Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Kiss

Finally, this yellow branch during Cause hides the final friendship scene for Ena. A Sense of Ena at 4 or higher lets us in.

I can't confidently deny the possibility that a part of me's okay with letting everyone else die so long as I survive...!

Watase suddenly began to get scared. Very scared. Perhaps there was a ''wicked'' side to him that he was not aware of-- one that was deciding all his actions on its own and driving everyone to their deaths-- That thought was much more frightening than the prospect of his own death.

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

For crying out loud... I'm so disappointed in you.
Huh...?
I mean, you said you trust me-- But that doesn't hold any water when you clearly don't trust yourself.
S-sorry...
Stop it. Don't let me see you with that look of despair on your face. You are indeed suspicious-- your amnesia and the security footage attest to that. But even when I take that into account, I want to trust you. And yet here you are, assuming your own guilt without proof...
...But I don't have any memories of my past, you know? If my past self was someone who held malice in his heart--
It doesn't matter who your past self was. The indisputable truth is that you have been pushing yourself to your limits to save people. Are you saying you can't trust what I say ever after I saw all that?
I see... so words alone won't do it, huh... Fine then. Then let's try something besides words.

Ena put her hands on Watase's shoulders as she said that--

♪ BGM: Words of Healing

Watase froze on instinct when he saw Ena's face approaching him. However-- Ena suddenly stopped just before their noses could come in contact with each other.

Ah, no, uh...

Watase frantically shut his eyes.

Ena's lips were trembling ever so slightly.

Well? You convinced now? That's my way of saying I trust you from the bottom of my heart.

Watase had no clue what he should say. Without his memories, it was essentially the first kiss of his life. Ena swiftly looked away as if she could tell what Watase was thinking.

A charm?

Ena let out a slightly lonely laugh when she heard that and continued.

It worked, didn't it? I thought it was quite generous.

Watase didn't understand the meaning of the smile Ena was giving him. But those feelings she was showing him were the real thing.

Yeah... thanks, Teach. I'll believe in the 'current me' that you believe in.

There was someone out there who truly believed in him when even he couldn't believe in himself-- Watase was grateful for that more than anything else right now. And he felt like he could trust her with his life.

Hey, Teach... If the 'me' you know now vanishes forever and I turn out to be a black-hearted person when I get my memories back... Will you stop me?

However--

Watase's heart lightened at that moment, his reservations completely disappearing.

And with that, we return back to Cause, with Watase and Ena wondering what they should do with Moribe and Ukita being the way they are.

And that... was it! That was the last scene we needed for full completion of Route After! It's certainly been one hell of a ride so far, and let me tell you, the ride hasn't even truly started yet. Next time, we'll be starting Route Before - and we'll get to learn a lot more about Rokumei City, Natsuhiko and his gang, Beyond Communication, and much more. It will be slow at times, but it will be interesting.

Route Before will begin in the new year. Give you some time to process all this new stuff.