Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Treachery

Now, I said that this one wouldn't be fun, and I meant it. We've already seen what happens during Cross-Examination if we've ruined our Favor with Kazami. Now, what happens if we do the same for Jun? We'll have to start ruining our favor earlier for Jun, during Smoking Barrel. Jun doesn't trust Ena's explanation in the slightest, but what if we do right off the bat?

Wait, you're believing her just like that?
Well, we can't prove otherwise, so yeah, nothing we can do about that.

Watase admonished Jun, then turned back to Ena.

And then we're right back in the chapter the way we saw it. Basically, we don't get the airsoft explanation and lose Favor with Jun.

Next, during Suspicion, Jun and Ena are insisting that somebody from the main group had to have taken the AD because the high school kids wouldn't do it. So we're going to not buy that.

He's right, and what's more... the culprit must be one of us.

Jun scanned the others with a sharp look in her eye.

You idiot! Are you serious!? Are you actually doubting us!?
It's not like I want to, okay! But that's the only possibility I can think of!
Come to think of it, you've been a bit too trigger happy for a while now! Think a bit before you spea--
-You're- the one who needs to be thinking! Don't just go blindly ignoring what others have to say!
...!

Jun's harsh shouting shut Watase right up. She then continued talking with a subdued voice.

...The only ones here in LABO are us and those kids, right? But I don't think Natsuhiko and the others would go steal the AD without saying a thing.

And then it just continues on as normal.

Next, we have Ukita bringing up the possibility of a traitor within Sirius. But what if we divert the potential blame?

Then are you trying to say... that there's a traitor in Sirius...?
Perhaps.
You ungrateful bastard! Are you forgetting that we saved your drat life just last week!?
Now now, hold on, what I'm doubting is--

An enraged shout erupted from Watase's throat as another quarrel began to break out.

Cut it out already, guys...!
!
Why are you doubting each other so much? You guys just aren't thinking straight because you're all tired to death, right? Just think about this normally and you'll realize there's only one answer.
What?
The culprit is one of the survivors. They decided not to wait for us here, then tore up the note, took the AD, and left.

Everyone's faces froze over at Watase's suggestion.

A-are you out of your mind...!? Didn't you hear me when I said that those kids would never do anything like that?
She's right! Are you doubting my students?
I don't want to. But it's dangerous to trust them unconditionally without any sort of solid proof.
My my, such a level-headed opinion... One could even call you 'cold'. But do you even have a way to get that so-called proof?

Man, Ukita, you're a real piece of work sometimes, you know that?

Well, no, I don't...
What the hell!? How can you be so irresponsible!?
Irresponsible!? Me!? I'm the one trying to be the voice of reason here...!

--In the end, Watase had ended up only fueling the fire of the quarrel he'd been trying to stop. They argued for a little while longer... until Ena suddenly raised her voice.

Enough, people! We can complain all we want, but it's not going to make the situation get any better!
Mmm, that's true...
Is there any way we can prove who stole it...?

A lightbulb went off in Watase's head at that comment.

There is... all we have to do is go to the surveillance room...
The surveillance room?

And then we continue on as normal. Now, we don't actually see the difference in Cross-Examination. That goes through as normal, with us doing two Senses inputs the right way and one the wrong way, which still leads to Jun and Ukita going insane and us fleeing with Ena. However, during the following chapter, Cause...

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

However, Ena suddenly fell quiet before she finished talking.

Hmm? What's wrong?
Shh. Be quiet.

--A second later, they heard footsteps racing down the hallway, only to stop right in front of the office they were hiding in--

No one's here... Odd, I'm pretty sure that Mr. Ukita was chasing them this way...

It was Jun's voice. She then suddenly started speaking in a pained tone.

...Captain... I can't believe this is happening... I trusted him the whole time, and yet he...
(Moribe...!)

Watase felt like his heart was being crushed. But then Jun's attitude took a sudden 180.

He'll pay for this...! I'll find that bastard and make him give back the AD he took...!

Watase trembled at the clear hatred in Jun's voice. Right then--

...Moribe, are you looking for Captain Kasasagi and Ms. Tsubakiyama too?
Yeah. I mean, you can't take them on by yourself, right?
Well, yes, I suppose that's true... By the way... what about Lieutenant Tachibana?
No, she's not helping out. All that evidence and yet all she's doing is saying 'just calm down' like a broken record.
I see... But I'm not sure we can take them on with our bare hands even in a 2 on 2 fight.
Actually, I was considering the same thing, so I was thinking of getting a little something to help even the odds.
Interesting... and where would it be?
Over here. Come with me.

