Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Buddy & Buddy: 09/16/2030, 11:57

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

Yeah, I'm sure of it.

After that brief exchange, the two of them checked all the rooms in a hurry. All the while believing they'd find the survivors in one of them.

They're not here...?
No, hold on... let's check B1.

They then headed in the direction of the stairwell--

The part on Bl was intact, but everything below it had crumbled, leaving it impossible to climb.

Tch, not again.
Boy, this is the pits. The factory's basically two floors in one room, so this is the only staircase... Should we use the elevator shaft again?
No, wait, is there any way we can get up...?

It was at that moment that Watase remembered what he had with him.

I think we'll be able to get up with this.

Watase calmly picked up some debris and tied the end of the rope to it. He then tossed the rope up, and it caught on the B1 staircase.

Good, we can do this!
Nice one! Okay, first one to the top wins!
Hey, how're we supposed to race each other when there's only one rope? Just climb normally.
Aw c'mon, you're such a killjoy.

The two of them climbed the rope as they smiled at their playful exchange. --The two of them then left the rope where it was. That way they could use it again when they had to go back down, and there was a chance they might need to climb back up anyway.

Yeah!

The two of them then started searching the floor in high spirits.

Jun shouted as soon as she walked in.

Hey, isn't that a Procyon!?
Huh?

What's something like this doing here?
It's not that surprising. LABO -was- the one who gave us the Procyons in the first place, after all.
Oh, right. Anyway, this is a pretty good find.
Yep! Now we can split into three teams!

They didn't know if the need for that would ever arise, but the two of them decided to take it just to be safe. They looked around to see if there was anything else worth taking with them. Though they didn't find any AD-- there was a bound stack of papers on the table that Watase took interest in.

...Hmm? 'Disaster Prevention Manual'?
Isn't that the thing Yuuri found a while back?
No, it's a bit different. This one says 'For Area 5 and 6 Staff'.

Watase and Jun stood together to read the manual. Most of it was more or less the same as the one Yuuri had shown them, but there was a new page at the very end not present in the other manual.

A cargo lift...!?

The two of them started trembling when they read that passage.

'Evacuate to a safe zone'... does that mean...!?
That there's a way for us to escape to the surface-- even in this situation!?

Watase and Jun looked at each other. They were both grinning from ear to ear. After being trapped in the basement all this time-- they'd finally found the clue they needed about the one escape route that still worked!

But where the heck is it!?
It might be somewhere in that burnt to hell factory... though I didn't notice anything earlier... But we need to look for the survivors first! Locating an escape route means nothing if we don't find them!
drat right!

Watase shoved the manual into his pocket and ran out of the room. However-- in the end, they went through all the rooms, yet found no hide nor hair of the survivors or any AD.

The two of them headed for the connecting passageway that led to the factory.

The only thing up ahead was the factory, meaning that they'd completed their search of the inner ring.

That's odd... we didn't find Natsuhiko or anybody else here.
Yeah, I agree. But maybe they're in the factory.
Then let's go back and help the other team with their search!
Yeah. Or maybe they--

But before Watase could say any more,

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

he suddenly heard a sound at his feet.

!?
What was that!?

(The floor's giving way!)

Just as Watase thought that-- time slowed down for him. He was seeing everything in slow motion. Jun tried to jump back at once. But-- the floor at her feet collapsed right then.

Hyaah!
Moribe!

♪ BGM: The Truth is Revealed

Watase shot his hand out as fast as lightning and grabbed Jun's arm. Pain ran through his cracked ribs instantly.

(Ghh!!)

But he put up with it and grasped Jun's arm tightly. Dust blew up from the crumbled floor, but it soon began to clear up--

Revealing Jun's face on the other side.

Phew... That sure was a close call, wasn't it?
Captain...! Incredible! It all happened so fast that I couldn't react, but you...!
Well... I thought it looked dangerous, that's all.
Still, I nearly had a heart attack there... I didn't think the floor would just collapse so suddenly like that.
Yeah, that was scary. It must have been your weight that broke the passageway.

Hey, were you born with no manners at all!? That's not something you tell a lady!
Ha ha ha, I'm just kidding. I'm gonna pull you up now, so give me your hand.
Roger-dodger.

Watase grabbed Jun's other hand and pulled her up.

Nope... not physically. But my heart's been horribly wounded, no thanks to someone.
That's good. But still--

Watase looked at the now partially collapsed passageway.

I guess Area 6 got damaged really badly by that fire...
Yeah... I hope the others are okay.
Let's get back to them and make sure.

The two of them nodded at each other, then ran through the passageway together.