Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
You look Irish, nobody should have been giving you poo poo for having a red nose in the first place. Sue the butchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
Gah, don't pick the scabs unless you want to trade redness for horrible horrible scarring. And I second everyone whose saying "get that bandaged," every infection I've ever seen has had to be bandaged and changed regularly by a nurse or whatever for drainage and sterility

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003

quote:

The Dave came out of the closet to say:
Second off, all the sue goons, shut the gently caress up, have you ever had surgeory?

First off, you want him to heal instantly. I had a cyst removed on my hand that had me out for a couple of days to heal. It's not going to heal because you want to see a perfect nose before you log off. None of my operations took less than four days to get healed from.

Second, YES, his mother signed something. They don't go, "OMG HERE you go if something Happens MONEY MONEY MONEY!" If this is an alergic reaction then more than likely the doctor is covered.

This has nothing to do being impatient with healing normally, and it has nothing to do with allergies. He has a bacterial infection, and signed waiver (waivers definitely prevent lawsuits :rolleyes: ) or not, if the doctor did not provide proper postoperative care or instructions he's pretty much at fault. You can't just cut someone open and let them loose on the world--in a way, the procedure is not over yet and he is still under the doctor's care.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003

quote:

The Gumby came out of the closet to say:

I don't feel "ill," or anything. The only pain I'm experiencing is when my nose is touched.

What's it like to see that staring back at you in the mirror? I've had injuries where I could handle the pain and think about them in an abstract sense, but actually seeing them on me made me feel like I was going to vomit.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003

quote:

Avatar came out of the closet to say:

Plus what's he going to claim if it heals fine? "I want $10 million in malpractice payments because I couldn't go swimming over spring break :("

You can get punitive damages for psychological harm. I mean, those loving closeups gave me psychological distress, so having it on his own face must be worth two, maybe three times as much. I'm not generally for malpractice suits, but I detest cosmetic surgeons. They run their practices like factory foremen, and if skimping on the postoperative care lecture means the can squeeze in one more procedure procedure that day, they will.