Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hal Incandenza posted:

I still think it’s weird you’d think wolo was super townie, nothing wologar has said about how he had suspicion of cube after fancy said he tracked him going nowhere makes sense, unless he really did think cube was a ninja, but it doesn’t appear he was thinking that at the time

That's because my suspicion is from before Fancy claimed his track, even if I posted it after he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Wolo, cube, hal, where ya'll gonna vote?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

wins32767 posted:

You or Hal, I haven't had a chance to review yet.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

You or Hal, I haven't had a chance to review yet.

19 hours, should be fine. Expect to get my reading and voting done before sleep.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins32767 posted:

Most likely wologar. I’ve finally come back home after a long trip so I’m going to do the cube and look at things with fresh eyes in the morning, you’d probably be my second choice or maaaaybe fancy

I actually forgot who the other player is at the moment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No I didn’t, I just forgot how math works

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wins32767 posted:

Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m positive I’m not scum though

How could true neutral ever be scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It’s not false neutral

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Please have the decency to let me survive until the morning so I can tell you who the scum is before I’m gone. I want to be able to gloat later

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s not false neutral

lol

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m positive I’m not scum though

How could true neutral ever be scum

You may be the type of True Neutral that stays so because they never commit to anything! Truly the worst type of scum.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Please have the decency to let me survive until the morning so I can tell you who the scum is before I’m gone. I want to be able to gloat later

I will grant you such decency. No guarantees for the others.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

I will grant you such decency. No guarantees for the others.

Er. I guess I'm the one being decent here? Hard to say. Need to sleep soon.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Eight hours to deadline. How is that reread going, gents?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I am still thinking hal

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Eight hours to deadline. How is that reread going, gents?

I am trying to be decent! But I'd rather vote wins over Hal.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

CubicalSucrose posted:

I am trying to be decent! But I'd rather vote wins over Hal.

Why?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Weird early setup spec, vote on Opop looks worse, has an early bus statement without a vote (later votes). Makes a chain-into-Hal statement yesterday. Never says why not Wolo.

Hal is a bit scattered, self-defense, seems more earnest in solving efforts.

We'll see what they come up with, if they asked me to be decent and don't deliver, then I might go with a principle vote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here now, going to give my thoughts on everyone alive

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK, start with Cube.

Posting is fair, the opop vote, then unvote, then somewhat oddly worded hammer on Opop again with a decent amount of time to go maybe a little suspicious, but today seems to be interested in actually scum hunting more.

Biggest thing though is the tracker result. For Cube to be scum it would need to be one of the following:

Two scum alive, fancy and cube
Two scum alive, cube and some sort of busdriving role
One scum alive, cube is some sort of ninja

I refuse to believe the first two could be possible, so that just leaves cube as a ninja-type role. Certainly could be a thing and the tracker role is only designed to catch Opop and it really is essentially an almost all vanilla game (unless someone else has a role they have kept hidden)

So I wouldn't say it's impossible for it to be cube, but as of now he is at the bottom of my list I think.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Fancy...

Pretty decent posting yesterday, although less there than I thought originally. It would be a very bold move to bus your scummate out of the gate and not really look anywhere else, and also pretty bold to fake-claim tracker. I don't really like the sort of focus on me today of course, I get there aren't many options but fancy hasn't really provided much of a reason it would be me over anyone else (besides cube)

There is of course a world where there is a scum tracker or it could be possible that scum are both vanilla and fancy figured it was worth the risk of assuming there was no tracker, but that is a lot of bold moves in one game, and it would be tough to provide reasons why you were alive tomorrow after that claim, so I have to think fancy is town, just misguided at the moment.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wologar...

I have kind of gone over the weirdness I felt from wologar today already so I won't rehash it. I just feel the whole thing about putting cube on their suspicion list with no other explanation after they were tracked going nowhere feels off, even if they supposedly had suspicion of cube yesterday. The subsequent responses were not convincing to me.

I would also note that Wologar didn't vote for Opop, and while wolo wasn't leaping to Opop's defense, there was definitely engagement between those two that was very surface level and non-committal to anything.

I may be a little tunneled on wolo but I'm getting that scummy feeling here

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I have still yet to read a convincing explanation why hal decided to vote me D1 then swerve onto Opop allegedly for the same reason as me. What prompted the change? Why was I read as scum first and then very quickly switched to town?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wins!

I thought wins had done a lot more than he had. Really only two posts yesterday, an unexplained opop vote and another post setting me up as opop's scumbro if opop flips scum. Then today right back on the hal train using what was essentially a joke series of games as an excuse to say I am a known busser in small games. I mean if you read those games they are NOT an example that would carry over to any normal game of mafia. Also said wolo has been super townie and when I asked for an explanation I got nothing (I think I asked... if I somehow am not recalling that right, consider this me asking)

Wins can be a very calculating later player, and I have been on the receiving end of some hard busses from him in the past and I would absolutely see him doing that here and setting me up to be next and laying the groundwork for going after fancy tomorrow with posts like this

wins32767 posted:

Cube, if EXLO is you, me and Fancy think pretty hard about why that is.

After doing that reread my suspicion of wins is much higher, to the point where now I am torn between him and wolo as the scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I have still yet to read a convincing explanation why hal decided to vote me D1 then swerve onto Opop allegedly for the same reason as me. What prompted the change? Why was I read as scum first and then very quickly switched to town?

Very quickly was an entire day later when I woke up and read the game and thought about things more and wasn't posting off-the-cuff so much

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

My instincts are telling me to ##vote AFQM

10pm gut read

Hal Incandenza posted:

I accept my instincts may in fact be wrong

5am woke up and realized my gut was not based on much

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah let’s ##vote Opop his speculation is scummy

9am awake and had time to reread everything

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote wins32767

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Like there's a chance wins just soulread the game D1 off of like zero content and the Opop->Hal chain is correct. But I don't think that's the most likely scenario.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry got pulled into work for a bit

After looking at content again I’m good to ##vote wins, wologar if nothing else looks to be trying harder to actually solve things, wins really isn’t at all

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I would really prefer hal here but I'll switch to wins to get us an execute today if no one changes their mind closer to deadline

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
These last few posts of Hal read townie, but I've been townreading wins since Opop's flip (plus he says I'm town :v:).

It can't be Fancy or Cube, though, so there are no more options.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry got pulled into work for a bit

After looking at content again I’m good to ##vote wins, wologar if nothing else looks to be trying harder to actually solve things, wins really isn’t at all

Rereading wins, it's true that there is not much there. However, the few times I've played with him, he seems to appear sporadically, give a few comments (sometimes complaining about people complaining about him lurking) and fade into the shadows again.

I didn't think much of this comment when it happened, but upon reread it could be seen as pressuring the thread to hammer:

wins32767 posted:

I think we have a majority for Hal at this point.

Then again, if that happened and Hal flipped town, that would have painted wins in a bad light, so maybe not.

There's so much wine in Elysium!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
May the Morninglord himself bless us so this day can be the last.

##vote Hal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hal Incandenza really stepped in it this time!

Votecount for Day 2

Hal Incandenza (3): AFancyQuestionMark, wins32767, wologar
wins32767 (2): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (0):

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 29th, 2024 at 6 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 11 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
hal incandenza - true neutral - self aligned survivor was removed on day 2!

It is night 2

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
CubicalSucrose - Lawful Good - town aligned was killed on night 2.

It is Day 3

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (3): AFancyQuestionMark, wins32767, wologar

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Well that's interesting. AFQM, what'd you do last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

wins32767 posted:

Well that's interesting. AFQM, what'd you do last night?

track you, you didn't visit anyone, so...

##vote wologar