Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Horner deffo hosed that lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
U get me like a ferrari engine babe

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It rules that they didn't bcc. I hope someone replied all

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Alpine absolutely sucking poo poo while their drivers hate each other so can't even do things like "set up a tow and he will pay you back at the next race" is going to be hilarious all year, because there's no way they are making the car good.

They are my favorite.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

Corinna and Michael level flirting

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Do you think Horner was corny/cool enough to make a "getting Bahrain" joke?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lologan

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Witeldram posted:

What was that sound Logan let out lol

He brought a mini tape recorder and played a clip from the Horner files

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

Max would win even if he could only race on hard tires the entire year

He should start every race on mediums, pit for hards on lap one and race from the back no more tire changes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Orange Crush Rush posted:

just remember, as bad as this is
there's always Monaco

Monaco has nice vistas for the procession, also usually a few funny mishaps

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's honestly amazing that the fia and ioc couldn't work something out to put Motorsport in the Olympics

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Who's stupid idea was it to put the race on at the same time as the rubgy

Muhammad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
There's so little going on overall in f1 fantasy they might as well punish not being able to set up a lineup which is the absolute minimum of any fantasy sports

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ewe2 posted:

Sorry, no that's bullshit. It's partly car limitations and driver limitations. It's always a mix of the two.

For an example that's pretty unfair, see Perez and Verstappen. Why Verstappen? He's one of maybe 5 individuals in the sport's history who can be said to not be limited by a car. That would include Senna, Prost, Schumacher and probably someone in the 50's/60's I don't know about. Perez has a driving style that can be disturbed by a car's design like the 2023RB which favoured Verstappen. This year the car works a lot more like Perez's style, it won't affect Verstappen, he can still drive away from the pack but Perez is having a much better time. Not dealing with the limitations probably makes it psychologically easier to get into a driving rhythm (the zone), that's probably the kind of issue Leclerc is having for example. Verstappen simply doesn't have this issue, he doesn't seem to be at risk of that kind of doubt.

That is why car limits aren't the whole story and we can think of other examples, take Hamilton and the problems Mercedes cars have had in the last 3 years. The GOAT can't drive out of those issues because he is not that kind of unicorn, its not a failing it's just the facts.

Reminder, I'm not saying drivers can't be at fault, but it's more complex than what you actually want which is blaming the car so your favoured little boy isn't to blame. Sorry, that's bullshit, your little boy has to drive the car too.

Wow racism

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Everyone thinks it's Neweys aero but it's the Jew blood in the red paint

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

F1 needs less money in it so it can be like IndyCar, where drivers can be sponsored by the Bon Jovi radio channel on SiriusXM, or NASCAR, where there’s going to be a race called the Call811.com Before You Dig 250

To be fair the call 811.com every dig every time 200 is xfinity series and there's nothing stopping F2 from going nuts.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Cars peaked with the Mk4 Golf

Are you the weenie kid from ff1?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Post bonos, not boners

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I used to drive a 1989 Volvo 240 wagon (no turbo). That car ruled, just absurdly dangerous in the snow.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Gen x Coldplay

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean this has the outside possibility of a "man killed by elaborate device of his own making" death that we all love.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ethanol posted:

has anybody else noticed that the dutch posters are really uppity lately

Not in terms of elevation.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Sara's the best

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'm seeing double 40 yukis

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ethanol posted:

agreed should cancel the rest of this season because watching is pointless until lewis is in the red car

Mick Jagger is coming for you if you see a black car and want it painted red.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I see rain on the weekend forecast, hopefully just a little.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zedd posted:

Can't believe I'm gonna engage in the coffeeposting but alas.
I had to look this up / make sure I wasn't reading this wrong; cause isn't that like 95% of all at-home coffee makers that aren't some posh bean grinding one?

They all look vaguely like this thing:

You put the water in the reservoir, toss in a filter and some ground up coffee and press the button. Just a basic coffee maker.
What the gently caress are they using where you live? Just a kettle and a pot of instant coffee?

Dutch garbage

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

who hasn't won a coffee machine in a card game

Now I'm just imagining the Elizabeth Taylor white diamonds commercial but she throws a v60 on the table

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

hifi posted:

Anyone else think that if america really put their hearts in it they could put together a car and team that would whoop the best of europe (max verstappen)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Mess w/ the best die like the rest

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
This sky production is really bad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Why is Sky doing skeleton crews and studio time for so many races this year?

I heard this sport is tight on money these days

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Are we not getting brundle on the grid?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cataffy posted:

They really should just go for the Tokyo Drift song instead

Imo:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxep-gS-Btg

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Every day Logan keeps winning through his family oildeath and you can't stop his winning

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Anime Store Adventure posted:

That race felt so close to fun if you do the usual “ignore Red Bull” and if it just had one more swirl of chaos somewhere after lap 30. Instead it was a snoozer.

The biggest problem with the rest of the race was that the McLaren/ferrari place swap all happened through tire strategy and they barely went head-to-head at all.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I want 1960 car chassis and tires but modern engines

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They should also move back to the 1960s configuration of Fuji which just had a big ramp that killed dudes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Williams forgot to draw the kanban card when they checked out the last chassis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

wicka posted:

People in my company noticed that our ancient, lovely reporting script only reliably ran after a reboot, so they suggested forcing every computer to reboot weekly so we'd have recent data. I wish I was kidding.

If I were in charge I'd just schedule a weekly power interrupt