Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

PASSIONATE MEAL: 09/12/2030, 18:10

They then passed through the entryway together.

♪ BGM: Quiet Days of Rokumei City

Yuuri welcomed them in.

I'm back, Yuuri.
And I'm back too~!
... I'm back.

Even Salyu timidly replied too. Mashiro smiled in relief before speaking up.

Awwrighty, let's get to making dinner, then. Today we're having a luxurious menu, you know~?
Ah, should I help?
It's okay, it's okay. I'll be fine on my own. Actually, I want to show you just how serious I can get... The kitchen's gonna be a battlefield. There's no room for amateurs to drag me down.
...! O-okay, then. Good luck...
Heheh, just sit tight and wait.

And with that, Mashiro went into the kitchen. And after an hour of patient waiting-- Mashiro soon lined the table with a smorgasbord of food.

♪ BGM: Helper / Theme of Mashiro

Okay, thanks for waiting! French bread with beef liver pate, shrimp en cocotte, salade nicoise, as well as Vichyssoise soup. And for the main dish: Chaliapin-Style Bifteck!
W-whoaaah~!!

Natsuhiko couldn't contain his shout of joy. There were five delicious dishes laid out, each with their own unique appearances.

...Magnificent.
Wow, Mashiron. You made all this in such a short amount of time?
Wow, that's just too good to be true. What are you...?
That's all thanks to daily training and an industrial grade pressure cooker. But we can talk later, let's just eat already!
Roger. Natsuhiko, hurry.
Oh, sure.

Natsuhiko and Yuuri came to the dinner table upon Mashiro and Salyu's urging.

Now then, let's celebrate our meeting with Salyu! Thanks for the food!
Thanks for the food!

And with their joyous shout, they began their meal.

...Delicious!

He couldn't help but let a voice of admiration seep out of his lips. The deep taste of the pate and the sweet scent of the bread entwined in a medley of flavor. Natsuhiko couldn't detect the characteristic odor of the liver at all.

Mmm~... The cocotte's delicious too~! It melts in your mouth.
Mm, the salad's delicious too...
Heheheh, looks like you guys like it. But what I'm most proud of has to be the main dish.

This recipe was apparently devised so that a certain opera singer could savor the beef to the fullest.

Tips posted:

TIP: Feodor Ivanovich Chaliapin
Category: Nonfiction

A popular Russian opera singer in the early 20th century.

His deep, powerful voice and extraordinary talent gained him praise and renown as the most well-known opera singer of the 20th century. Though he was born in a poor family, he taught himself music until he was good enough to earn roles in an opera company. It is said that his first genuine voice lesson was not until he was age 19. Afterwards, he performed in the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow, the Teatro alla Scale in Milan, the Metropolitan Opera House in New York, and other venues. His fame slowly grew and eventually he became a huge sensation.

In 1936, two years before his death, he came to Japan for a performance. During his stay at the Imperial Hotel, he suffered a toothache and requested a tender steak be prepared. Agreeing to the request, head chef at the time, Fukuo Tsutsui created a tender steak by marinating a well-pounded cut of beef in finely chopped onion. Chaliapin is said to have enjoyed the dish immensely.

The hotel named the dish Chaliapin steak, which went down in history as a Japanese-specific steak. Derivative items include Chaliapin sauce, a steak sauce made with onions and garlic; Chaliapin hamburg steak, made with said sauce; and Chaliapin pie, made with meat tenderized with onion.

It's definitely delicious! Please, feel free to try!
Let's see...

They each put some of the bifteck into their mouths--

!
!!
!!!

And their eyes widened. The moment they ate a bite, they felt the savory taste of the mellow meat. By appearances, it was a simple dish consisting only of cooked beef topped with minced onions. However, the meat was unbelievably tender, allowing a knife to cut through it like butter. And yet the tenderness came at no cost to the beef's taste whatsoever. With each bite, its meat juices would flow out, spreading savory flavor throughout the entire mouth.

...Mashiron. It's too delicious. I'm gonna cry.
Yeah. This could be the best thing you've ever made.
Ohoho, just call me Maestro.

Mashiro puffed her chest out in pride. Salyu fell silent and ate up her bifteck in the blink of an eye.

Huh, you already done eating, Salyu?
I guess Salyu's got a bigger appetite than you'd expect, huh.

Salyu timidly called out to Mashiro.

...Um, Mashiro?
Hmm? What is it?
Is there... more of this?
Y-you sure can eat, Salyu! One serving was plenty of food already.
I did make another helping of beef since I thought Natsuhiko would want more, but...
...!

Salyu glanced at Natsuhiko with pleading eyes.

--Mashiro, give that beef to Salyu for me.
You sure?
Well, of course. I'm not hesitant at all seeing Salyu eat like that.
...Thank you.
Awrighty! Here it comes! Hold on a sec!

Mashiro gleefully headed to the kitchen. Salyu ate her second helping of beef more slowly, making sure to savor each bite. And eventually, she finished eating that helping as well--