Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
widunder
May 2, 2002
This thread needs more TMNT: Turtles In Time Pirate Ship level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS
I would love if someone did the zombie level (Mission 2 or 3) from Metal Slug 3.

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

How about Ultima 8? Yes, would be sweet.

And if that's not possible, could someone please do Altered Beasts? ....RRRISE FROM YOUR GRAVE ...Do do do ...

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
if anyone is up to the challenge, a kickass final fantasy 2 or 3 (US) would be awesome. also, if it were 2048 x 768 for dual monitor setup, that would be :krad:

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
^^^ !!! eek that's amazing

quick bump for any suggestions. If there's a cool map that you want me to do, let me know.

I don't know if you want any more suggestions or not and I really don't care which map it is(though I'd prefer the one that's on the far right of the map and has a tall hill in the middle, sorry I can't remember the name right now). I do want specific characters though. If you could get a map showing a female lancer, a male samurai, Beowulf, Ramza, and a female calculator then I would be obliged to do I don't know what. Maybe I can draw a picture for you or something. But please have them spread out a little bit.

Please?!

edit- also does anyone have a link to some sprites of different FFT characters? I want to make them into my icons for my hard drives and windows explorer.

ChickenSuit fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 21, 2003

Ransom Note
Jun 12, 2003

by Ozma

^^ Click for 1600x1200 ^^

Edit: I also posted the main section of Area 1 on page 13. It's better than this one.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ransom Note fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 22, 2003

loatisaf
Mar 18, 2002

Hail to the Hamster King, Baby
Is there a neo geo emulator out there where you can actually turn off complete layers? The one I've been using (nebula) allows you to turn off layers, but the problem is that there's something in the neightborhood of 150 layers or so. Each inch (screen size) of the background is a separate layer. Not only that, but even if you happen upon the one for an enemy, then it will only work if the enemy happens to be in that specific place on the screen.

John Fütbol
May 18, 2003

FUCKING GOOOOOOOAL IN PHRAGMATICS FYAD CONTEST
Can anyone make a Seiken Densetsu 3 wallpaper?

polygon_monkey
Nov 28, 2000

I'm Quadro-spazzed
on a life-glug.

quote:

John Fütbol came out of the closet to say:
Can anyone make a Seiken Densetsu 3 wallpaper?

I'll try that once I have finished the mana one. I wish I could get my save game from xsnes9x on the xbox for SK3 onto my pc. If anyone knows how... (I can't seem to find the save games on my xbox harddrive).

Filling in all the missing bits is time consuming. And Zsnes keeps crashing my computer. Good job I remembered to make a savestate last time.

Here is a preview of filled in stuff..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost
If someone felt like doing the first island of Little Big Adventure that would be pretty :krad:

leaf
Aug 31, 2001

When I was playing zelda for the gameboy via an emulator, I ended up screen grabbing it to generate a map.

I've just spent the last hour reverse engineering the image format because I don't have anything to read Acorn computer sprites.

I've can generate the dungeon maps also is required. Just ask.

The big problem with these is that the character appears in each screen. I'm just not awake enough to manually remove him.

Click the image for the full sized 2560x1280 image.

kynikos
Aug 15, 2001
If anyone can make more Castlevania: Symphony of the Night wallpapers I will love them long time.

elpha
Nov 12, 2002

You owe too much to the past...

quote:

leaf came out of the closet to say:
When I was playing zelda for the gameboy via an emulator, I ended up screen grabbing it to generate a map.

I've just spent the last hour reverse engineering the image format because I don't have anything to read Acorn computer sprites.

I've can generate the dungeon maps also is required. Just ask.

The big problem with these is that the character appears in each screen. I'm just not awake enough to manually remove him.

Click the image for the full sized 2560x1280 image.

wow, thats sweet... has anyone made a .zip yet? ill host it. and thanks PovRayMan for the organization...

J3anyus
Feb 13, 2003

quote:

Ransom Note came out of the closet to say:

^^ Click for 1600x1200 ^^

I love you. Blaster Master is one of the greatest games, ever.

Also, Toejam and Earl is coming along nicely. I'd say I'm about 50-60% of the way done with it by now.

Gaemblor
Jun 19, 2002

Sheldon Brown - Better than you think!
Tomorrow I think i'm going to attempt Sonic 2 and possibly Donkey Kong Country. My head will probably explode but gently caress. Im going to try.

Araya
Jun 7, 2003

this thread is going to be the death of my whole weekend..

sorry this one is so dark, couldn't think of a decent way to snazz it up.
Blackthorne for the snes, linked for size:
http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june03/araya-blackthorne.jpg

thanks pipebomb.

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

How does one remove sprites and layers from Kega?

polygon_monkey
Nov 28, 2000

I'm Quadro-spazzed
on a life-glug.

quote:

Gaemblor came out of the closet to say:
Tomorrow I think i'm going to attempt Sonic 2 and possibly Donkey Kong Country. My head will probably explode but gently caress. Im going to try.

DKC is a good idea, but won't the parralax scrolling break your head? Or is there a way around that?

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax
Nevermind

----------------

Marshall Banana fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 22, 2003

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

ChickenSuit came out of the closet to say:

I don't know if you want any more suggestions or not and I really don't care which map it is(though I'd prefer the one that's on the far right of the map and has a tall hill in the middle, sorry I can't remember the name right now). I do want specific characters though. If you could get a map showing a female lancer, a male samurai, Beowulf, Ramza, and a female calculator then I would be obliged to do I don't know what. Maybe I can draw a picture for you or something. But please have them spread out a little bit.

