Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

AT THE END OF AN UNEVENTFUL DAY: 09/12/2030, 22:00 - PART 2

♪ BGM: Peacemaker / Theme of Yuuri

(I see... so this is the book from back then, huh?)

He read this book many times back then, but he hadn't read it ever since he grew up. As he basked in nostalgia, he happened to look at Yuuri-- And before he had realized it, she had closed her eyes.

...Oh, asleep already?

With a wry smile on his face, Natsuhiko reshelved the book.

(... I wonder if Yuuri remembers what happened back then?)

Natsuhiko looked at her sleeping face as he wondered that.

Even as he looked at her in such a defenseless state, he harbored not a single improper thought. Natsuhiko was unable to see Yuuri as a mature-bodied woman. Even though he was a healthy high school boy, he had never felt any lust at all towards Yuuri.

(What I do feel... is a desire to protect her, I guess.)

And not just because they were raised almost like family. Perhaps it was because of the accident nine years ago. Or perhaps it was because of her personality. He didn't understand, but he didn't mind. And that was why they were able to live together without any problems whatsoever.

...Good night, Yuuri.

Natsuhiko whispered to Yuuri almost in the same way one would whisper to a sister. Obviously, there was no guarantee that these days would never end.

(Things have been changing since Salyu came... Our current way of living might change little by little too.)

Perhaps one day, Yuuri would finally be able to leave this house. Perhaps Mashiro would get a boyfriend and stop visiting, too. But change doesn't have to be immediate. As long as these days were to continue, Natsuhiko wanted to keep spending time like this.

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

A voice echoed forth in the dark room.

--Huh?

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

Everything changes. These days won't continue forever. The nature of change is that by the time you notice it, it's already progressed considerably. That was the case even today. Your sentiment towards Salyu changed considerably in the span of one day, didn't it?

She spoke clearly and firmly-- as if her half-asleep mumbling had been an act. Natsuhiko felt a hint of fear to see Yuuri like that.

H-hey, Yuuri... What's been going on with you lately?
What do you mean?
I mean, you usually don't say things like that.

--And she'd said things like that every day these past few days.

(Are her ''symptoms'' getting worse...?)

But when she was with Salyu, Yuuri seemed like she was having fun. Natsuhlko had essentially no idea of what her mental state was like.

...What do you mean these days won't continue? Does something give you that impression?
No, nothing gives me that impression... it's just that it's only natural.

Yuuri hung her head as she spoke.

...And there are other things you will lose along with your peace. Which is exactly why you should treasure what you've got. Because they should be able to guide you, Hikorin...

With each quiet word Yuuri spoke, doubt rose and rose in Natsuhiko's heart.

Yuuri... what in the world do you...?

As Natsuhiko voiced that question, Yuuri merely pointed to his wristwatch silently.

The dial was cracked and it was stopped on 9/16 at 6:19.

(Again!? When did this watch break?)

Today should be September 12. So why was it stopped at September 16?

(No, wait... Is today really September 12...!?)

The moment Natsuhiko made that realization--