Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

It'd been nearly an hour since they last searched this place. The team opened one of the nearby doors and went in--

There were a lot of blind spots, meaning it'd be hard to tell right away if anyone happened to be collapsed behind one of them.

I don't think they're here, but let's search to be safe.
All right.
Roger.

The team then began their search of the room. But there was no hide nor hair of the survivors or any AD.

(Tch. Maybe I can find some information about how to escape from here instead?)

Just as this thought crossed Watase's mind-- he heard Ena talking to herself deeper in the room.

Oh... what's this?
What's what?

Watase ran over to Ena. She was pointing at a white board. Written on it was the following:

For reference, I haven't the slightest what the gently caress this means. I never saw this scene during my playthrough. EDIT: I'm starting to work things out, though I'm still far from working it all out.

...The hell's this?

Normally, one would expect to see, say, sentences concerning the contents of some discussion held during a meeting written on the board, but this didn't look like that at all.

Mmm... it looks like a message from one person to another...
A message?
I mean, doesn't it kinda look like the letter I wrote earlier?
I see... well, when I see 'Sirius', the name of our rescue team's the first thing that comes to mind... You don't think this is addressed to us, do you?
If we go by that line of thinking, then perhaps the 'cage' mentioned here could be referring to our plight of 'being trapped in LABO due to the lockdown'... But what's this whole 'night of the full moon' deal about? I'm pretty sure there's no full moon today, and it's not even nighttime yet.
Mmm... beats me.

It might as well have been complete gibberish to them. --But as Watase looked over those sentences--

...?

A strange feeling welled up in him for some reason. It was by no means an unpleasant one. It was a warm and heartrending emotion... mixed with nostalgia, relief, and sorrow.

...? Hey, what's wrong?
Well... I'm not quite sure, but...

Just then, Ukita called out to them from behind.

--What are you two up to -this- time?
Oh, right... Teach found some weird sentences here.
Mr. Ukita, do you know what they mean?
Hmm...

Ukita glanced at the white board, then sighed.

No, I don't... More importantly, do we really have time to be wasting on looking at this?
Well, no, but doesn't it make you curious?
He's right. This could be a message left behind by Ms. Toba or Ms. Sannomiya.
A message? Don't be ridiculous. If it were, then why would they write all this nonsense?
Then what -is- it, then?
How in the world would I know that? At any rate, we can't stay here going over such pointless details like this. All you're doing is bringing the search to a total halt, right?

Everything Ukita said from start to finish was harsh. Ena was clearly not happy about his attitude, but she said nothing.

(... This is bad. The atmosphere's been totally strained for a while now thanks to the old man...)

That said, yelling at him to shut up wasn't an option either. It'd just lead to more bickering like before. Thus Watase spoke in the friendliest voice he could muster.

Well, maybe it's best we just do what the old man says on this matter. Isn't that right, Teach?
Huh...?
Just keep those sentences on the backburner and continue with the search for now.

Ena looked even more peeved at Watase's dismissal-- but she eventually just snorted.

...Fine, got it. Let's go with that.

Watase breathed a sigh of relief when he heard that. --But at the same time, it finally hit him. Searching together with just these two civilians was extremely difficult.

(... No, I mustn't complain... I need to be more level headed. I need to keep up the search while making sure those two don't get into fights.)

Watase mentally resolved himself and left the room with Ena and Ukita.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 30, 2016