Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Laboratory: 09/16/2030, 11:48 - Part 2

♪ BGM: Approaching Death

They were now in a battle against time. However--

A dull pain ripped through Watase's head.

(Tch, is this--!?)

It was the same headache and numbness in his skin that he'd felt when he'd last entered a contaminated zone.

(--Grr, so what!?)

Watase pushed it aside and continued running down the hallway.

Moribe! We'll meet up in the center!
Roger!

He and Jun split up at the fork in the hallway.

The room itself was just as charred as the hallway. Watase then opened his mouth.

Is anyone there!? Say something if you are!

But there was no response, and no AD to be found. Watase checked the place for a minute, then ran out of the room. He immediately went into the next room. But there was nothing there.

(I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that there's no survivors here...!)

If one of them had been lying unconscious here, they would have definitely been exposed to fatal levels of radiation by now. Watase burst out of the room as he thought that.

Moribe! Any luck!?
I checked all three rooms, but I got nothing!
Same here! Then this one's the only room left!

Watase said that and looked at the last room. There was a plate attached to the door. He had trouble reading it because of all the soot covering it, but--

'Dr. Miyoko Tenkawa'?

Something played back in Watase's head as soon as he saw that name.

Hey, Teach... what're their names?
The boy is 'Natsuhiko Tenkawa'.

I see, so this is--

But before Watase finished that thought—-

(!?)

--He saw a strange sight flash before him for a second. It looked like someone had been crying-- Watase felt a bad feeling overtake him and guide his voice.

...Moribe, let's go in!
Yeah!

The two of them then ran inside.

Louise! Say something if you're there!

However, there were no survivors to be seen.

(Was that vision I had just a delusion of mine?)

Watase thought that and looked around the room--when his alarm suddenly rang.

This is a yellow path asking about Watase. I could hold a vote here, but it's just another questionable decision about Watase's Sense of self, so instead, I'll just truck on with the 5 we already have and see what happens. If there's a bad ending, good, I can just go back and take the right path, and if there's no bad ending, we'll just go back and get it later.

Let's get out of here! We promised we'd go back after three minutes!

Watase hesitated for a moment. They'd confirmed that there were no survivors here, but they couldn't say the same about AD. He was also concerned about the strange vision he'd just had.

But he couldn't put their lives in danger over some fanciful delusion he'd had.

...Okay, let's go back!
Roger! Then let's hurry!

Watase and Jun then raced out of the room together.

Uh-oh. So yeah, the result that leads to us trusting our buddy and bailing out when we said we'd bail out? Not actually the right choice. Choo-choo, bad end train coming into the station!