Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

quote:

LeChimp came out of the closet to say:

Great, I will never look at cinnabuns the same way.

rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!
I want updated pictures.

TheClaw posted:

I would so use this for parties if it ran on linux. I even have a touchscreen doing nothing right now that would be awesome for it.

Any chance of a port? :v:

Footchie
Aug 21, 2002

Footchie Wootchie Woo!
I've been following this thread from page one and I..I.. Here's an e-hug :(

Actually it does look significantly better.

Good luck duder.

bardonaut
Nov 18, 2003

quote:

995poorer came out of the closet to say:
Last night I found a zit on the side of my nose and freaked right the gently caress out.

I have one on the front of my nose :( It makes me hate myself.

Obscura
Oct 7, 2001
Wow... I used to worry that my nose was too red too much of the time. Now I see that I should be drat happy about my sometimes red nose.

Thanks Dude!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Really, I just want to say "Ha-ha". Really, you're 17, what the gently caress are you doing having plastic surgery to change your apperance? You are a vain fucker.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Did you get any good painkillers?

have
Mar 23, 2004
Naw, the pain isn't that severe. I think my self-consciousness only accentuates the little pain that does exist.

I just woke up. There's a few more clear skin patches, but not the huge leap in recovery I was hoping for. I'm gonna shower up and then I'll take some pictures.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

eeems
May 8, 2003
/\/\/\/\

Please, don't . No. Really.

QtoZ
Oct 29, 2003

No matter where you go, there you are.
Dude, I think you look fine even with a red nose. The only person who notices it is YOU. Kudos on taking it in stride though, most people would freak out, like the people asking you to sue.

Don't go on that downward spiral of plastic surgery, you'll never stop until your face is like a Mr. Potatohead.

Jack B. Nimble
Feb 23, 2004
Candlestick!
It looks like all the pores on your nose just oozed out blood and pus, hopefully it didnt actually tear the skin.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

quote:

Darksider came out of the closet to say:

It didn't come out nearly as well as I hoped it would, but oh well.
Awww, what a cute kid. :)

ew though :(

Winkie
Aug 25, 2002

by elpintogrande

quote:

The Gumby came out of the closet to say:
Naw, the pain isn't that severe. I think my self-consciousness only accentuates the little pain that does exist.

I just woke up. There's a few more clear skin patches, but not the huge leap in recovery I was hoping for. I'm gonna shower up and then I'll take some pictures.

Hurry up with your drat shower :)

----------------

potato bread
Oct 15, 2003

the best bread ever

quote:

Winkie came out of the closet to say:

Hurry up with your drat shower :)

I concurr, I need more gross nose pictures to get me through the day.

have
Mar 23, 2004
Lemme finish this glass of coke then I'll hop right in.

----------------

elcign
May 12, 2001
waiting for updated pictures...

Suicide Snowman
Feb 28, 2004

by Lowtax
At least you're upbeat about it.

----------------

SimHuman
Jan 1, 2004

It's either real or it's a dream
There's nothing that is in between
Speaking as a female here, the only thing I see wrong with your appearance in any of your pictures is that your nose looks like the result of some horrible Nazi flesh-eating bacteria experiment. Your pre-surgery nose looked fine; I couldn't even tell that it was red. There is nothing wrong with your ears. If you want to do something about your teeth, a good whitening toothpaste should be plenty. My mom had laser whitening done, and it went fine, but I don't expect that you want to get near lasers again anytime soon. You look FINE. Please try to stop worrying about it so much.

Coincidentally, while writing this, my mom called to update me on my dad's skin cancer surgery. They just finished up, and they didn't have to remove quite as much of his nose as they expected to. At least all of your nose is still there. Good luck with the healing, man.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
Seriously, you lose. I mean, Jesus Christ. You looked completely finebefore this horrible violation of your face, but are so insecure that youmutilated yourself in order to fix a problem that nobody even noticed.

And you're going to round yourself up and do it all again, because themonkey ears comment and the whitestrips thing mean that you haven't staredat the oozing, gaping mess where your nose used to be and realized, "HAY MAYBE VANITY ISN'T WORTH IT."

Insecurity sucks that way. Protip: nobody cares about you enough to stare at your face obsessively picking out its flaws except you. So just loving stop doing it and spend your wads of cash on something worthwhile.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Well, once that nose is all healed it will be ready for the reduction surgery. When is that?

I KID I KID

arbeit macht spass
Aug 15, 2002

four walls & adobe slabs
Well, I'm gonna get some moles removed on my face and shoulders, but that's more of a "hey, I got really badly sunburned as a kid, let's try and prevent melanoma" thing than a "make me purty" sort of thing. I don't really want any cosmetic surgery (unless they've invtented forehead-reduction procedures).

However, Gumby deserves all the :love: e-hugz :love: he can get. I'm sometimes scared to walk out with a particularly swollen zit -- I can only imagine what THAT must be like.

have
Mar 23, 2004
I'm uploading the photos now.

