Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
haven't seen a metroid one yet.

I've always loved these, simple and effective. Metroid is gracing my work pc now :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
don't rule out a gif or png-8 either. Photoshop's save for web feature is pretty good about showing you the filesize / quality tradeoffs.

and if you wanted to pass off an RCR drawing, I'm sure I or these guys could pull it.

Lurchington fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 20, 2003

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:

That's exactly what I'm doing.

excellent.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

EVIL Gibson came out of the closet to say:

What if you set SCROLL to yes? It will be like a run through the level repeatedly (well, need to wrap it around the edges)

that seems like a gigantic system tax if it works like that.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
anyone know of a screenshot key for win32mame? Because if so Metal Slug would be :krad:

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

loatisaf came out of the closet to say:

Which metal slug are you trying?

just did ms1 level 1

ended up cutting it off right before the first helicopter.

preview is attached.

in both 1600x1200 and 1280x1024

hopefully you can't tell how loving much I had to touch up... :(

I have the entire level capped so if anyone wants to get the source, let me know, I can up it.

edit: gently caress I forgot space for the task bar... if anyone needs a touchup I can reup

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurchington fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 25, 2003

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
thanks for the positive replies.

I have the second part after the mini boss capped so I have hopes to do something with that tomorrow (if a few things work out)

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Morphix came out of the closet to say:
Okay, I have a quick question, I've searched through the thread and maybe I missed it.

But I've heard mentions of this debug mode that lets you fly around, how would one do this with ZNES? Man would it make things easier.

it was a code that was for the sonic games only. So that would be gens.

Doing a :cool: Final Fantasy Tactics map now. will edit this post in a bit.

edit:

preview of Barius Hill

in both 1280x1024 and 1600x1200

Lurchington fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 21, 2003

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
^^^ !!! eek that's amazing

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:

Final Fantasy Tactics Barius Hill.

quick bump for any suggestions. If there's a cool map that you want me to do, let me know.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

jeremy came out of the closet to say:

Golgorand Execution Site (with Agrias & Ramza vs. Gafgarion)
Murond Death City
Zerekile Falls

The shootout (5 chemists, all with guns) at Colliery Underground Third Floor would be really cool, if you could somehow incorporate the feeling of all the guns firing.

I had already started on the falls :)

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Marshall Banana came out of the closet to say:

I'm doing south figaro right now. Actually it's mostly finished, but i'm not too sure on how to do repeating textures.

ctrl+c,ctrl+v,move,ctrl+e

and I'm still plugging away at the falls

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

ChickenSuit came out of the closet to say:

I don't know if you want any more suggestions or not and I really don't care which map it is(though I'd prefer the one that's on the far right of the map and has a tall hill in the middle, sorry I can't remember the name right now). I do want specific characters though. If you could get a map showing a female lancer, a male samurai, Beowulf, Ramza, and a female calculator then I would be obliged to do I don't know what. Maybe I can draw a picture for you or something. But please have them spread out a little bit.

Please?!

edit- also does anyone have a link to some sprites of different FFT characters? I want to make them into my icons for my hard drives and windows explorer.

I got a few possibles, what I can try to do though, is get you those sprites.
I'll .rar up some and let you know.

falls are *almost* done

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
ChickenSuit:

http://www.lehigh.edu/~rad3/FFTsprites.rar

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
alright this is the last one for awhile. I'm starting to feel lovely. I'll probably coe back to this in a bit.

anyway:

Zerkile Falls needed a LOT of work (although if I was smart it could have been over a lot sooner)

preview attached:

available in 1280x1024 and 1600x1200

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Dillinger came out of the closet to say:

Metal Slug 2 or X, I forget which.

Last level. Have the far right be the boss UFO and then whatever else you can fit going to the left in 1600x1200. This would be amazing, as it's swarmed with enemies before the boss, and at the boss, there's tanks and soldiers and a giant battle going on with the UFO, so plenty of ways to make it look :krad:

If you did this I'd love you.

I'm trying to think of some things I could try to do but mine will probably suck.

I can try, I actually just beat that tonight. If anyone wants to do the ufo one, I can try the mummy level on metal slug 2.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

I love crappyhosting :cool:

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
alright, I'm going to try my hardest to get the mummy level of metalslug 2 done.

To help me out, I'd like to find out if I can do either "removing sprites" or if there's some sort of cheat for infinite life (meaning I won't die when getting hit).

this is winmame32.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Crackbone came out of the closet to say:
Here's my try... hope somebody remembers this with fond memories...

Click here for 1024 version.
Couldn't get it any larger without degrading the pic.

guile is the coolest. Thanks.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Death's Head came out of the closet to say:

get the latest Cheat.dat Google for it. There will hopefully be a cheat for it in that.

checking now.

here's a 25% done no touchups preview:

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Sock came out of the closet to say:

PROTIP: Use Kawaks for its "Shot factory" where you can remove any goddamn sprite (be it d00ds or the background itself!) you want. It also makes the games pertyer with its funky filters.

