Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean that's not totally unreasonable to me if scum has some way of keeping Opop in check so that his information is useless. It's a pretty common scum gambit to leave a PR alive if you have someone loving with their results every night.

I'm not saying Opop isn't scum rn, I'm just entertaining the counterargument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

really?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cloacamazing! posted:

Anarc probably tracked Opop Night 2 and didn't have an action Night 1 because according to their claim they only inherited Plastic's role after his death Night 1.

I also found this quote, which is pretty great now.

oh yeah there was the drip-fed comment that opop went nowhere.

so it seems like n2 opop, n3 zoya

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and skimming ahead i see you're confirming opop visiting wolo.

so you saw wolo go somewhere, zoya no where.

opop see's no one visit his three targets at all?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Idle corrections to dumb thoughts I had: If it was just "first non-vanilla townie to die" shouldn't TPC have inherited Cube's Umpire instead of cob's Billboard?

We've seen the billboard in action so I don't know if that's really anything, and despite seemingly being Town Cube's role did sound a bit like a 3rd Party, but I digress.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Monathin posted:

I mean that's not totally unreasonable to me if scum has some way of keeping Opop in check so that his information is useless. It's a pretty common scum gambit to leave a PR alive if you have someone loving with their results every night.

I'm not saying Opop isn't scum rn, I'm just entertaining the counterargument.

so we have two masons, two role backups, 1 watcher, 1 tracker, and one jailer. it'll be really strange if theres a redirector because it doesnt fit with the group at all. feels like we're missing a doc more than anything.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Monathin posted:

Idle corrections to dumb thoughts I had: If it was just "first non-vanilla townie to die" shouldn't TPC have inherited Cube's Umpire instead of cob's Billboard?

We've seen the billboard in action so I don't know if that's really anything, and despite seemingly being Town Cube's role did sound a bit like a 3rd Party, but I digress.

oh lmao I forgot about cube and keats. a night vig + a day vig too.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

I actually asked the mods about this on night two because I was confused, and they said it was because cubes ability was not from his role but from his town assignment

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I could see redirector if you're assuming jailer as a combination protective/roleblock role.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hambeet posted:

and skimming ahead i see you're confirming opop visiting wolo.

so you saw wolo go somewhere, zoya no where.

opop see's no one visit his three targets at all?

ANarc is a Tracker not a watcher

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I actually asked the mods about this on night two because I was confused, and they said it was because cubes ability was not from his role but from his town assignment

Huh. That weirdly confirms the thing Wologar said of scum probably having additional abilities not tied to their role.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

Er wait no I messed up wording, brain bad today. They saw me visit wolo not wolo go where ever

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually a redirector would also work with the way roles were assigned.

All the roles as given out (Messenger, 2 Masons, 2 Backups, Tracker, Watcher, Jailer, Dayvig) are roles that don't typically have an alignment assigned to them or can be both scum or town.

I'm actually starting to believe Anarc now, poo poo.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

By flavor, Nightvig was probably randomly assigned to a VT after captains picked their teams.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

Just lol if TPC forgot about Cube when fakeclaiming.

Nice save, but I still want it to be the case!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

By flavor, Nightvig was probably randomly assigned to a VT after captains picked their teams.

We have a nightvig?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wologar posted:

We have a nightvig?

Oh, Cube. Nvm.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

wologar posted:

We have a nightvig?

Had, Cube had two kills at night

mods posted:

CubicalSucrose, TOWN-Aligned Short Stop Umpire has been taken off the field!

quote:
You are playing Short Stop! As part of the infield you are too busy playing the game of baseball to focus on anything else. You are Vanilla and have no night actions. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated. But also, you were picked last! Again! Every time you get picked last! (Mod note: You weren't actually picked last, this was random.)

Well, this time you'll show them. You volunteered to be the umpire for the game, the impartial arbiter of rules and fair-play. In truth you are anything but impartial, your goal now is to make those coaches pay. If you are still alive and both coaches have been eliminated from the game you may ##abscond at any time. If you do so you will leave the game and be victorious. To that end you plan to abuse your umpire powers to toss players out of the game. Once per night you may target a player with the ##Toss out of Game. That player will be eliminated. You have two activations of this power for the entire game. However, if you use both activations, and there are still coaches left in play, you will be eliminated for abuse of your powers.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Opopanax posted:

I know she’s a tracker which is why I phrased her seeing her targets go somewhere or no where?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh wait I did say wolo instead of opop in that sentence that mentions zoya. That’s a typo.