The doctor actually called my house and requested that I take photographs of my nose for him to inspect, so they'll be serving a dual-purpose now :)

The lady who had said "Oh wow, that's crusty" isn't the person who actually performed the procedure-- she's just the doctor who works in the same office as he does, which is closer to my house.

Most of the time the male doctor is in DC (a slightly longer drive), only stopping by the local office once a month.

Photos are coming, though.

----------------

have
Mar 23, 2004
http://members.cox.net/jackcochranmd/nose32504.jpg

The picture is HUGE, I dunno if that's against the rules or anything. And as always, NWS.

----------------

Citizen Erased
Mar 20, 2004

Wash Me Away
The un-scabbed skin still looks kinda red. I guess it's gonna be after scabbing but it'd be a bitch if it all turned out to be for nothing.

TCC: Out in the alley where they found Mark Radcliffe there is a statue of a large black maggot in memory of what they did to him

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004
It already looks a ton better.

Obscura
Oct 7, 2001

quote:

Pacheeco came out of the closet to say:
It already looks a ton better.

I see you are starting to grow external nose hair around the nostrils. Most folks don't get that until they are elderly.

TedKoppel
Nov 30, 2002

They sure look ripe to me.
/\/\/\
For god's sake, don't get him self-conscious about something else

Oh hell, you're looking like you're gonna be fine. While there's still a lot of nastiness, you can tell now that it's actually going to be okay looking.

have
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

Obscura came out of the closet to say:

I see you are starting to grow external nose hair around the nostrils. Most folks don't get that until they are elderly.

:( It's really only visible in these super-duper macro pics.

----------------

Dache
Dec 26, 2003

this happy little fella is steve

Christ, I arrive at Gaming Age only to see you become an infamous celebrity there, and then I visit SA to find you've followed me here and your first thread is gold. WHAT IS WITH YOU GUMBY

That said, I really, really want to pop your nose.

Doublethink
Sep 11, 2001

Umpossible my dear fellow, simply umpossible

quote:

Obscura came out of the closet to say:

It's all cool i have the same thing and have only been shunned from 3 villages.

have
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

Doublethink came out of the closet to say:

It's all cool i have the same thing and have only been shunned from 3 villages.

Haha, that cracked me up. And nice 1984 reference with your name.

----------------

Yukeo
May 23, 2001
Still following from the beginning, and your daily progress leads me to believe you will charming the ladies again in no time.

FrankTheSpank
Oct 15, 2003

Sweep the leg.
Well, at least you're taking it well.

It will completly heal but god drat, how long?!?

zeebs
Dec 21, 2003
Pink lemon.
gently caress.

poo poo.

Jesus.

Just...gently caress. Whoa.

Can we get a pain update? Does this hurt or is it just incredibly disgusting in appearance?

Mackerel, the Thief
Sep 24, 2003

quote:

I'm uploading the photos now.

The doctor actually called my house and requested that I take photographs of my nose for him to inspect, so they'll be serving a dual-purpose now :)

I suggest giving him the picture of you giving the thumbs up.

have
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

zeebs came out of the closet to say:
gently caress.

poo poo.

Jesus.

Just...gently caress. Whoa.

Can we get a pain update? Does this hurt or is it just incredibly disgusting in appearance?

It's tender... I mean, touching it hurts. I can't blow my nose without looking retarded. When I put on/take off shirts, I make sure to stretch out the neck portion so that my nose doesn't touch anything.

It's not terrible, though. When its left alone, it doesn't hurt. It itches, however, and I'm well aware that I can't scratch it, so that can be bothersome. It's mainly just being constantly aware that there's a shell of ugliness on my face at all times that really drives me mad.

----------------

LeChimp
Feb 12, 2004

quote:

It's tender... I mean, touching it hurts. I can't blow my nose without looking retarded. When I put on/take off shirts, I make sure to stretch out the neck portion so that my nose doesn't touch anything.

It's not terrible, though. When its left alone, it doesn't hurt. It itches, however, and I'm well aware that I can't scratch it, so that can be bothersome. It's mainly just being constantly aware that there's a shell of ugliness on my face at all times that really drives me mad.

dont worry, you'll be beautiful as ever once this heals over.

edit: is your camera broken since there havent been any new pics lately?

edit2: AH I didnt notice your latest picture. it seriously made me wanna use my fingers and squish the black and white parts all over the place.

LeChimp fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 25, 2004

CCB
Dec 20, 2003

arrrr PIRATE
Your camera takes good closeup pictures (what cam?).

Putting that aside, your nose looks fine.

I only saw the first and the last one, and it looks like a major improvement. So my guess is you'll be fine.

I'm quite shocked that it only hurts when you touch it, it looks like it hurts all the time.

Well, get better. Thats all I can say.

have
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

CCB came out of the closet to say:
Your camera takes good closeup pictures (what cam?).

Putting that aside, your nose looks fine.

I only saw the first and the last one, and it looks like a major improvement. So my guess is you'll be fine.

I'm quite shocked that it only hurts when you touch it, it looks like it hurts all the time.

Well, get better. Thats all I can say.

It's a Canon Powershot S50.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

quote:

It's a Canon Powershot S50.
Is that the third time you're answered what camera you have?