Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Shortage: 09/16/2030, 10:16 - Part 2

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

code:
Watase:

Top:    IIIIII
High:   I
Middle: 
Low:    
Bottom: 

Result: ((6*8)+(1*6)+(0*4)+(0*2)+(0*0))/7 = 7.714 = 8

Kazami:

Top:    
High:   IIIII
Middle: II
Low:    
Bottom: 

Result: ((0*8)+(5*6)+(2*4)+(0*2)+(0*0))/7 = 5.429 = 5
Well, you went all in on Watase this time around, with the rationale being that if Watase's Sense of himself was higher than Kazami's, he would insist on taking the broken AD because he felt that he would be able to bear it better than she could.

As you can tell from the fact that I put the title of the update down as ''Shortage Part 2'' and the fact that there wasn't a red path immediately popping up, it seems that we've made the right decision. However, as you can probably tell from the +1 to Kazami we got, that decision wasn't quite what you were expecting.

Kazami's face was brimming with determination. When Watase and Jun saw that, they realized that there was no use in trying to persuade her.

Moribe... let's do as Tachibana says.
Y-yeah...!

Watase and Jun hurriedly injected themselves with AD. Kazami also injected herself with the damaged AD-- She then turned to Ukita and the others and spoke.

...I apologize for causing you trouble. Now we've all finished injecting ourselves, correct?
R-right...!
Y-you're right.

They were most likely still taken aback from seeing the altercation between the rescue workers. Ukita and the others were now quiet, like their fight mere minutes ago had never happened.

Now then, with that roadblock out of the way... let's talk about our next move.

Kazami spoke with a calm voice, betraying none of the anxiety she must have felt from her coworker's death and the lack of AD.

First of all, we've more or less completed our search of Area 3, with the exception of the Bl outer ring. However, we can't get in because the security slot is broken. So we were planning on moving on to Area 4 next... but are all you non-rescue personnel all right?
D-define 'all right'.
What I mean is if you feel mentally fit to keep on searching... right after you've seen those corpses.
...!

Ukita and Yuuri gasped at those words-- but in contrast, Ena replied in a subdued tone.

Of course I'll keep on going.
I see. Then come with us.
B-but... that killer really could still be lurking around...!
You're still on about that, Mr. Ukita!? I get that you think it's too dangerous to move around, but if you want to stay here, then you're on your own. But if you -don't- move, you just might be waiting for death, right?
She's right. And besides, we have no AD right now... to be honest, it'd be better to have an extra helping hand with the search.
...There's also Lieutenant Tachibana's health to consider as well. We should help with the search to ensure we can get some AD as well.
Y-you make good points...

Ukita reluctantly nodded. It seemed even he with all his stubbornness had realized how harsh the situation was.

What do you want to do, Yuuri...?
... ...I-I'll come along with you guys.
Yes, it would be much safer that way. Having everyone within eyesight would be best.

Kazami then turned her head. She was looking at the Area 4 connecting passageway.

Then let's head over to the next area. Fortunately, it appears that security terminal is still intact.
...Yeah.

And with that low voice, the group started walking off again.

The core question in these Senses Sympathy System decisions that involve Watase is usually ''will having a high Sense of himself mean that Watase is MORE likely to take risks for the sake of others because he believes himself as a rescue worker, or does it mean that he's LESS likely to take risks for the sake of others because he values his life above others?''. I don't really have an answer, and I don't think the game does, either. But anyway, it looks like we avoided death this time, albeit not in the way you were expecting. And all you that were hoping about some revelations about AD, you're going to have to keep looking, it seems.