Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Cumulative exposure

Our next diversion comes during the second part of Body, after the Jun friendship scene. When Watase and Ena go out to search the outer ring, we get a yellow branch that guards the next friendship scene. Instead of walking in silence...

♪ BGM: Achiever / Theme of Ena

Huh...?
It'll be fine. That surveillance camera footage showed that there's a big chance they're in either Area 5 or 6. They shouldn't have gotten caught up in the fire in this area.

Watase said that knowing he was trying to convince himself of that as much as he was trying to convince Ena. He was doing his best to avoid bringing up that Ena had seen one of her students in this very area almost an hour ago. But Ena still looked glum.

...The fire's not all I'm worried about.
Huh?
I'm more concerned about the radiation... I mean, your Procyon said that the radiation levels here are over 5000 mSv, right?
R-right.
It doesn't feel that way at all... but still, this level of radiation would normally kill you, right? We don't even know if the AD is actually protecting us from this level...

The first danger standard was ''4000-8000 mSv'', which referred to an area that they wouldn't want to stay for long in even with AD.

...Yeah, it'd be best for both the survivors -and- us not to overstay our welcome here.
Indeed. Especially me and Ms. Tachibana...
Huh? Tachibana I get, but why you?
Don't you remember? I didn't take any AD until you guys found me.
!!

Watase was filled with shock. Now that he thought about it, she was absolutely right. Ena hadn't even known about the meltdown until the group had told her.

The Procyon's reading was still low then, so I don't think my cumulative exposure is all that high...
N-no, hold on! You say that, but you can never be too careful in this situation! You should tell Tachibana and sit out the search of this area or--
Oh my, don't kid yourself. There's no way I can just rest while everyone else is working as hard as they can.

Watase took a long hard look at Ena’s face. He'd only thought of her as a naggy woman, but--

...You're amazing, Teach...
Huh? How so?
How do I put it... 'you've got a heart of steel' or something...? Anyway, you're an amazing woman.
Heh, don't tell me you're falling for me?
A little.

Ena completely went quiet in a second.

...Wait a minute, this isn't the time for jokes, right? You -do- know what we're dealing with right now, don't you?
Oh? I was just playing along with your joke. Weren't you?
Oh, uh, right... Anyway, got it, I'll be careful about my health.

Ena looked away when she said that.

Let's cut the silly chit-chat and get back to searching.
R-right.

Watase nodded after a bit of thinking, then focused on the search. He and Ena finished searching the hallway and headed on over to the elevator hall.

And then we jump back into Body, with Watase and Ena finding Hiyama's corpse.