Their footsteps then vanished in the direction of Area 1.

...This isn't good. It sounds like they could be on their way to get a weapon of sorts.
Then let's take this chance to find another place. It's too dangerous to stay in this area forever.
Good point... Let's go.

--then headed in the direction of Area 3, away from Jun and Ukita.

Now that we've come this far, I think we'll be okay for a while.
Probably... But we can't keep running around like this forever. Hey, why don't we go back to the room where the AD vanished one last time?
You mean the neuroscience laboratory? Why there?
I don't know who took the AD-- But maybe we'll find a clue to their identity if we investigate the room in more detail, right? If we can at least find proof in there that we didn't do it, then I think that'll calm those two down a little.
Teach... you're sounding like a detective or an investigator, you know that?
Really? I think anyone would come up with the same idea in these circumstances.

Watase was surprised to see Ena smiling as she said that.

(To be able to smile in a situation like this... you've sure got nerves of steel, Teach.)

Though that said, Watase agreed with her idea.

Roger that. Then let's head for the neuroscience laboratory right away and investigate the place.

Come to think of it--

Watase suddenly remembered something as he took out his security card.

Hmm? What is it?
Didn't you mention when we were hiding in that office that there was something bothering you? What was it?
Oh, well...

Ena paused, then slowly shook her head.

I'll save that for another time. We'd be in a whole world of trouble if we came across those two right here and now.
...Yeah, that's a fair point.

Watase nodded in response to Ena's comment-- but at that moment...

♪ BGM: Abyss

A strange noise suddenly echoed through the passageway. It was Ena who realized what it was first.

--M-Ms. Moribe!?

--!!

Watase was rendered speechless. But a second later-- Jun suddenly swung the cutter downwards, cleaving a diagonal slash through Ena's body.

Dark red blood dripped down onto the floor. Ena looked at it with wide eyes.

Wh... what... is this...?
T-Teach!

Ena's body violently lurched forward. Watase caught her in the nick of time. He couldn't speak.

...!

He could see something white exposed by the giant wound that'd cleaved her flesh. It was Ena's collarbone. Blood came gushing out of it.

C... Captain... Kasasagi... am... I...?
Don't talk! I'm gonna stop the bleeding right now, you hear!?

Though he knew it was futile, Watase pressed his hands against the wound. Ena's body began to convulse. Her blood kept pouring out in droves without end, filling the passageway with an ever-growing puddle of blood. --It's too late! She's beyond help! In his head, Watase knew that. But he ignored it and kept on encouraging Ena.

It's okay, Teach! It's just a little scratch, that's all! So you need to hang in there, okay!?

A heartless voice then cut in.

You're wasting your time... That wound's fatal any way you look...

Watase glared daggers at Jun. Jun gave Watase a curious look and continued.

What're you so angry about...? It was all Ms. Tsubakiyama's fault, right...?
You dumbass! Isn't it your duty to save lives?! So how could you even -think- about doing something like this--!?
Oh lay off... you're a fine one to talk, considering you were accomplices with a murderer... See all this blood...? It's your accomplice's blood...
My... accomplice...?

He didn't know what she was talking about. But Jun paid him no heed and kept on talking.

You're so horrible... I hated you before all this, but I was just starting to like you today... You got me to trust you once... but then you had to go and betray me like that...

Jun then pulled the engine cutter's lever. Watase's whole body trembled with fear. But he couldn't leave the dying Ena behind and run for his life.

Stop it, Moribe! Do you even know what you're doing!?

Jun suddenly came to a halt.

Bewilderment filled her face. But just as quickly as it'd appeared--

...DON'T SCREW WITH ME!! You think I'm doing this because I like it!? Don't group me in with you guys! This is all your fault, you bastards! Your fault, your fault, YOUR FAULT!

Jun raised the engine cutter overhead in rage. Watase was still holding Ena. --He couldn't run away. And then,

St--

before he could even say ''stop'', Jun mercilessly swung the engine cutter down on him. The blade came into contact with Watase's skull. His scalp split open, and his bones were smashed. Memories of Jun flickered by at that moment.

My nickname's 'Sirius' Lady Suicide Squad Chief'! My catchphrase is 'Jun's my name, rescue's my game!' Let's get along, okay!?

--The last thing he ever heard was a mysterious sound--

----!

Watase's agony was soundless. And as his gray matter splattered on top of the now dead Ena--

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 28, 2016