Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Anidav posted:

What the gently caress.

Posting's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Coward posted:

What the gently caress was with the outrage at changing "the founding document" of our country? That had me wondering if they were actually Australian, and if so for how long.

This was the most confusing thing to me. Holding up the constitution the same way the seppos talk about theirs and expecting any traction.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Captain Theron posted:

There's a group of them in Canberra that camp out in the centre of town every Friday and play a really lovely cover of staying alive by the beegees on repeat for hours. I used to work right next to where they set up and it was literal torture. I don't know what they thought they were accomplishing there, their audience were basically all lefty public servants who were already on board.

I really don't know what they expect to accomplish. Like blm or pride demonstrations don't aim to piss off the general public, they are demonstrating their mass support to those in power. Like be visible for sure, let people know about your cause, but don't actively piss off the general public who's support you need.

A protest that doesn't inconvenience those in power is handily ignored. Peaceful protest furthers no causes.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Inconveniencing the public inconveniences the state. It's a large jump from protesting to blowing up a pipeline (which I would like to see more of) but by making people late to work or whatever you're stopping a city from functioning at capacity. The issue with doing the planned protests in my eyes is that if you're asking the states permission to protest then you're just a line in balance book, that's just the cost of running a city.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

JBP posted:

This is weak. The government doesn't suffer anything losing the productivity, they suffer from shitloads of furious electors.

Good, how do you solve that problem? You either ban protesting or make changes so that the protestors don't want to protest any more.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I mean Dada was started as an artistic movement opposed to the war, the reasoning behind it was "well, if we don't get peace you don't get beauty" but I doubt XR put that much thought behind it. It got headlines tho, which would be their primary goal.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Konomex posted:

I had this book idea where climate protestors had set up an unknown number of bombs on random peoples cars, and start the day by exploding a bunch of them during peak hour. It's like Extinction Rebellion on steroids, but they're so angry they're indiscriminately telling the populace to go gently caress themselves. And if their demands aren't met, more poo poo explodes. The city grinds to a standstill as everyone is too terrified to drive to work. It was going to be a thriller/mystery kind of thing with a climate bent on it. I think I'll change the book so the villain is a fat guy going 'Why are they blowing up the workers cars, we're not the problem here! This is just red flag operation to get public support onside for more oil!"

But the true villain is that it actually was Gina Rinehart and her mining cronies all along.

The Dollop just did a 2 parter on the Pinkertons, that’ll give you some great ideas.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

webmeister posted:

If you can, go to Aldi instead. Their Blackstone brand of not-Kettle-and-definitely-not-Red-Rock-Deli-either of flavoured chips tastes basically the same (and I'm pretty sure is made in the same factory), and they're usually $3.50 for a 200g packet.

If they have a good Chilli I’m in

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looking forward to the one week where I can wear my jackets

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's me, the one lawyer who has never done cocaine

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

No one listens to Boonta Vista or BigSoftTitty?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I’ll listen to Free to a Good Home is the guest is good. Basically if Tom or Demi are on but also Hum.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Is that true? Do you have to tip in Sydney now? If so burn it down.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Eh while it is basically impossible to live in Sydney on an award wage I think it's kind of more honest to enforce a gratuity than it is to just hope for the best but ultimately the solution is to guillotine landl USER PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

https://twitter.com/SarahisCensored/status/1777044551112315292

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That’s cool but between 4 hosts it’s like 60k a year. I mean they all work too but it’s not gently caress you entertainment money.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Herald Sun decided to go hard

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Wellness can be shorthand for ayahuasca and other fringe psychedelic treatments, generally not deadly

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Breetai posted:

It's purely speculative electronic monopoly money that takes the electrical output of several European nations to maintain. Its value is poo poo because it's backed by nothing but the hopes and dreams of the next bagholder, it's ability to transfer money is poo poo in comparison with the electronic funds transfer system of any competent bank, the only reason to use it is if you're a rube, a conman, a fuckwit techbro, or someone who thinks they can get rich quick because the other guy will totally be the one holding the bag.

It’s this and always has been

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It’s all moot cause it’s fake money made up by fuckwits to do crimes with.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Oooh, I’m glad we use any amount of energy at all making sure someone can make CumCoin (a SpunkCoin derivative) so they can rug pull a couple of hundred idiots who think they’re going to get their money out before it all comes crashing down (they won’t)

Megabound fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 28, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Also using even half a percent of the world’s total energy consumption to process approximately 0% of the world’s financial transactions is not exactly a slam dunk.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

AI is going to be so much worse than crypto in terms of value generated to emissions belched out into the world.

My friend had an app idea that just shows how regular people think about AI:

friend who doesn't know better posted:

I want to use chat GPT to go through all the grocery websites and catalogue all the food items and barcodes to have a huge food inventory. Essentially I want people to be able to just scan a barcode and have selected what they want to highlight out of it for allergens like corn, coconut etc and then the app will just say clearly if it contains it or not

This app already exists by the way, on both app stores, without using AI. But I guarantee you for every person who gets told their idea is dumb there's one more who makes this dumb thing then kills a celiac person because they scanned the barcode on some wonder white and the AI told them all bread is gluten free.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I believe both can be dumb

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Regular Wario posted:

Hopefully they brand the word rapist onto his forehead

That's already his entire face

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The Artificial Kid posted:

Because LLMs interface linguistically with human users they can probably be hot swapped for something new and better more easily than almost any previous technology in history.

LLMs and this AI craze is going to go the way of 3D TVs

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah the underlying homophobia is endemic and has been for a long long time but the attempts at banning pro-LGBTQ+ books from public libraries bit is bandwagoning on the movement in the US, where they've expanded from organised efforts on banning those books in school libraries and have moved on to loving up public libraries

If they're using America as a model then what needs to be heavily defended next is PTA meetings. There's been a huge push to get right wing cranks into them and make the entire thing about culture wars and protecting the children and it's doing considerable damage.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

SecretOfSteel posted:

...We can all agree that we shouldn't be shaming people on the way they look, but even so just lmao

It's fine to shame billionaires for how they look hth

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've seen a couple of Q bumper sticker with the WWG1WGA tagline as well. Can't our cranks make something more interesting than that imported seppo bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

EoinCannon posted:

I think "Don't welcome me to my own country" is pretty home grown :smith:

Yeah but that's just boring racism instead of a secret shadow government run by a dead Kennedy. All I'm asking for is a little creativity