Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Oh, of course, right after I post another reply over there requesting the original :)

Thanks, man. You kick rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
[old]Halfway through Chrono Trigger - Millenial Fair (just so nobody else starts at the same time). I don't know if there's any "sky texture" to fill it with though, so I'm not sure what's going to happen with the empty space.[/old]
Completed. See next page.

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 21, 2003

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Chrono Trigger - Millenial Fair

I filled in the spare areas with a photoshop-generated pattern from the trees and think that looks good. The Caveman/Gato areas don't connect properly because they don't in the game either. If anyone would like a PSD file with the fair, no background, and the two Caveman/Gato areas in seperate layers (to solve these problems in your own ways or make other sizes), feel free to contact me via info in profile.

Otherwise, enjoy :)

I have UPDATED this image now to include the Old Man and his lunch, since I'd accidently forgotten to paste him in. If you downloaded it previously, please do so again. Thanks :) (preview is not changed)

End of Time is also done on page 11.

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 22, 2003

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

quote:

Marshall Banana came out of the closet to say:
Actually it's mostly finished, but i'm not too sure on how to do repeating textures.

I used Pattern Maker.

Copy as big a square of dirt/trees/whatever as you can from your main image.
Make a new, wallpaper-sized image
Paste in the square
Filters -> Pattern Maker
Pick the part with the texture
Hit "Generate"
Hit OK
Paste the main image over that

Your mileage may vary. Of course, it works better with smaller, "busy" textures than huge, repeating, individual trees.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Chrono Trigger - The End of Time

This one was a good deal easier than the last thanks to the small size and easily tiled background. PSD available upon request if you care to mod it.

Morphix - I could hook you up with an SRM or ZST for Secret of Mana. I'll check your profile for contact info after smashing the "reply" button now.

Whoever - I've got a ton of SRM/ZST for various RPGs and others to donate to the cause if needed. [old]Somebody mentioned Zeal.. I've got one ready if there are takers.[/old] Done on next page.

Death's Head - Awesome job on the Yoshi's Island. I admit, I'd love to do YI stuff, but I knew it'd be a bitch. Thanks for taking the time.

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 22, 2003

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
If anyone got the Millenial Fair wallpaper already, download it again. I realized that I forgot the Old Man and his Lunch, so I just re-added that in and uploaded. The preview's unchanged.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Chrono Trigger - Zeal

PSD available upon request.
The cloud background is rather "busy" and it doesn't offer an opportunity to put the characters in. I prefer End of Time, but Zeal is just drat cool and needed its due :)

Luckily enough, even though I couldn't get the left side of the left island or the right side of the right one, the developers apparently got lazy and used the same island drawing for both. Huzzah!

Enjoy!

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 22, 2003

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
The rar file currently is up to 123 wallpapers (Have to add 1 or 2 more) and is 30.5mb
If you're not already, try using a SOLID RAR. It should give you slightly better compression on massive numbers of small files like this. I know it helps me out quite a bit with the xp theme packs.

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
Here is a directory listing
http://www.indecisions.org/prm/image-stuff/sa/gamelist.txt
You forgot One of mine :(

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

quote:

OoBeY came out of the closet to say:
I'm using a save game from before this project started, after I killed em all) and that would be really helpful in putting them back in there.

I've got one at the first save in Tourian, where they're still alive. Want it? Contact info in profile.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I'm working on a room from Super Metroid - Maridia.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Super Metroid - Maridia
(or at least one room of it)

The jpeg preview is crap, but I had to get the size down.

Full (too big)
Cropped to 1200x1600
Cropped to 1280x1024

I don't want to do these anymore, but I've said that after the last few too. As everyone else has said, those backgrounds that move at different speeds are a BITCH. However, I'll probably make something else later.

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 23, 2003

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Lakitu7
Donkey Kong Country - Tree Top Town <-- 1280x1024 Black background
Donkey Kong Country - Tree Top Town <-- 1280x1024 White background

The back background (light green trees) would have stretched to the rest of the desktop okay, but the midground looked like hell, so I elected to just leave it as a strip across the bottom... available in black and white flavors. This one's rather minimalist.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Lakitu7
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Kannon's Klaim <-- Original
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Kannon's Klaim <-- 1280x1024

Preview:

I'm tired :(

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

quote:

G-III came out of the closet to say:
Hate to be a jackass, but those links go to donkeykongcountry backgrounds.

Yeah, I like my DKC stuff too, but was hoping for something new :o
At least I was cool enough to have my entry quoted for formatting.
Of course, http://www.crappyhosting.com/pro_uploads/DeathsHead/ finds them.

Dan - Thanks :) Praise keeps me going; always appreciated.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

quote:

olhado came out of the closet to say:
This one kicks rear end, but I agree, it is a bit busy. Any chance of getting just a plain black background instead of the clouds, assuming that's easy to do with your .psd?

Either way, I'd like the .psd if you don't mind: adam@defaced.net is my email.

Black bg:
http://www.crappyhosting.com/pro_uploads/Lakitu7/Lakitu7-CT-Zeal_black.png

Email on the way.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Yeah, I think so. You just don't see it on a TV. If you're emulating, find the graphic plugin options and kick things up a notch.

I have memory card saves / epsxe saved states from the ends of FF7, FF8, FF9, and SOTN if anyone has use for them in this project (Assuming no mod cares). They might be convertable into DexDrive saves, but I have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

quote:

BJPaskoff came out of the closet to say:
Wow this took a long time to make.
[img-Advance Wars]

Even when giant and pixely, Nell is still hot.

I'll make another something later tonight. 'haven't decided what yet though.