on night 1!

It is now day 2

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Johnny Keats posted:

I got the exact alignment anybody would assign me. And from that you can all guess it, I'm sure. I doubt there is rhyme or reason to the flavor honestly.

CapitalistPig posted:

Johnny Keats - Chaotic Good - town aligned was killed on night 1!

It is now day 2

Flabbergasted that it wasn't Chaotic Neutral.

Dear all, is everyone vanilla or are we not getting full flips?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (5): AFancyQuestionMark, CubicalSucrose, Hal Incandenza, wins32767, wologar

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 29th, 2024 at 6 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wologar posted:

Flabbergasted that it wasn't Chaotic Neutral.

Dear all, is everyone vanilla or are we not getting full flips?

Actually, I think it would be best if nobody answers this.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CubicalSucrose posted:

I will not vote AFQM today. I probably won't vote AFQM tomorrow either. I don't expect to live to day 3 so we'll play that one by ear.

Cube, why did you not expect to live to Day 3?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Cube, why did you not expect to live to Day 3?

I generally don't expect to live to Day 2. And this game has many fewer players than normal.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote wins

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: Oh no! I think Opopanax is hammered!

Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (4): AFancyQuestionMark, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, wins32767, Hal Incandenza, CubicalSucrose
AFancyQuestionMark (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
wins32767 (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
wologar (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (3): Johnny Keats, Opopanax, wologar

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2024 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 29 minutes.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Um, why wins? I believe he and Fancy look the best out of everyone.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Um, why wins? I believe he and Fancy look the best out of everyone.

Has to be scum on the vote, wasn't me. AFQM looks great. Could be Hal I guess but I think wins looks worse in retrospect because it's a "safer" vote.

I suppose it's plausible it's AFQM still, would need to reread uhh...Bone Zone.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Wologar, you are the only player still alive not voting for Opopanax, can I have your reasoning?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Alright, we've eliminated one of the scum, so I believe there's some space to try things.

The op frowns on "night action bingo" but I believe D2 is the optimal time to do this with so few players left and an eliminated scum.

I am a tracker. I tracked cube, he visited no one. Since I don't believe there were 3 scum (if so, wtf) I believe this clears him in our low power game.

Therefore, scum must be one of wins, hal and wologar.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Now personally, my instincts say hal, because of their underexplained vote shift D1, but I am open to other suggestions

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Now personally, my instincts say hal, because of their underexplained vote shift D1, but I am open to other suggestions

Interesting, I would say it would be spotty play to put the third and probably ultimately deciding vote on my scumbro with quite a bit of time left in the day in a game of this size. Not that it couldn't happen, but it wouldn't be where my first instinct would go if the positions were reversed.

And I don't think it was all that underexplained, I had said previously that Opop seemed to be going down a weird path with unhelpful scumteam-size commentary.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Interesting, I would say it would be spotty play to put the third and probably ultimately deciding vote on my scumbro with quite a bit of time left in the day in a game of this size. Not that it couldn't happen, but it wouldn't be where my first instinct would go if the positions were reversed.

And I don't think it was all that underexplained, I had said previously that Opop seemed to be going down a weird path with unhelpful scumteam-size commentary.

Then why was your first instinct to vote me after I started the vote on Opop based on this same scumteam size concern?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
##vote hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Then why was your first instinct to vote me after I started the vote on Opop based on this same scumteam size concern?

Well to be fair I wasn't paying a super lot of attention to that at the time and it was just a ~vibe~ I had from your early posting, but I also reconsidered once I had time to think more (as I pointed out in the thread)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ah the old "this person revised their reads after taking more things into account so they must be scum" attitude

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

My bias is towards voting known aggressive-busser-in-small-games Hal today, but I could be talked out of it with a compelling case. Fancy does look more suspicious after that tracker claim out of no where.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Has to be scum on the vote, wasn't me. AFQM looks great. Could be Hal I guess but I think wins looks worse in retrospect because it's a "safer" vote.

I suppose it's plausible it's AFQM still, would need to reread uhh...Bone Zone.

This is pretty dumb logic. Why are you ruling Wolo out entirely?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Opopanax posted:

The game had, at that point, been open for 8 hours, and at the time you made that post it was 2am here by my count.
If you disagree with the post I made that's one thing, but making up reasons to justify voting me is not a great look. Fancy/Cube playing aggressive scum

This makes me feel somewhat better about Cube and Fancy.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

wins32767 posted:

My bias is towards voting known aggressive-busser-in-small-games Hal today, but I could be talked out of it with a compelling case. Fancy does look more suspicious after that tracker claim out of no where.

We have 5 living players left, with likely only 1 scum. This is exactly the time to claim a role that clears someone. If we had started with 15 games and eventually reached this stage you wouldn't bat an eye on that claim coming out

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
*15 players

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

We have 5 living players left, with likely only 1 scum. This is exactly the time to claim a role that clears someone. If we had started with 15 games and eventually reached this stage you wouldn't bat an eye on that claim coming out

You clearly don't know me that well. I definitely would have. If Cube was under pressure it's smart to claim him. Better play is to breadcrumb the result.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wins32767 posted:

This is pretty dumb logic. Why are you ruling Wolo out entirely?

Because Wolo gimmicked D1 and has never done that as scum before. I'm going to "get got" by this at some point but I'm gonna trust the long-term meta for now.

I actually feel worse about AFQM after that claim.

##unvote

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I was always in favor of claiming D2 and mechanically solving the game. Even if you vote me here, you would get a confirmed clear on cube, narrowing the suspects for D3, which together with voting patterns and night action bingo should enable a town win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Wologar, you are the only player still alive not voting for Opopanax, can I have your reasoning?

From the moment I rolled Neutral Good, I knew I would not vote D1. Now that an uncontestable malefactor has been revealed, that approach goes out the window.