Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ARMS: 09/12/2030, 17:20 - PART 2

♪ BGM: Individualist / Theme of Louise

Now that he thought about it, he had gotten along with Mashiro ever since that time. They didn't get along at first, but it was an animal that brought them together back then as well.

(It's almost like the situation now.)

This time, Alice let out a gentle squeak.

Alice: Kyuu kyuu!
Ah, Alice squeaked again.
I've never heard that squeak before... Natsuhiko, what are you thinking now?
I was just feeling a little nostalgic.

Natsuhiko answered Salyu with a smile.

Now then... we've still got time. What do you want to do?
There's nothing more I need to buy.

Natsuhiko thought they should go home in that case, but Mashiro spoke up as if something had crossed her mind.

A blue branch with Salyu at 7.

Huh? But I thought we already stocked the refrigerator?
Ah, no, I mean, yesterday we only had a plain dinner with the food we had on hand. So I was thinking I should be a little more extravagant tonight as a sort of welcome party for Salyu.

Now that he thought about it, they didn't have any sort of welcome party. But he was unsure if it was really appropriate to throw one now.

...So, um, can I choose what I want to eat?
Of course. So, what would you like, Salyu?
Bifteck!
Pffft!

Natsuhiko was caught off guard at Salyu's vigorous response.

You sure know what you want, huh. But still, calling beefsteak 'bifuteki' is such old-fashioned Japanese...
You're so ignorant, Natsuhiko. Bifuteki comes from the French 'le bifteck'. It means 'a cut of meat'. It's not an abbreviation of beefsteak.
What? I never knew that.
Ahahah, anyway, you want to eat beef, right?
Yes. So much. Hurry Mashiro, let's go now.
Ah, hold on. Wait for me~

Mashiro and Salyu ran off. Their exchange was so peaceful, Natsuhiko couldn't help but smile.

(I guess this is nice...)

He chased after them as he mused to himself. Natsuhiko felt just the slightest bit of euphoria in this moment.