Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Nick Mingione has gone from nearly getting fired two years ago to having Kentucky atop the SEC and in position to potentially host a super regional. I don't know what kind of NIL opportunities baseball sees but he has absolutely killed it in the transfer portal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee run ruling Florida is the best

No real accomplishment this year, sadly

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Ah balls were ranked #1. Gonna get swept by Vandy now

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate the Vandy whistler so much

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I hate the Vandy whistler so much

Deserves to be tried at The Hague

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
OU softball managed a pretty convincing win over #1 Texas in the Big 12 championship… maybe we really can get the fourth consecutive national title?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/gsupanthers/status/1790443375629369655?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand it’s good for the area and I can walk to the stadium so that’ll be cool. On the other it’s going over the 715 monument.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Cats claim at least a share of the SEC with a win over Vandy tonight. Only the second time ever they've done it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Cats claim at least a share of the SEC with a win over Vandy tonight. Only the second time ever they've done it.

Congrats!

gently caress the aggies, woo pig

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can’t believe I gotta root for loving Vandy today

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State beat Wake’s Clayton Burns last night to take that series, Pack heading into the business end pretty strong and probably back in the conversation for regional host now.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Can’t believe I gotta root for loving Vandy today

*peeppeeppeep….peeppeeppeep*

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Let’s fuckin go nerds

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Saw this on Reddit and thought it was neat and nobody probably cares but me anyway here you go, a chart comparing this year’s home runs to record breaking ‘22 year. They could still do it if we play long enough.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
pools for ACC play, being top seed in a pool is a huge advantage because you still advance if everyone goes 1-1. further big advantage in being in pool A or B because Pitt and Miami really just aren't all that good, though Wake is a hilariously strong 8 seed for UNC to run into

Only registered members can see post attachments!

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 19, 2024

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

elentar posted:

pools for ACC play

Bought Tix for the Friday AM session couple hours ago. Hopefully Louisville takes care of Miami on Tuesday so Friday ends up being the B pool game that matters (also allows us to pitch the bullpen on Thursday to set up a normal weekend rotation).

Gonna take a 1/2 day and try to catch the end of UVa FSU game.

My daughter graduates (Clemson bound this fall) Thursday, and we're throwing a party Saturday so this is the only time I can go unless we make the final.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

drewhead posted:

My daughter graduates (Clemson bound this fall) Thursday, and we're throwing a party Saturday so this is the only time I can go unless we make the final.

congrats to her! i've got loads of friends in the English department there who are all fantastic teachers, hope she can explore that some if it's of interest to her

anyways i'd put Clemson as slight favorites since they have pretty clearly the easiest pool, just hoping NC State and Virginia make it out of pool play since that should be enough to secure regionals

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Georgia Bama and Florida all out of the SEC tourney already. A good day.

I love this time of year where I can start watching baseball at 1030 lol

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

https://x.com/hailstatebb/status/1793120775777509394?s=46&t=RsOyG16u4IGUb6Fz9Vxrog

Walked off OM last night, that always feels good. Whole game was a surprising pitcher’s duel between two not-regular starters. Our guy racked up 13 Ks thru 8

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Gonna be a low key day in the ACC, Virginia and NC State are both playing teams that are drawing dead so expect to see a lot of back bullpen clearing. Pitt and Wake play to see which of them matters against UNC.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just checked the LSU Kentucky score and :stare:

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Turns out it's hard to win when you don't actually hit the ball.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Turns out it's hard to win when you don't actually hit the ball.

Giving up two grand slams probably not advised either

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Joey Freshwater posted:

Giving up two grand slams probably not advised either

Just looked at the box score again, I missed giving up 11 runs on 7 hits.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate playing Vandy just because I have to listen to that loving Whistler. I can’t wait until he dies.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I hate playing Vandy just because I have to listen to that loving Whistler. I can’t wait until he dies.

I’m a little surprised no one’s killed him yet.

The absolute worst.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I’m a little surprised no one’s killed him yet.

The absolute worst.

He can get away with it when he’s at home but he’s been kicked out of Hoover before. If enough people complain they’ll do it. It’s probably why he’s not as bad here.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad I didn't post something about Kentucky earlier

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Idk what you expect, Tony has said as much that he doesn’t care much about this tournament. Didn’t even send a starting pitcher out today.

Two years ago we won it and then got dropped by ND in the regional.

Last year we dropped out early then went to the CWS so clearly this means we should drop out early and a CWS is guaranteed.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Top 4 seeds all lost in SEC, meaning we could see some real degen poo poo in the elimination games tomorrow.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Two elimination games in the ACC: Clemson-Miami, State-Duke. UNC-Pitt is dead and the Heels won’t want to waste any pitchers ahead of the Wake matchup tomorrow.

Clemson struggling with Miami early but still only in the 4th

elentar fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 23, 2024

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky bounces back. And had this highlight reel catch.

https://x.com/UKBaseball/status/1793656656691405156?t=ZWX24zOzARhclLAqW5BJSQ&s=19

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Clemson comeback falls just short, big boost to the rest of the ACC field and the State-Duke winner in particular (though a desperate Miami team is also pretty dangerous).

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Meanwhile Arky went 0-Hoover, though pulling Hagen after two was them throwing in the towel. They'll host next weekend but will be primed for an upset and might have to travel for a Super.

If only they didn't drop that pop fly in foul ground.....

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

The 5, 6, 11, and 12 seeds advance out of the ACC. I got to see the majority of the scoring in FSU - UVa yesterday before watching Clemson come back from down 6 vs Louisville in a meaningless game walking off on a four pitch bases loaded walk. Very much fun. Some how made it up to see the end of UNC Wake in 12 back home on TV. And man did I sleep hard last night.

Was a pretty day for Baseball.

drewhead fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 25, 2024

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/chrisvannini/status/1794427244301189139?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

They fuckin did it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That LSU finish ruled

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

That LSU finish ruled

Apparently I missed a hell of a game. A comeback from 8-0? Sheeeyet.

https://x.com/LSUbaseball/status/1794483113357099219

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

almost simultaneously in the softball tournament

https://x.com/alabamasb/status/1794513384190115967?s=46

https://x.com/texassoftball/status/1794513148583596139?s=46

bama won it in the 14th

aggie collapsed

e: aggie tied it :stare:

https://x.com/aggiesoftball/status/1794516831782244500?s=46

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Apparently I missed a hell of a game. A comeback from 8-0? Sheeeyet.

https://x.com/LSUbaseball/status/1794483113357099219

It was such a good game, my LSU buddy was losing his poo poo