Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
have
Mar 23, 2004
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons50/page17.asp

There are some sample photos taken with the S50.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

margarita!
Mar 15, 2004

Mmmm, tequila. . .
Gumby, you should submit some pics for their gallery. Who wants to see close-ups of flowers when they could be looking at your glorious nose?

DrunkenDuck
Jan 16, 2004
"The dynamics of interbeing and monological imperatives in 'Dick and Jane': a study in psychic transrelational gender modes."
I'm not sure if you answered this already because I skiped a few pages, but what was the procedure like?

Did you just go in there and sit down and the doctor shot a laser on your nose. Did you get any anesthetics or did it just not hurt during the procedure.

I remeber when my dad tried to get rid of a wart on his foot, and so he heated a needle till it was extremly hot and stabbed the wart. For the next month he was on crutches and seriousely nasty amounts of pus flowed from his foot because of the infections and the burns. Looking at your nasty rear end nose reminded me of that for some reason.

have
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

DrunkenDuck came out of the closet to say:
I'm not sure if you answered this already because I skiped a few pages, but what was the procedure like?

Did you just go in there and sit down and the doctor shot a laser on your nose. Did you get any anesthetics or did it just not hurt during the procedure.

I remeber when my dad tried to get rid of a wart on his foot, and so he heated a needle till it was extremly hot and stabbed the wart. For the next month he was on crutches and seriousely nasty amounts of pus flowed from his foot because of the infections and the burns. Looking at your nasty rear end nose reminded me of that for some reason.

You CAN be given anesthetics but it's really not necessary. The procedure involved sitting down while wearing these little goggles and getting zapped in the nose many, many times. Websites I've read made it sound like a few zaps suffices, but this guy did probably around 50 or so. It was kind of ridiculous.

----------------

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

quote:

The Gumby came out of the closet to say:
You CAN be given anesthetics but it's really not necessary. The procedure involved sitting down while wearing these little goggles and getting zapped in the nose many, many times. Websites I've read made it sound like a few zaps suffices, but this guy did probably around 50 or so. It was kind of ridiculous.

Aww, I was imagining it was something like Moonraker.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Well, I'm glad it's healing but I still think you should sue.

Signing a waiver does not protect the doctor against gross negligence, and IMO, letting you leave that office without some sort of protective bandage and antibiotic ointment was a grave oversight.

Get some :10bux: man, go get it.

grunby
Jul 2, 2002
--> Insert custom title here <--
Just posting so people realize that I've got an n in my username. Not an m. And my nose is fine. You've created quite a stir with those photos. I've now added the s50 to my list of possible cameras. And good luck with everything

I have no signature

Jan 23, 2002

quote:

kami came out of the closet to say:
Well, I'm glad it's healing but I still think you should sue.

Signing a waiver does not protect the doctor against gross negligence, and IMO, letting you leave that office without some sort of protective bandage and antibiotic ointment was a grave oversight.

Get some :10bux: man, go get it.
Blah. Give it up. Gross negligence would be like giving him the procedure without the protective glasses and he lost his eyesight. Scabing/bruising is normal for something like this. So it got infected, OH NO! Like there's never been anyone whose operation got them an infection before. Have you ever seen someone's leg after bypass surgery (or better yet, their chest) or someone's sholder after angioplasty? Even better: have you ever given blood and had them accidently poke through the vein?

Plus what's he going to claim if it heals fine? "I want $10 million in malpractice payments because I couldn't go swimming over spring break :("

Li'l Red
Feb 16, 2004

quote:

EDIT: And I realize the "blows" were in a joking manner, but they nonetheless brought attention to my less-than-perfect features.
yes, this sucks, but seems like the healing progress is getting along fairly well. I, for one, think you're adorable.

margarita!
Mar 15, 2004

Mmmm, tequila. . .

quote:

Avatar came out of the closet to say:
Plus what's he going to claim if it heals fine? "I want $10 million in malpractice payments because I couldn't go swimming over spring break :("

Sounds legit to me.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

quote:

You can get punitive damages for psychological harm. I mean, those loving closeups gave me psychological distress, so having it on his own face must be worth two, maybe three times as much. I'm not generally for malpractice suits, but I detest cosmetic surgeons. They run their practices like factory foremen, and if skimping on the postoperative care lecture means the can squeeze in one more procedure procedure that day, they will.