Edit: It has cheats/Invulnerability as well.

...yikes I'm almost done with this one and I had to do a lot of touching up.

this will definitely help in the future. Thanks.

For the love of god, wait up for me. This will be worth it. Even though I'll have to put it on the backburner til after work tomorrow :(

preview:

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Dillinger came out of the closet to say:
No way dude, that Metal Slug 2 wallpaper will probably be done tomororw night and it looks to be amazing.

I'll quit my job if I have to, but I will finish it :p

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
^^^there's a yoshi's island paper.

quote:

jeremy came out of the closet to say:
If anyone has any requests for any Square game, PSX or SNES, I'll try to work on it. If I can't get it completely, I'll do what I can and post the results here.

I really wanted to try the desert town in Xenogears (Dazil?) but fat chance on that one :(

I have several of the FF7 backgrounds already ripped (taken from the PC Port) so I can do a lot of stuff with that as well. (if you're on the hub it's in my square pics directory, I'm not there so you atm so I can't grant a slot)

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
phew... Curse SNK for not not filling in parts of the level we'll never see.

you know the deal, preview attached:

This is the mummy level of metal slug 2. That's the boss at the top and if ou've played this level you know why he looks a little disconnected.

1280x1024 and 1600x1200

so ends my tile wallpaper contribution*

*for now :ninja:

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
yeah, wednesday at the earliest at this rate.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

hedonist came out of the closet to say:

I wouldn't mind seeing a Xenogears one, myself :D

I tried, oh god... I tried...

kudos to anyone who can

also; thanks dillinger.

The alien one is slightly more involved than I care to try now. But in the future, who knows? :)

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Sabacc came out of the closet to say:
Praise from Caesar?

I am also currently repaying through FFT to get through to some of the "climactic" scenes. So...after all of these get hosted to a "real" background designer website thingy (is that what is going on?), how will we submit new backgrounds?

:keke:

Trying the same thing from the start of chapter 2.

Also wondering about further submissions.

also, olhado it would be sweet if you could get zeal on a black background. :)

edit: PovRayMan, since you don't accept PMs I'll just ask you to update the link on your first page from:

code:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~rad3/metalslug1280x1024.png to http://www.lehigh.edu/~rad3/lurch-metalslug1280x1024.png 
and from

code:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~rad3/metalslug1600x1200.png to http://www.lehigh.edu/~rad3/lurch-metalslug1600x1200.png 

Lurchington fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 25, 2003

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Which ones are you planning on doing? In my head, I've got Weigraf making the deal with the zodiac stone, and that one scene where that dude gets stabbed (I hope you know what I mean..it's been too long since I replayed this game).

I skipped the one where the thieves Take the job of killing GafGarion (which I can do) I've done Zirekile falls, then the next would be Mustadio at Junktown, next would Cardinal Draclau killing the junktown gang leader. Then the Golgorand execution fight. Then would be the Cardinal Draclau boss fight. That's what I see so far. Maybe the gafgarion Fight before that.

The Wiegraf stabbing is in Chapter 1. And the deal he makes is later I think.

Protip, you can view the cinematics you missed in the Zodiac Brave Story Segment.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
unfortuneately it doesn't stretch well, but amazing work :)

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
based on Erebus' post I have quite a large update:

LurchDawg
North Island Crater <-- 1024x768
North Island Crater <-- 1280x1024
Midgar Church gradient <-- 1280x1024
Midgar Church no gradient <-- 1280x1024
Mt. Nibel Cavern <-- 1280x1024
Temple of the Ancients <-- 1280x1024
Midgar Sector 7 Tower <-- 1024x768
Midgar Sector 7 Tower <-- 1280x1024

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Morphix came out of the closet to say:

Oh wow, these are really somthing. Very nice. What Emulator are you guys using to capture these? And is it much more work than ZNES capturing?

I was able to rip those from the FF7 PC port.

for metal slugs I used zawak and the "shot factory" setting where you can remove individual sprites.

For the FF:Tactics ones I just had to printscreen from epsxe :(. Lot of touchup required.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
^^^ because everyone needs to play it.

Also, I hate Algus with a fiery distilled passion.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Oi, LurchDawg...what'd you use to make those FFT captures? My PS2 is hooked to my computer and I'm taking screenshots in DScalar. The images look great in like 600x400 mode, but when I stretch them bigger they become pixelated. Are you using a PSX emulator, or what?

yeah, https://www.epsxe.com

using as plugins:

video:
code:
Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.12
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 0

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on 
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000001]

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
arise thread! from the bowels of the near dead!

LurchDawg
FF:Tactics Goland Coal City <-- 1280x1024
FF:Tactics Goland Coal City <-- 1600x1200

preview VV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon

quote:

Marshall Banana came out of the closet to say:

so i guess i should stop adding them to adtrw then? I'm not recieving much communication on the subject.

I've been watching that page as you do. As soon as we finalize something I'm willing to up mine anywhere, so I don't mind the desktopgaming scenario.