Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What do we think about trading for Diontae Johnson? Not a lot of size but gets open.

https://twitter.com/zk_ffb/status/1766500702564528403?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

What do we think about trading for Diontae Johnson? Not a lot of size but gets open.

https://twitter.com/zk_ffb/status/1766500702564528403?s=46

You like drops, right? They are fun to watch.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I would not touch a receiver the Steelers are looking to move on from.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Lockett staying in Seattle.... bleh

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

tarbrush posted:

I would not touch a receiver the Steelers are looking to move on from.

Yeah, it's basically a guaranteed waste of money and/or draft capital at this point

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Lockett staying in Seattle.... bleh

I never really have any expectation of guys who have spent their whole careers with a team and are still productive like Lockett and Mike Evans to shake loose.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status/1766677301566062798

lol hill can't stop beating people up

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Sources close to the Dolphins’ star wide receiver tell us that after settling into a seat at the Coca-Cola Roxy Friday, a woman grabbed him, claiming he had taken the seat she had paid for.

We're told Tyreek refrained from any physical retaliation ... he simply denied the accusation and immediately got the hell outta there before the situation spiraled.

Look, Hill sucks but he didn't beat anyone up here

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Hill has to be suspended for the foreseeable future just in case he beat someone up.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If Kevin hart didn’t make a joke about how fast he left the venue he’s a hack.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AFC East notes from Fowler and Graz

quote:

Fowler: Expect the Patriots to swing big on receiver Calvin Ridley. The Jaguars are very interested in keeping Ridley but haven't been able to close the deal.

The Patriots were in on Jerry Jeudy before the receiver was traded to Cleveland, but they wanted to wait until free agency before committing to a receiver, likely because they have their eyes on a few.
---------
Fowler: The Dolphins, who sit $21 million over the cap via Roster Management System, have essentially let Wilkins walk and now have 26 free agents about to hit the market, many of whom will be tough to keep.

Some league execs are looking at Miami through a Tua Tagovailoa lens. The Dolphins appear dedicated to extending him this offseason, which will be costly, so the cost-analysis could be simply to let Wilkins and Hunt walk and work to backfill those spots. They have gone all-in with splash trades, and now the bill has come due. GM Chris Grier is always good for a sizable move or two. What about pairing Jalen Ramsey with a corner like L'Jarius Sneed? I believe Miami has at least looked into it.
----------

Fowler: Wilkins' market is heating up after Miami opted against the franchise tag. Expect at least seven teams to pursue him. The Brian Flores connection in Minnesota is one to watch, but Houston and Cleveland could take swings, too.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Can’t afford Wilkins but can afford Snead?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I don’t think the issue is affording Wilkins, so much as it is that they don’t think he’s worth what he’s asking for.

Insofar as Sneed is concerned sounds legit- he paid Byron Jones and Howard, then Ramsey and Howard, now Howard is thankfully gone so now there’s a mega db contract sized hole in Grier’s heart

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’d rather have Snead, so I’m fine with it. Hate letting guys we drafted walk though.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I guess I’ll post this here too. Mac going for a 6th is probably not a good sign for the Jets getting anything for Wilson

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1766843436013900080?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can see the argument that Wilson is worth at least as much as Mac Jones. Wilson still has the far better athletic profile.

I completely disagree with the argument, but I guess all it takes is one GM enamored with their pre-draft scouting homework.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
A 6th round pick for a member of the NFL's top 100? That's a good deal the Patriots got robbed.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

I’d rather have Snead, so I’m fine with it. Hate letting guys we drafted walk though.

The minor advantage of Sneed is that you'd then get comp picks for Wilkins and Hunt eventually

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:hellyeah: bye Mac

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If the Pats got rid of Mac for a conditional 7th, I'd consider it a win tbh

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1766844403522380055

nobody wanted anything to do with that prick.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tarbrush posted:

The minor advantage of Sneed is that you'd then get comp picks for Wilkins and Hunt eventually

Sneed is not a FA you'd have to give up an asset that's more substantial than a comp pick

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I kind of don't get why Jacksonville makes that trade. The backup QB market is loaded with players that are equal to or better than jOwns.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Woof, that’s brutal.
I suppose now McCorkle has a shot to audition for being a career backup though!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fsif posted:

I kind of don't get why Jacksonville makes that trade. The backup QB market is loaded with players that are equal to or better than jOwns.

Need someone with the potential to take the starting job after another year of Trevor handing wins to the other team

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Thanks McCorkle. Sorry it didn't work out.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Anything to get that turd flushed is fine with me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ok. I assume this is like vet minimum poo poo.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1766852761977557250?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

We’re so back. (Not a huge deal, but I think this is a totally solid move to make.)

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 10, 2024

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Anything to get that turd flushed is fine with me.

yeah he got done dirty but was also a dirty player on and off the field

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
did Von Miller agree to that restructure as insurance against a potential suspension? I haven't seen any details but that's the only motivation I can think of to take such a pay cut

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

indigi posted:

did Von Miller agree to that restructure as insurance against a potential suspension? I haven't seen any details but that's the only motivation I can think of to take such a pay cut

That's what Gregg Rosenthal claimed on the ATN podcast.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Wow a 6th round pick for a Pro Bowl QB what a deal!

Also would be really funny if Mac Jones becomes actually competent somewhere else to put the death knell into Belichick's legacy

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

not developing a mid QB at the end of his career doesn't affect his affect his legacy whatsoever

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I dont know who this depth guy is tbh.
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1766872292544401777?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Holy forking shirt balls

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think this puts to rest the idea that the pats aren’t going QB in the draft

Unless they are higher on the Zap than I thought

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/_AndrewCallahan/status/1766857893209428170

lmao

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I think it's a good time to remember this masterpiece...

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1482527512345423877

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Zappe is such a clown, he thinks he's hot poo poo and played even worse than Jones did