Akvj1n
Dec 27, 2003

Communism, the word of G-d.
Nice to see it's starting to heal, good thing you did this during spring break and could stay home all you wanted.

Get a job selling cameras.

Jan 23, 2002

quote:

King Bahamut came out of the closet to say:
You can get punitive damages for psychological harm. I mean, those loving closeups gave me psychological distress, so having it on his own face must be worth two, maybe three times as much. I'm not generally for malpractice suits, but I detest cosmetic surgeons. They run their practices like factory foremen, and if skimping on the postoperative care lecture means the can squeeze in one more procedure procedure that day, they will.
Do you know how much doctors have to pay in malpractice insurance because people sue over stuff like this? A doctor of internal medicine pays 40% to 50% of their income on insurance because someone might sue because a scar screwed up their mid-rift. Doctors who have never been convicted of doing anything wrong have been sued 7 or 8 times. Assuming of course that it heals fine, which I'd wager a large sum of money on, there is no reason to sue. So he got an infection that screwed up his nose temporarily. What does it really matter? It's lawsuits like this that tie up our court system so terribly. Should kemo patients who loose their hair get punitive damages? How about people who have to wear eye patches? There's something to be said for just dealing with it because if this really bothers him so much that he feels the need to sue then he's got more problems that some broken blood vessels.

Christ, in a couple years he'll be able to wear it as a badge of honor. Women dig stories like that. At some party, it'll come out that I'm a licensed emt and I'll have to tell some stories. This will end up being a great party story.

"Joe, you remember when that surgery went bad?"
"Yeah, my pours actually started oozing blood."
Girl: "Ewwwe! What happened?"
"Well you see I had this condition..."

Avatar fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 26, 2004

have
Mar 23, 2004
Oy yoy yoy, my nose is itching like hell.

----------------

have
Mar 23, 2004
jesus loving christ I NEED to scratch this. I am actually having to like contain myself. My toes are loving clenched.

----------------

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

sometimes you can distract yourself from an itch with other sensations... scratch yourself elsewhere, or tap on the nose (?) - something that won't cause scarring.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

One of my friends recently had his facial hair removed by laser (he's transsexual), and he, too, suffered from huge, oozing scabs and oodles of puss. It'll pass. Just be glad it isn't your entire face.

Jan 23, 2002

quote:

jesus loving christ I NEED to scratch this. I am actually having to like contain myself. My toes are loving clenched.
I'd call your doctor tomorrow and ask if hydrocortisone cream would be ok to use. It'll probably be fine but you never know.

quote:

onefish came out of the closet to say:
sometimes you can distract yourself from an itch with other sensations... scratch yourself elsewhere, or tap on the nose (?) - something that won't cause scarring.
masturbate, obviously :rolleyes:

Pupienus
Jul 21, 2003

quote:

masturbate, obviously :rolleyes:

To the nose pictures. It's the quickest way to cope with disfigurement, my dad's a psychiatrist.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Someone needs to buy this man an avatar of his nose.

Then somehow make it permenant.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

quote:

This alone is worse than looking at those pics for the first time. You're making my toes clench up now. Hope it heals okay, and if it doesn't, well, you'll probably wont have to worry about working for half your life.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

quote:

Vorpal Bunny X came out of the closet to say:
My name is Humpty
Pronounced with an "umpty"

I'm starting to like vorpal more and more. This is the thread winning quote here I don't even have to read the rest of them.

Pseudo
Jul 18, 2003

space cat

quote:

http://members.cox.net/johnmcochran/beforedisaster.jpg

Another "before" picture.
Ok, I'm not reading through this whole thread, but has anyone called him Sherminator yet?

Mr_Angry
May 15, 2003
A severe disappointment
College Slice

quote:

That's obviously the last thing you'll want to do here--the itching is part of the healing process and as many others have said to scratch at it will only risk scarring and make it worse. Do something to take your mind off the itch--chew gum or some poo poo like that.

have
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

Faaip De Oaid came out of the closet to say:

Ok, I'm not reading through this whole thread, but has anyone called him Sherminator yet?

