Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Bah, I give up. Here is an Secret of Mana one. But there is certain sections that I couldn't walk to and take screenshots of. And than I didn't really know how to blend it into the background, so meh, half assed, if anyone wants the psd of the thing with the chopper layer of just the game without the cheesy background, my contact info is in my profile.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/morphix/som1600.jpg

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Okay, I have a quick question, I've searched through the thread and maybe I missed it.

But I've heard mentions of this debug mode that lets you fly around, how would one do this with ZNES? Man would it make things easier.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Not sure why but I can't access these webpages, can somone look and see if there is any Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana action replay debug codes?

http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/pro_action_replay/super_nes/secret_of_mana.shtml

http://www.world-of-video-games.com/snes/pro_action_replay.shtml

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
here is a second attempt. if anyone has a save state for Secret of Mana, I would love to do some of the wallpapers of the desert or snow area, easy tiling and everything.

Here is the 1600.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/morphix/soe1600.jpg

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Okay, holy poo poo I spent waay too much time on this. 80+ layers later I bring you the Desert Town area in Secret of Mana. I had to edit the lower pit area, took out one of the exits for visual reasons.

1600 x 1200 version, enjoy.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/morphix/som1600.jpg

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
We need to create a webpage, or space area with all these in them, so that we may never forget!!!11

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
How big is the file so far with all these wallpapers in them? Zipped/Rared after all, because I have 3 Comcast accounts with 20mbs of space each, and as far as I know there is no bandwidth limit.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Well...hmm. If you can split it into 19mb chunks I'll upload to my webspace. Don't think we'll be hitting 60mbs anytime soon, so we should be okay. But I guess we should wait until this thread starts dieing down, than we can create a new post with them all backed up.

My contact info is inside my profile, pop me off an email when you feel that you won't be getting any more submissions into this thread.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

quote:

polygon_monkey came out of the closet to say:
Here is secret of mana in it's full size, 1600x1456 :

[ur/mana/mana_full.png][/url]

I had to make a lot of this wallpaper up. drat square and their not thinking of 1600x1200 desktops.

Wow, good job man, I know that must have taken a while to do. Nice Indeed.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
If anyone feels up to the task I'd like to put a request up for Mario Kart. But not sure how it would work as a wallpaper. If at all.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Gradients ya, just eyedropper the last color thats used in the game and gradient up to another that will fit the image.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Jago, what I would do is.

See at the bottom of the section, left there area there is the city landscape. That can easily be tiled, and than it just gradients into an orange. so what I would do ist cut out all the back build area behind the main building, and tile the city landscape (the orangish thing) in the lower section till it hits the right main building area, and than gradient the rest with orange.

Not sure if you know what I'm talking about. Or you could finish off that purple building, shouldn't be too hard, and throw the gradient behind that.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
It's looking good, but how about we stop posting links to previews and whatnot, or stuff that you'll be editing later anyway, it will help archival poo poo later on.

The small previews are cool, but I've noticed some people have edited their original wallpaper sevreal times.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

quote:

I'm in the middle of making a page for this, with registration so that you can post desktops. Do people want this? Should I stop or keep going? It will have no formatting to begin with until I css it once the functionality is finished.

I think thats an awesome idea! And if somone a SA account was required to view/upload to this, it would even be better. Or maybe make it public, since this shits obviously going to get passed around to friends, etc, and eventually some assholes will start claiming the work for themselves.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
That sounds like a good plan, I still think we should do it without Torrent for faster spreading, but I realize getting hosting would be a bitch, and it could potentially eat a lot of bandwidth fast.

Also, you should take care of the torrent/collecting of the wallpaper since you seem to be organazing it, than afterwards just post a dir/ list of all the wallpapers in a new thread, maybe add a text file to the zip that has the names of all the people who created the wallpapers.

BTW, what happend to the Pologon Monkey webpage idea? That sounded pretty badass as we all know this poo poo will get spread quickly through the interweb, and everyone otuside of SA will start claiming it their own. I say the more public, the better at this point.

----------------

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
based on Erebus' post I have quite a large update:

LurchDawg
North Island Crater <-- 1024x768
North Island Crater <-- 1280x1024
Midgar Church gradient <-- 1280x1024
Midgar Church no gradient <-- 1280x1024
Mt. Nibel Cavern <-- 1280x1024
Temple of the Ancients <-- 1280x1024
Midgar Sector 7 Tower <-- 1024x768
Midgar Sector 7 Tower <-- 1280x1024

Oh wow, these are really somthing. Very nice. What Emulator are you guys using to capture these? And is it much more work than ZNES capturing?

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

quote:

Did you not see the Super Famicom/PAl snes bit? Our carts were curved at the front and stuck out a bit.

Besides, it's a tiny icon either way. It gets the point across, good job sir.

EDIT! Also, not sure how dooable this is with php, java, asp, or whatever you're coding this in, but a system in which somone could request a game, and these show in some sort of updating tab on the mainpage, people could click on these, and if you met the request you can upload to it and it goes away.

----------------