Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001
Do Sonic levels. You'll need the debug code to be able to fly around and see everything.

When in construct debug mode, you can turn into any object on screen. Even "nothing" so you can have flawless screenshots. You can get entire levels like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

RMcCoy came out of the closet to say:
Yeah, Sonic has busy backgrounds and if you look at a screenshot map, there's actually huge areas of blank space. Stuff on top of nothing and such.
That's true. After certain areas, they leave a void.

I might just take this upon myself two do.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Gilg came out of the closet to say:
Yes, I do suck at Photoshop. If anyone wants the original or a version with sprites (police, meteor, Picky, etc) just say so.
Wait, which are you going to do? The one with just Picky, the animals, and Lier X Agerate? Or, the one with the police, Pokey, and some townspeople?

Either way :krad:

There was a site that had a bunch of these for Earthbound. I will find them.

Edit: This one has a few http://ebinvasion.homestead.com/gamemaps.html (It also has the game's map for a few. eh.)

Edit: THE MOTHERLOAD (no pun intended)
http://www.angelfire.com/sd/ethbshad/map.html

I rarred it all up here for you.

http://users.adelphia.net/~themains/images/Earthbound%20by%20Ulan%20Shad.rar

Saturn2K fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 21, 2003

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001
Here's a rar of that site I gave.

http://users.adelphia.net/~themains/images/Earthbound%20by%20Ulan%20Shad.rar

quote:

Yeah, while I was making it, I remembered there was a site with maps like this. Kept going anyway.

Map with sprites here, everyone is in it except the animals. I probably should've put in the animals but I didn't want to bother with battles so I just did the trick where you leave the screen and come back.
Meteor's screwed up.

Saturn2K fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 21, 2003

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Morphix came out of the closet to say:
Okay, I have a quick question, I've searched through the thread and maybe I missed it.

But I've heard mentions of this debug mode that lets you fly around, how would one do this with ZNES? Man would it make things easier.
Unfortunately, there's no one code that enables a debug mode in all games. You'll have to find out how to enable it for each game. Usually it's a Game Genie or Pro Action Replay code. Sometimes, in the case of Sonic (Which is what I mentioned earlier) it's a code to be entered in game like a level select cheat.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Erm? How so?
Upon closer inspection, it's perfect. It just wasn't displaying properly for a second for me.

drat you, program in my sig.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001
Fourside 1600x1200

Enjoy.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001
I have about 23 megs of this stuff already. When this thread is done and dead, I'll repost an archive of it all.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001
Can someone do Decap Attack for Genesis?

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Macbeth came out of the closet to say:
Would it be a good idea to put a small 48x48 watercolor SA logo in the bottom right hand corner of all the wallpapers?
Oh man, please don't ruin these works of art with watermarks. This is all vintage pixel art. Any ruining of the simple shades destroys the picture.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

JodoKaast came out of the closet to say:
Please please please please someone collect all of these into a zip for everyone to download.

Or, since they're still being posted, have several packs. Set a number that each pack will have, say 15 or 20 wallpapers per pack, and then we can keep released packs as we pass multiples of that number.

Who's up to it? If no one has already done this, I'm actually going to start on this. Because I want it so bad.
Or, how about one RAR? I have all of this downloaded and sorted by author in directories.

When this is done, I'll stick it on my Adelphia's infinite bandwidth account of godliness.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
Don't worry about packages of the walls just yet, we have it under control.

We're not posting anything until it's quieted down. This is far too active at the moment.

The rar file currently is up to 123 wallpapers (Have to add 1 or 2 more) and is 30.5mb
Strange, I have 130. Three of them are probably Death's Head's Yoshi redo. I saved them as separate. But that still leaves four unknown ones.

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001
Is this dead, finally dead?

I'm so ready to rar and upload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saturn2K
Feb 6, 2001

quote:

Psychosis came out of the closet to say:
For something a little different, here's one from a classic Sierra game.

1024x768 version
It's cool to look at it and follow the obvious effects. Nice.