:(

----------------

Pseudo
Jul 18, 2003

space cat

quote:

:(
That's what people call you isn't it? We had a Sherminator in Marching Band.

have
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

Faaip De Oaid came out of the closet to say:

That's what people call you isn't it? We had a Sherminator in Marching Band.

No, never been called that before, but it doesn't make it hurt any less :(

----------------

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
My eyes... they burn!

See profile for 3DS FC

Oswauld
Jan 7, 2003
Please don't go out in the public.

----------------

eaglebtc
Feb 22, 2003

quote:

Evil Pope came out of the closet to say:

To the nose pictures. It's the quickest way to cope with disfigurement, my dad's a psychiatrist.

That so? Interesting...it's like overcoming fears. So if you masturbate on top of the empire state building, you will no longer be afraid of heights?

gozer
Feb 11, 2004
are you going to redo the procedure again after the scabs heal up?

have
Mar 23, 2004

quote:

gozer came out of the closet to say:
are you going to redo the procedure again after the scabs heal up?

I'll see how red it is after it all clears up before I make a decision regarding the second procedure. I must say I'm doubting it.

----------------

Aeroplane
Mar 26, 2004
Did you warble my little wren?
gross man

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
Ugh, this thread makes me ill. :(

Hope your nose gets better. I don't know why you did that, the redness didn't look THAT bad.

EDIT: You're cute. :keke:

Handy link to ignore me, as I never have anything useful to say ;-*

mwells_cubed fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 26, 2004

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

quote:

thx for making my health insurance so high, motherfucker.

WAAAH WAAAH WAAH SUE SUE SUE

Jan 23, 2002

quote:

TheKevman came out of the closet to say:
thx for making my health insurance so high, motherfucker.

WAAAH WAAAH WAAH SUE SUE SUE
Oh grow up, that has nothing to do with your insurance being high. If it's high it's probably because you're an at-risk candidate meaning you’re between the ages of 16 to 28. This was a cosmetic surgery that probably wasn't covered by insurance to begin with (or at least not 100%). High malpractice rates affect doctor's insurance rates; the fact that you smoke and have diabetes and heart disease in the family is what makes yours high. These are just examples, of course, but lawsuit rates for cosmetic surgery have zero effect on your insurance rates.

have
Mar 23, 2004
Off to bed.

Tune in tomorrow for more pictures!!!

Same bat time, same bat channel.

----------------

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
One of the SA girls needs to take this fellow out on a date once he's healed up. This guy needs some female attention, pronto.

P.S. Respondees to this request - for best results, don't be fat.

Jimmmmah
Oct 11, 2000
Forum Veteran
it looks much better already, glad to see its clearing up, night night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

quote:

Oh grow up, that has nothing to do with your insurance being high. High malpractice rates affect doctor's insurance rates;

OH REALLY!?
half the story.

http://www.wclt.com/news/special/politics10376.html

"Further exacerbating this problem, we have found that insurance companies are leaving Ohio or choosing not to issue medical malpractice policies in the state, thus shrinking the competitive nature of the market that helps to keep rates down. In fact, three companies that provided medical malpractice insurance have left the state since December of 2001.

Testimony like this led the Ohio General Assembly to pass Senate Bill 281, legislation that was designed to bring stability back to the medical liability market by curbing the number of frivolous lawsuits that drive up costs for doctors and health consumers. Legally, the bill took effect in April, but it will take time for its provisions to fully affect the market as we intended."

quote:

These are just examples, of course, but lawsuit rates for cosmetic surgery have zero effect on your insurance rates.

Please prove to me that frivolous lawsuits of any nature DONT make insurance higher.

quote:

You can get punitive damages for psychological harm.

Well poo poo! Sue your parents, dude, they were the ones responsible for your red-nosed genes, thereby presenting you with so much "psychological harm," that you felt you needed to have costly cosmetic surgery performed in order to alter your appearance!! It's a winnar for sure!!!11

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Mar 26, 2004