Doesn’t change that I know she’s not a watcher.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Er wait no I messed up wording, brain bad today. They saw me visit wolo not wolo go where ever

Ahh yeah okay just my typo

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Cloaca has seemed scummy this game to me because of the lurking, but after the Zoya flip and because of her headache explanation, it is possible to explain with real world circumstances. Opop and anarc seems so much stranger to me on a mechanical level on top of their lurkiness

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean those real world circumstances could also be "lurking scum now realizes they're close to winning the game and has to play".

I still don't like the way she immediately assumed a connection the second two people moves off opop.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cloaca has seemed scummy this game to me because of the lurking, but after the Zoya flip and because of her headache explanation, it is possible to explain with real world circumstances. Opop and anarc seems so much stranger to me on a mechanical level on top of their lurkiness

Clos sudden activity after zoya flipping seems counter productive to scum on home stretch though. Like it stands out more, no?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Although cloaca could be a redirector, and that's why she was willing to bat for a tracker she could keep in her pocket

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

I mean those real world circumstances could also be "lurking scum now realizes they're close to winning the game and has to play".

I still don't like the way she immediately assumed a connection the second two people moves off opop.
yeah the quick connection is a bit icky

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

hambeet posted:

Clos sudden activity after zoya flipping seems counter productive to scum on home stretch though. Like it stands out more, no?

You're not wrong, the way that she seems to have suddenly activated when in her own words:

Cloacamazing! posted:

We have an entirely fresh scumteam around, no investigative role has provided any hint on who they could be

Does make more sense as scum trying to finish the job

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You're not wrong, the way that she seems to have suddenly activated when in her own words:

That comment really reads to me like TMI, but my battering average (doho, dohoho) this game has been poo poo, so.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

So you're thinking that she reacted that way in order to try and secure the opop vote, rather than protect anarc?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So you're thinking that she reacted that way in order to try and secure the opop vote, rather than protect anarc?

That's the read I got from it, yeah. It's why I'm currently sitting on "one of opop or clo is scum but probably not both", and her vote still being on opop.

There's also these comments which is just blaring sirens in my ears:

Cloacamazing! posted:

If Opop was town, scum could have rushed him already.

Cloacamazing! posted:

He's either scum or there is/was scum on his vote.

This feels like TMI and also Clo trying to push responsibility for someone else voting Opop onto someone else in the final day.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Notably at the time the people on Opop were you, Clo, and wologar.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

without gaming the mod, i'm not sure about a bus driver / redirector. if it was a scum role (and we've not had a town claim of one), it'd give that team a serious advantage over the other team.

seems like a convenient way to excuse away a lack of results.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm confused, i feel like you agree with me, but have a different conclusion that is at odds with what i'm saying?

maybe i've been having a stroke this morning.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I probably won't vote outside AN/Opop today.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

wologar posted:

No thoughts on Clo at all?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

That's the read I got from it, yeah. It's why I'm currently sitting on "one of opop or clo is scum but probably not both", and her vote still being on opop.

There's also these comments which is just blaring sirens in my ears:

This feels like TMI and also Clo trying to push responsibility for someone else voting Opop onto someone else in the final day.

yeah the assumption of a possible rush today seems tmi w/r/t numbers of who is and isn't on opop.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

No thoughts on Clo at all?

My thoughts are that she may be town.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I feel like I would like you to supplement these thoughts because the way I'm looking at it, Clo looks like a scum who overplayed her hand.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

I feel like I would like you to supplement these thoughts because the way I'm looking at it, Clo looks like a scum who overplayed her hand.

I've generally seen Clo at her scummiest when she's town.

AN and Opop feel linked to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wologar posted:

i'm still fine with opop for what i said yesterday. in addition, i'm kinda bugged by his n1 target of gulag. seems like a target you pick to see what town visit, not what scum visit, if you know what i mean? like, a returning player is rarely going to be offed n1. maybe that's just me.

i'm actually okay with his n2 target of you (wolo) from a town mindset.

n3 anarc ehhhh i'm not sure on. sub optimal at worst, i guess.

no results across the three of them though.. monathin's point that they seem to be considered, 'safe' targets, rather than informative ones.