Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Run & Search: 09/16/2030, 11:12 - Part 2

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

Alright, let's not gently caress up this time.

Pitch black smoke spread, sending a striking pain through his eyes.

(Great, so not only do I have to hold my breath, but now I'm against fire!?)

If there was any AD in there, he had to get it now or it would be incinerated. But Watase could very well lose his life for real searching in a place like this.

Watase steeled his resolve and stood his ground. He wiped his tears and looked around carefully.

(Is there anything in it!?)

He frantically ran over to the box. Inside of it were-- five ampules of AD.

(Yes! They're here!!)

Watase grabbed the box and took it with him. He then mustered his strength and fled from the room.

His consciousness was fading from oxygen deprivation. His feet were as heavy as lead, and tears filled his eyes, distorting his line of sight.

(Dammit... I've hit... my limit...!)

Watase walked through the darkness, still holding his breath.

(Let me... Let me get this AD to everyone, if nothing else...!)

He leaned against the wall and fumbled his way down the hall. But before long-- his hand came into contact with something soft.

(... A hand?)

Someone's hand was firmly gripping Watase's. Watase wiped his tears and looked in front of him.

(Tachi... bana...)

He called out to her in a voice that wasn't a voice. Kazami also wordlessly replied to him. She appeared to have said ''Captain''. Kazami lent Watase her shoulder-- and then broke off into a mad dash. They reached the room with the ladder and practically dived into it.

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

Haaaaaaaaaaaah!
Haah, haah... whew... ...Captain, are you all right?
Y-yeah...

Watase took out the AD he'd retrieved as he continued to pant.

More importantly, take this... it's AD. ...Now... we can save... everyone...

Kazami gave him a pointed look.

I'm sorry... guess I made you worry about me again, huh?

Watase was prepared to face another scolding from her. But instead-- Kazami gave him a sweet smile.

Sheesh, you really are always so reckless...!
Y-you're not going to scold me?
I don't endorse heroics, but... I cannot deny that your actions deserve merit this time.
Is... that right...? That's good.
Yes.

Kazami said that and held her hand out to Watase. It was right at that moment that Kazami's watch alarm went off.

It's time to administer the AD. Let's go upstairs.

Hey, Kazami, just a quick reminder that without Watase's heroics earlier with the electrocuted puddle, you'd all have been out of AD for several minutes now.

R-right.

Watase took Kazami's hand and climbed up the ladder. And soon enough--

Jun, Yuuri, and Ena were already lying there, and Ukita was sitting next to them.

All right, then let's administer AD to everyone.
Let's split up the work. Let me have three of them.

Watase and Kazami soon began injecting everyone. First Jun, then Ukita, then Ena, then Yuuri-- And last, they injected themselves.

Next, let's do a vitals check.

Kazami then removed her Vital Checker and wrapped it around everyone's wrists one by one. Watase watched with bated breath as she checked everyone's blood pressure and temperature—- only for her to finish and start speaking with a relieved tone of voice.

...Check completed. Everyone checks out as green. They're all unconscious, but I believe they'll recover soon enough.

Watase then breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Haah... thank God everyone's okay...
Yes. So it should be all right for us to rest a while.
They don't need any antidotes or anything?
Oxygen-deficient air is extremely harmful to humans, but it's not poisonous. They should be all right if they keep inhaling fresh air.
Good, then you stay here and look after the others. I'll take this time to start up this sprinkler system.
But where is it? This place is like a maze...

Kazami examined her surroundings. Just as she'd said, there were various sized pipes and pieces of equipment strewn all over the place. It was difficult to tell where -anything- was here.

Is there a blueprint to this place or anything like that...?

He looked around with that thought in mind, and eventually spotted a machine with a small monitor on it located by the ladder.

What's that?

Watase and Kazami ran up to the machine and found the following written on the screen.

--It appeared they were electronics manuals for the staff who supervised the engine room. Watase decided to tap the ''Electronics Manuals'' bar first, causing the contents of the screen to change.

Can't really tell what each one does from the titles alone.
What's this 'WX particle amplifier operation manual' one?

Kazami pressed that section, changing the screen yet again.

But there wasn't anything important listed in it.

...Doesn't look like it has anything to do with the sprinkler system, does it?
Dammit, is there no sprinkler system manual?

Watase tried to fiddle around with the screen some more, but then--

Ukita called out in a pained voice as he kept sitting on the floor.

Mr. Ukita? You okay?
Y-yes... somehow.

Ukita stood up and shook his head.

...More importantly, I know where the sprinkler system is. They showed it to me during my orientation days, you see. It's further in. I'll guide you there.
I see. That'd be great.
We apologize for inconveniencing you, but we'll kindly take you up on your offer.

Ukita nodded and started walking on unsteady feet. Watase followed him with a similar stumble in his steps.