Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

She just was really bad at jumping and couldn’t get enough lift to ever succeed on the challenge they thought was coming (jump off a raised platform in the ocean and grab a key on the way down)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

I'm two episodes behind but what do y'all mean "she doesn't know how to jump"? Like the act of standing up too much so that you are off the ground for a second, or like a proper specific jump like long jumping?

She admitted to the tribe that she can't jump so there was a montage of them trying to teach her to jump

Girl had like a 4 inch vertical

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Not even 4 inch. She like mechanically wasn't even jumping, just like throwing her legs behind/in front of her. My wife and I couldn't make heads or tails of what she was trying to do.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Shoutouts to Lydia, queen of No Jump

(also I hate how survivorgif looks but what hell, it was useful for this)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Studio posted:

Shoutouts to Lydia, queen of No Jump

(also I hate how survivorgif looks but what hell, it was useful for this)

No this is perfect and should be in the next season OP multiple times.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I'm two episodes behind but what do y'all mean "she doesn't know how to jump"? Like the act of standing up too much so that you are off the ground for a second, or like a proper specific jump like long jumping?

her attempts at jumping seemed to be 90% hand motions. it was bizarre

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CODChimera posted:

what the gently caress was that jumping business?

weird loving show. i've watched S3 + S4 of Survivor Au so far and yeah its a lot better, starting S5 and dear god RUSSELL ?????

Don't worry about Russell in Australian Survivor... He gets voted out at the 2nd tribal with an idol around his neck...

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

CODChimera posted:

her attempts at jumping seemed to be 90% hand motions. it was bizarre

I feel like she thinks jumping is lifting your legs up into the air instead of pushing your feet down into the ground

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shemp the Stooge posted:

I feel like she thinks jumping is lifting your legs up into the air instead of pushing your feet down into the ground

I could not figure out how she was so bad at it but drat this is the perfect way to describe it

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Jeff saying in the challenge "Might as well jump" after Ben referenced that very same Van Halen song seemed pretty scripted.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shemp the Stooge posted:

Hahaha sometimes I have dreams where I can sorta fly, but it's always like that, it's not proper superhero or bird or jet flying, it's like pulling up from the bottom of yourself somehow.

Gonna watch now bc I gotta see this.

Haha I like rock guy. "That does NOT rock."

Didn't come for a million dollars, but a million hearts. Such bloodlust!

Kind of wish Q's sudden Bhanu pivot worked, if only because I totally can see Kenzie flipping on the others once merged or swapped.

Hahaha Bhanu immediately torpedoing himself at start of latest episode. Man, just not cut out to play this game, wow. I love the curse of the poker metaphor too, jelynsky and bhanu both failing at it.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 22, 2024

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I started titans vs rebels and I was rooting for Eden because he reminds me of Matthew Lillard. But his whole thing of movie references as a personality got real old real fast.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
okay i saw the jumping and just lmao. it's like she's falling and catching herself before falling faceplanting. I'm really curious what happens if she goes on a trampoline.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

okay i saw the jumping and just lmao. it's like she's falling and catching herself before falling faceplanting. I'm really curious what happens if she goes on a trampoline.

tweeted this question at her and saw her shop.
https://mogaynor.com/

lol at the hat

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CODChimera posted:

It’s what happens when a tribe that doesn’t ever lose and has no conflict desperately needs content for someone

Short term it means Moriah’s stock goes up a little, the way it was presented

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CODChimera posted:

Nobody had any swimming / heights fears so they had to find the white person that can't jump.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They need to do a reward challenge where the jump training shoes from the 90s are on the line.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

obliriovrons posted:

Hey the seventh episode of the season is named Episode Several

Catching up on this thread now after watching late and had to make sure I lol'd at this.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Jeff saying in the challenge "Might as well jump" after Ben referenced that very same Van Halen song seemed pretty scripted.

I dunno a rich white guy in his 60s referencing a popular Van Halen song in an appropriate context doesn't seem like a huge stretch

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Demon_Corsair posted:

I started titans vs rebels and I was rooting for Eden because he reminds me of Matthew Lillard. But his whole thing of movie references as a personality got real old real fast.
yeah in the Aus Survivor thread i said something like when did being a nerd go from like reciting poetry Fishbach style to just quoting the most popular mass appeal media products imaginable? That said I think Eden seems like a cool enough dude

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm rewatching Tocantins right now and I haven't seen Fishbach reciting any poetry.

Poor guy though, even if he'd cut JT Taj would have beaten him. He might have beaten Erinn but I'm not sure how deeply the Timbira salt ran.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Would you expect any less from the former host of “Rock n Roll Jeopardy”?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Studio posted:

tweeted this question at her and saw her shop.
https://mogaynor.com/

lol at the hat

This shop gives me the opposite of Carson's shop vibes -- maybe because any purchases are going to charity?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm rewatching Tocantins right now and I haven't seen Fishbach reciting any poetry.
It was Second Chances

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

curiousCat posted:

This shop gives me the opposite of Carson's shop vibes -- maybe because any purchases are going to charity?

getting the vibe that Moriah is cool and good???

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
She seems cool and good but pre-game apparel shops will always be cringe.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Studio posted:

getting the vibe that Moriah is cool and good???

Not at jumping, clearly

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

She seems cool and good but pre-game apparel shops will always be cringe.

If you have a business opportunity, you got to jump on it right away.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

It was Second Chances

But Coach did set the standard with the great orator Marcus Aurelius :haw:

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 23, 2024

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Coach still top 5 character all time

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I watch the show with my fam and I think it gives me lots of small chances for teaching moments. For example, Bhanu should stop asking God for help and focus that energy on helping himself.

He was great. Best player since Colton imo

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m not sure you can call yourself a super fan if every decision you make is the exact opposite of what someone who actually watches the show should make.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Invalid Validation posted:

I’m not sure you can call yourself a super fan if every decision you make is the exact opposite of what someone who actually watches the show should make.

Bhanu was an unreliable narrator and I have doubts about both his having watched every season and life story of growing up in poverty.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea I thought it was a little convenient how much of his life story was left out when he went from jungle hut to *insert a bunch of time where he somehow got multiple degrees and immigrated to the US*.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Bhanu also complained that he's not an actor so he does not know how to lie or hide his emotions.

Also Bhanu:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm14003069/

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

finally finished this week's episode

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I think the show desperately needs more people that do weird stuff that feels right to them in the moment and inconveniences the people who are trying to do the most thought-out game move at all times, it being all the latter people has gotten boring

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Watching this season after not watching since like 2005 since a podcast I like said the first two episodes were unhinged (and we liked their Traitors recommendation). Don't have much to compare it to, but we're thoroughly enjoying the ridiculousness. Having interesting challenges that actually matter compared to Traitors is nice.

I'm having to look up all these things I don't know like New Era, shot in the dark, etc. Crazy that there are so many seasons.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Nihonniboku posted:

Bhanu also complained that he's not an actor so he does not know how to lie or hide his emotions.

Also Bhanu:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm14003069/

What a dickhead.