Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
I saw it too. Scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Costello came out of the closet to say:
I heard that even if the war does start, the public won't know for a few hours because there's a media blackout in effect, or something like that.

The US isn't even trying to stop the media this time, like they've done before.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
I'm just waiting for poo poo to explode.

Haha, they're talking down one of the reporters.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
I'll start recording the coverage in a minute or two. I'll run out of HDD space pretty quickly, though.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
Okay, I'm recording it. I started at 9:55 EST, and can go for another 2 hours. Let's see what happens, I guess.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
LORD, please bless the MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS which we will use to SMITE the dirty Muslims.

It would be cool to see one of those go off in a city...

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
Brokaw just said "can you hear me now?" and poo poo is flashing and making big noises.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
The Brits keep saying that they had no idea this was going to happen. I guess it must have been spurred on by some very recent intelligence.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
Shouldn't Bush be doing some addressing now?

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
I like these up-close type addresses, even if I don't like Bush. The podium bit annoys me sort of.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
The standard "THE ENEMY KILLS CHILDREN!!!" bit of propaganda.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
"We enter this conflict reluctantly"

:rolleyes:

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Othin came out of the closet to say:
I'd be willing to bet he's like 400 feet underground right now.

He stayed in a regular residential home in our last round of bombings.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Der Meister came out of the closet to say:
FOR ALLAH!

It's kind of sad we get to kill their government now. I'm sad.

I'll miss the Hussein jokes.

SADDAM HUSSEIN DOUBLE PARKED!

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

rivetz came out of the closet to say:
HAHAHAAHAHAH nice

In a perverse way, I'm kind of looking forward to this, as I recall rolling in from some party at 2 AM, smoking a bowl, and pondering, what to do... little gaming? read a book? hmmm, let's check out what's on the tube...SWEET! Gulf War coverage! Some old fuddy-wuddy general blathering about strategy! Dan Rather after 72 straight hours of live coverage, all baggy-eyed! This[/i] I can watch for a little bit.[/i] I'd be lying if I didn't confess to this vice.

So am I, but I'm mostly interested in the new weapons we're going to use.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

taraturg came out of the closet to say:

Anyone remember the league of nations? Now that was a gas. :rolleyes:

The League of Nations would have worked, if not for Republicans.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
The bomb was aimed for "elements of Iraqi leadership." Hrm.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Probably...Wilson's original 14 points were far superior to the ganked version the US congress was willing to support. Some crap about taking the power to declare war out of congress' hands.

On a related note, i read that the british parliment actually "declared war" last night sometime. Our fine government, on the other hand, in order to stay politically correct isn't fighting a war, but participating in a "police action" or some crap like that. Isn't the Patriot act cool? Allows the president to do anything in his power to ensure national security...including extending his rights to utilize our armed forces, beyond the normal, already loose guidelines. Ah well.

We haven't been to war since 1945. Our laws allow us to go to war without declaring it, also. The Republicans were pissed because they weren't involved in the formation of the 14 points, but still, bipartizanship is nice when you're trying to create PROGRESS.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
I can't decide between CBS and NBC.

I love Tom Brokaw.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
They took out the word "apparently," now. I like it when national news has a little bit of personality like that, but eh.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
I've heard both Cruise Missiles and the F-117 bombs from CNN.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
It'd be really fascinating if CNN or the like could get some interviews with some Baghdad citezens at some point, though I imagine there are no people on the street right now.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Othin came out of the closet to say:
Fox is where the funny is at. They always end up loving up their news tickers and disgruntled staffers slip in funny stuff all the time.

You see ticker shenanigans all the time. The dudes that type up those lines seem to be really stupid, or something.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

u came out of the closet to say:

They interviewed a "Christian Peacekeeper" in Baghdad on CBC awhile ago. She just said generic stuff, and wasn't scared of getting bombed at all.

I bet she's there to convert some distraught Muslims. Evangelism at its finest.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

chickenwoot came out of the closet to say:

About time.

Am I the only one who heard them calling this Operation Iraq Freedom?

The French said they would join in should the Iraqi regime start using chemical weapons.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Noomsby came out of the closet to say:
Check the CNN homepage. DECAPITATION ATTACK.

'nuff said.

OH poo poo, FLYING RAZOR BLADES

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

HPL came out of the closet to say:

I heard the French would join in if Iraq surrenders.

They will be donating a great deal of used white flags LOL FRANCE SURRENDERS.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
Ugh, Lieberman is SO loving BORING.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

BigGooey came out of the closet to say:

Well, he's also a murderer rapist. He kidnapped a girl from his school. Raped her for a month, and then fed her to dogs. OMG MURDERER-RAPIST

THEN HE ATE BABIES. CALIFORNIA LIBERAL CHEESEBURGER.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Blue's Clues came out of the closet to say:
MSNBC just reported that Sadaam was indeed the target.

Hm. I wonder why that took so long to announce.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

What are the chances that the coalition forces install a democracy in Iraq after they clobber the crap out of Hussein? They don't have a great track record so far of placing a democratic system in place coughsaudiarabiacough.

The US has done that VERY MANY times. It usually doesn't work, but I think the US has a particular amount of pride riding on the success of Iraq as a democracy. Arabs have been a historically democratic people however, both in family formation, and in the government, at least in Shiites (or was that the Sunni?)

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

HELLO.JPG came out of the closet to say:
HOLY poo poo! Fox News says that top officials SAW Saddam in the bunkers that were struck. He might actually be dead!

WOAH. We may have totally kicked some rear end just now.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
I wonder if any of our planes will be downed by that AA fire.

Good luck to the pilots, I suppose.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
Those missiles are :krad:

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Dubar came out of the closet to say:

*insert patriotic masturbation joke*

He's raising his flag

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
Looks like it's winding down. I wonder if a small squad'll go in to see if we killed whoever we were trying to kill?

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

HPL came out of the closet to say:

Time to bust out the MSPaint?

Edit: haha, mine is so crappy

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Soonmot came out of the closet to say:

Could be, but with all the repoters and cillvilians around,w ouldn;t it be too dangerous for the US to bomb the broadcast center?

They keep saying these bombs are highly accurate.

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002

quote:

Shpidah! came out of the closet to say:
Excerpt from Sadam Husseins Speech

Sadam: I'm not dead yet.

Bush: What?

Ari: He says he's not dead.

Bush: Shut up you!

Sadam: I'm feeling better. I could go for a walk! I feel happy! I feel happy!

Win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clown Jizz
Oct 27, 2002
Cool 3D image of the B-2's on CNN.