Please?!

edit- also does anyone have a link to some sprites of different FFT characters? I want to make them into my icons for my hard drives and windows explorer.

I got a few possibles, what I can try to do though, is get you those sprites.
I'll .rar up some and let you know.

falls are *almost* done

Snaggletooth
Mar 15, 2002

quote:

reethaxor came out of the closet to say:

1600x1200

Unless 500 people really want another level, that's the only one I'm doing. That was the biggest pain in the rear end ever.
fuckin' "A", that is awesome! My new background. If you care to make any more, I will right-click save-as.

凸[◣_◢]凸UNBAN CAPNPAYNE凸[◣_◢]凸 put this in your sig if you support FYAD凸[◣_◢]凸

Kubachi
Jun 9, 2002
Oh please please please could someone do Kid Chameleon for the Sega Genesis? There are about a billion levels to choose from and they are all awesome.

JimmyJARS
Jan 11, 2003

by LARS FATTINGTON

quote:

manwohat came out of the closet to say:
Anyone who gets a sonic one done...shall be getting a paypal. 1280x1024 preferably.
Ive got it done, uploading in a moment.

edit:

super compressed preview:

1280x1024 png: http://www.lowta.cx/upload/s/sonic.png

----------------

JimmyJARS fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 22, 2003

Hoffma
Mar 30, 2003

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
SUPER EDIT!!

This thread started small and became huge. There is a lot in here and now I shall attempt to organize it for YOUR viewing pleasure!

<18˝-minute gap>

Well now.. I hope I got this all right.. my head is about to explode from making that. I hope you all enjoy it. :)

You are a loving saint, sir. A gentleman and a scholar, indeed.

Edit: I would totally do this if I weren't so lazy. Anybody got Power Blade or Shatterhand?? :o

Hoffma fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 22, 2003

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax

quote:

JimmyJARS came out of the closet to say:
Ive got it done, uploading in a moment.
gently caress

----------------

walkingmantis
Jan 15, 2003

by Fistgrrl

quote:

Lakitu7 came out of the closet to say:
Chrono Trigger - Millenial Fair

I filled in the spare areas with a photoshop-generated pattern from the trees and think that looks good. The Caveman/Gato areas don't connect properly because they don't in the game either. If anyone would like a PSD file with the fair, no background, and the two Caveman/Gato areas in seperate layers (to solve these problems in your own ways or make other sizes), feel free to contact me via info in profile.

Otherwise, enjoy :)

http://www.crappyhosting.com/pro_uploads/Lakitu7/Lakitu7-CT-Fair-1280x1024.png

Working on End of Time now

AWESOME i love the chrono series and i anticipate the end of time

----------------

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I am going to try the first stage of Rock n Roll Racing. Wish me luck.

The stage is set, the green flag drops!

Hoffma
Mar 30, 2003

Olaf JAMS into first!!

Marshall Banana
Feb 6, 2002

by Lowtax
FINISHED

Plz point out all errors k

----------------

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

quote:

manwohat came out of the closet to say:
1 or 2 please.
Death Egg Zone

The Sonic levels are really challenging, since the backgrounds aren't "static".

Phorrest
Oct 25, 2002

by Fistgrrl
Tonight I will start on Smash TV.

----------------

WizardShotFood
Jun 18, 2001

Nuking nutrients.
I've had a stab at a Toejam And Earl one, but I think I tried a level which was too wide so its a bit small, anyway, heres an ultra compressed preview:

Full size

Its harder to do than I first imagined.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
ChickenSuit:

http://www.lehigh.edu/~rad3/FFTsprites.rar

J3anyus
Feb 13, 2003
Toejam and Earl is DONE. Good god, that took about 2 hours. It's at 1280x1024, and is here:

http://www.lowta.cx/upload/t/toejam-and-earl-1280x1024-2.png

For some reason, when I save it to PNG, the whole thing gets a bit darker. I still have the PSD file, and that file is quite a bit brighter than the PNG. If someone explains to me why this happens and how to fix it, I'll update the image.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001
I have about 23 megs of this stuff already. When this thread is done and dead, I'll repost an archive of it all.

Treasure of China
May 12, 2001

quote:

polygon_monkey came out of the closet to say:

I wish I could get my save game from xsnes9x on the xbox for SK3 onto my pc. If anyone knows how... (I can't seem to find the save games on my xbox harddrive).

Check in E:\TDATA\0fffdaed

Thats where it stores mine, in any case.

PS: I wouldn't mind seeing a SOM or SD3 wallpaper either

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
ChickenSuit:

http://www.lehigh.edu/~rad3/FFTsprites.rar

Thanks mang.

JimmyJARS
Jan 11, 2003

by LARS FATTINGTON
I improved upon my design:

1280x1024: http://www.lowta.cx/upload/s/soniclogo.png

Super preview edition:

----------------

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
I would poo poo myself if someone made a Demon's Crest wallpaper. This is all excellent work. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Lord
Jun 8, 2003
ex nihil, ex omni, ad infinitum
Here's part of second level of The Lion King (Sorry, MacBeth, still young Simba):

1600x1200: http://pages.infinit.net/demonlrd/images/LionKing-WannabeKing-Wallpaper-Large.png

Enjoy!