Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

The end of hope: 09/16/2030, 12:15

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

They'd had faith that there must be an escape route somewhere. That survivors must still live, awaiting rescue somewhere. And the cargo lift they'd found at the end of their search should have been their only escape route. But-- it had already been destroyed. There had never been any hope to begin with. Instead... all they'd found there was the unidentified body of a girl.

The group was frozen in total shock. Everyone had been struck speechless by this unforeseen turn of events. Soon enough, Kazami--

I... I'll run a vitals check on her...

--ran over to the girl with that declaration. She took off her Vital Checker and put it around the girl's wrist.

Status all red...

She opened the girl's eyelids up wider and checked her pupils.

Her pupils have dilated...

Kazami laid the girl down and spoke.

Moribe, help me out. I'm going to perform CPR.
R-right.

Jun hurriedly sat down next to the girl. Kazami performed cardiac massage. 15 compressions. Jun performed artificial respiration. 2 rescue breaths. The girl didn't respond. Watase just stood there in blank amazement, unable to even do a thing. 15 compressions. 2 rescue breaths. The girl didn't respond.

...It's hopeless.

Ukita kneeled beside the girl and muttered that. Kazami and Jun ignored him and continued their CPR. 15 compressions. 2 rescue breaths.

She's already dead...

15 compressions. 2 rescue breaths.

You guys couldn't save her...

15 compressions. 2 rescue breaths.

...And neither could I...

15 compressions. 2 rescue breaths. 15 compressions. 2 rescue breaths. 15 compressions. 2 rescue breaths. Kazami didn't stop the CPR.

Tachibana, it's too late...!

Watase's words didn't seem to register with Kazami. Eventually, her watch alarm went off.

!! Tachibana, it's time to administer the AD!
Hey, are you listening!?
...Khh...!

Watase took out one of the AD ampules and administered it to himself. He then injected Ena and Yuuri with two other ampules. Yuuri was so out of it that she didn't even offer up one of her usual protests.

Come on Tachibana, you guys have to take some too!

Kazami didn't reply. But her lips faintly moved.

...ie... Nagisa, don't die...!

Jun's eyes widened at that moment.

S-Sis...! This girl isn't Nagisa...!
(Nagisa...!?)

Confusion swept over Watase. Kazami didn't listen and continued her CPR attempts.

Lieutenant! Stop it already!
!

Kazami finally stopped moving at the sound of Jun's cry.

...Tachibana...

He couldn't say any more. Kazami quietly turned around towards Watase and spoke.

I did everything within my power... ...But she's... dead.

Kazami muttered that. Her face seemed absolutely devoid of life. The rest of the group chose that moment to speak up in terrified voices.

U-um, Lieutenant Tachibana...?
Er... are you okay?
I apologize for causing you all concern. I'm all right now.

Her tone of voice and the look on her face were the same as always-- and full of a harshness that wouldn't accept any further questions.

(What the hell just happened...?)

Kazami had clearly been acting strange. But her attitude made it clear that she would reject any questions regarding the reason for her actions. However, there was one thing they all knew for sure.

(There's been... yet another victim...!)

The group left the room, their hearts full of melancholy. They left the girl's body where it was--

I don't recognize the voice that's saying this.